Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUVENTUS - lazio

well our next game is againts lazio at home......... it should be easy win for us, i say 3-0.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
The fixtures are kind on you guys having to play a Lazio side poor on form right now. Peruzzi will be suspended for the match against his ex-employers, but as they always say in Italy: beware of the curse of the old boys ;)

Forza Di Canio!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Juventus!!! vs Lazio!

We have come away from a draw that we should have won (given that only ten minutes of the game was left). Hopefully, it's a lesson that the defence have learn't - that is - never fall asleep. That's precisley the lesson needed just before facing an enemy that always do well against us. That enemy isn't having it's best time - but we can't afford to underestimate them.

Good news for us in that:

Alex available for Lazio

Juventus are hopeful that Alessandro Del Piero will be available for the Lazio clash on Sunday.

The captain missed the 2-2 draw at the weekend against Inter because of injury but he’s close to a return.

Del Piero is still training on his own but it seems certain that he will be at least a substitute in Week 14.

The No 10 is currently following a strict rehabilitation programme, working closely with the club’s medical staff.

Del Piero’s making good progress and he is set to resume full training with his teammates later this week.

Boss Fabio Capello should therefore have the international at his disposal for the club’s next game.

However, the tactician is likely to start the match against the capital outfit with Marcelo Zalayeta and Zlatan Ibrahimovic in attack.

Channel 4

and:

Del Piero Set For Return
11/30/2004 11:30:00 AM
Juventus striker Alessandro Del Piero could be set for a return to action against Lazio this weekend.
The Italian star is expected to resume full training with his team-mates this week, and may take his place on the bench against the Biacocelesti.

Marcelo Zalayeta and Zlatan Ibrahimovic should continue in attack.

Goal.com

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Just realised that there is already another Juve - Lazio thread (embarassed) :eek: . Well seeing as the mod's here haven't got much to do, this is a job for you guys to merge the two threads together.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
easy match, 2-0 win for us and Zlatan/ Del Piero(if he plays) will score.

and i hope milan manages to crumble and loses the whole 3 pts.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
its not easy at all...we never play great games against Lazio and they have surprised us many times in the past. i think juve should not underestimate lazio.

·
Registered
17,529 Posts
If we have one genuine bogey team, it's Lazio. Our record against them speaks for itself, i am not taking anything for granted...

This may be the poorest Lazio side in recent memory, but we have to field our strongest line-up and make sure we get the job done.
I am still mega cheesed off at the two points we dropped at the San Siro, there's no margin for error against Lazio.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Lazio surely are a team we have difficulties with, but if we don't get the 3 points for this game I will be utterly, utterly dissapointed.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I too, like most Juventini will be mighty disappointed if we don't come away with three points at home to a piss poor Lazio side - but surprised? I will not be.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Easy Lazio match? Is it someting new?... Lazio are the first team in Italy to spoil our mood, so we shall play cautiously... but not withou courage!:)
FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
yeahh, what Cug said.
I hate it when we have to play against lazio as they can spoil my good mood, even if they're not in top form.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
xtc said:
yeahh, what Cug said.
I hate it when we have to play against lazio as they can spoil my good mood, even if they're not in top form.
But Cappello love to play against them :)
Interesting custom title, xtc :)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Andy1 said:
Interesting custom title, xtc :)
Yer sure to get the point ? ;) Hardly, unless you come from East Europe.

thanx to both of you. but the more interessting thing than my trivial nickname and an ugly avatar are my interests, heh ;) while location is one pretty unclear variable, uh.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Week 14 - 5/12/04 (15.00)
Juventus - Lazio

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mimmo Caso’s job is on the line and Juventus need to get back on track after their slip at the San Siro. There certainly isn’t a lack of motivation in this fixture.

The Bianconeri saw their lead cut to just four points after throwing away a 2-0 lead in the closing stages of the Derby d’Italia last week and cracks are beginning to show in this fortress. That was only the second time this season they have conceded more than one goal and even the return of Jonathan Zebina didn’t reinforce an already stunning back line.

Alessandro Del Piero is battling to recover from a muscular problem and is likely to start from the bench in favour of Marcelo Zalayeta and Zlatan Ibrahimovic – both on target against Inter. It will also be an intriguing tie for ex-Roma boss Fabio Capello against a side he repeatedly conquered in the Derby della Capitale and for former Biancocelesti star Pavel Nedved.

Caso has been under a lot of pressure recently with Lazio’s poor run of results in Serie A, the UEFA Cup and Coppa Italia. Following their 3-2 home defeat to Cagliari, President Claudio Lotito confirmed he was considering the tactician’s future.

Angelo Peruzzi won’t be able to face his old club after a red card in Sunday’s defeat, so Matteo Sereni returns between the posts. Paolo Di Canio and Ousmane Dabo are back after their bans expired, but it’s likely we’ll see Simone Inzaghi supported by a trident consisting of Antonio Filippini, Goran Pandev and Juve transfer target Cesar. So far this season Juventus have made short work of the smaller sides but struggled against the more prestigious outfits, so will they slip up again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Nedved; Ibrahimovic, Zalayeta

Lazio (probable): Sereni; Oddo, Talamonti, Couto, Lopez; Dabo, Liverani; A Filippini, Pandev, Cesar; Inzaghi

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Juventus (probable): Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Nedved; Ibrahimovic, Zalayeta
i think that DP may come back ..

1 - 20 of 73 Posts