1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 14 - 5/12/04 (15.00)
Juventus - Lazio

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mimmo Caso’s job is on the line and Juventus need to get back on track after their slip at the San Siro. There certainly isn’t a lack of motivation in this fixture.

The Bianconeri saw their lead cut to just four points after throwing away a 2-0 lead in the closing stages of the Derby d’Italia last week and cracks are beginning to show in this fortress. That was only the second time this season they have conceded more than one goal and even the return of Jonathan Zebina didn’t reinforce an already stunning back line.

Alessandro Del Piero is battling to recover from a muscular problem and is likely to start from the bench in favour of Marcelo Zalayeta and Zlatan Ibrahimovic – both on target against Inter. It will also be an intriguing tie for ex-Roma boss Fabio Capello against a side he repeatedly conquered in the Derby della Capitale and for former Biancocelesti star Pavel Nedved.

Caso has been under a lot of pressure recently with Lazio’s poor run of results in Serie A, the UEFA Cup and Coppa Italia. Following their 3-2 home defeat to Cagliari, President Claudio Lotito confirmed he was considering the tactician’s future.

Angelo Peruzzi won’t be able to face his old club after a red card in Sunday’s defeat, so Matteo Sereni returns between the posts. Paolo Di Canio and Ousmane Dabo are back after their bans expired, but it’s likely we’ll see Simone Inzaghi supported by a trident consisting of Antonio Filippini, Goran Pandev and Juve transfer target Cesar. So far this season Juventus have made short work of the smaller sides but struggled against the more prestigious outfits, so will they slip up again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Nedved; Ibrahimovic, Zalayeta

Lazio (probable): Sereni; Oddo, Talamonti, Couto, Lopez; Dabo, Liverani; A Filippini, Pandev, Cesar; Inzaghi

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
woof woof

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
foow!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
The streak ended last season, but this season it begins again. ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meanwhile, Juventus may be without star man Pavel Nedved for their weekend game against Lazio.

The Czech ace didn’t train with the rest of his teammates on Thursday and could be replaced by the young Ruben Olivera.

channel4

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Nedved missing would be too good for us to be true.:)

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Meanwhile, Juventus may be without star man Pavel Nedved for their weekend game against Lazio.
:wallbang:

we will still thrash you though :finger:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
May the Force be with you :star: :devil: :star:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nedved skips Lazio clash Saturday 4 December, 2004

It’s confirmed Pavel Nedved will not be able to face his former Lazio teammates as a bout of flu has floored the Juventus star.

The European Player of the Year 2003 has been suffering from the virus for the last few days and skipped training, but today it became clear he would not recover in time for Sunday’s afternoon kick-off.

“I spoke to Pavel today and he assured me there was no way he could help the team in his current condition,” revealed Coach Fabio Capello.

“I have a choice between Olivier Kapo and Ruben Olivera for that position, while we are also boosted by the return from injury of Alessandro Del Piero.”

Uruguayan Olivera is the favourite to take over that wide left midfield role, while captain Del Piero should start alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

There could be another change in the centre, where Manuele Blasi and Alessio Tacchinardi bid to partner former Roma star Emerson.

Gianluca Zambrotta has only missed out on one Serie A game this season, the 3-0 win over Chievo, but insists he is not running out of steam.

“It did me good to sit out that tie and the international friendly against Finland,” revealed the Italy fullback. “I had a rest and am on form, just like the whole Juve squad. We threw away two points at Inter, but watched the videotape back and have learned from our mistakes.”

Zambrotta was not among the 50 players nominated for the Balon d’Or despite his remarkable consistency in Serie A and the Champions’ League, but he is happy just to fight for team trophies.

“This is without doubt the strongest Juventus side I have played in, and certainly the most complete when you look at the alternatives in every position. It’s a challenge between this line-up and the one I first arrived in with Pippo Inzaghi, Del Piero and Zinedine Zidane.”

Juventus squad:

Gk: 1 Buffon, 12 Chimenti, 22 Bonnefoi

D: 2 Ferrara, 4 Montero, 7 Pessotto, 15 Birindelli, 19 Zambrotta, 21 Thuram, 27 Zebina, 28 Cannavaro

M: 3 Tacchinardi, 8 Emerson, 16 Camoranesi, 18 Appiah, 20 Blasi, 23 Kapo, 24 Olivera

F: 9 Ibrahimovic, 10 Del Piero, 25 Zalayeta

channel4

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
So far we have plyed much better than I expected. Great dribbling form Pandev leading to our goal. Camoranesi is causing us all kinds of trouble and his cross led to the equaliser. Cesar is virtually invisible though and we tired too quickly.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
So we lost 2-1. I expect Caso to get the sack before the rooster crows.

Very disappointing once again. We did well to get the lead, but only started playing again when we were 2-1 down. Exactly like the Milan game. We were denied a penalty a few minutes before the end...Buffon clearly got Inzaghino's feet instead of the ball. But hey, it's Juve, and with all his dives Inzaghi gets different treatment. Quite rightly, too, he once again made a truly embarrassing one on another situation...

Only positive note was Pandev who had a great match.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We did not play well, Juve was the better team but still the ref saw the need to help them. Ibrahimovic (or was it someone else, I am not too sure) elbowed our player in the first half - nothing, not even a yellow card. Then Ibrahimovic stepped on Siviglia's back while he was on lying on the ground - not even a yellow card again. And the clear penalty we should have had in the end was the icing on the cake.
We played well only for about twenty minutes in the beginning then we fell back, got tired and Juve stepped up a gear. Cesar was absolutely worthless today, I hope he is sold ASAP. I don't who is to blame for our appalling fitness level but that's one of the main reasons we are struggling this season. I don' think changing Caso will change that much the course of our season in a positive direction.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Half of Pandev's owned by Inter actually.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Fist goal was nothing shot of class and generally I thought he played like an inform Shevchenko throughout the game. The difference is that Shevchenko has better players around him so you notice it when he passes the ball back or does something a normal striker wouldn't.

·
Registered
59,776 Posts
Great goal by Pandev :eekani: :star:

Yup, that was indeed a crystal clear penalty not awarded to Lazio. But what did you expect ? A ref awarding a penalty against Juve :ass: at home with less that 10 minutes to go ? :D Maybe Collina would've given it but other than him, Nah.

Cesar played like shit, hopefully Mancini watched this game.

Zlatan is an :ass: and he should get a ban for stepping on Siviglia's back. That's a straight red card in anyone's book, and guess what ? Zlatan scored the winning goal ! :rollani:

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Zlatan is an and he should get a ban for stepping on Siviglia's back. That's a straght red card in anyone's book, and guess what ? Zlatan scored the winning goal!
bla bla bla ...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts