1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY !!! :rollani:

Juventus doctor convicted in doping case
11/26/2004

ROME (AP) - A judge has convicted a Juventus club doctor for administering banned substances to the soccer team's players during the 1990s, while acquitting the club's chairman, the team said.

Turin Judge Giuseppe Casalbore handed down a jail term on Friday of a year and 10 months to club physician Riccardo Agricola, while acquitting chairman Antonio Giraudo, the Turin-based club's press office said.

Prosecutors had alleged that Juventus players were regularly supplied with drugs, including the banned hormone EPO, during four seasons between 1994 and 1998. They had requested prison terms of three years and two months for Agricola and two years and one month for Giraudo.

The defendants had denied any wrongdoing. Defence lawyers had sought the acquittal of both defendants, arguing there was no evidence that players were given banned substances.

The trial involves one of Italy's most successful and popular soccer clubs. Between 1994 and 1998, the Turin team won three Italian league titles, one Champions League title and the Intercontinental Cup.

The decision comes six years after allegations by then-AS Roma coach Zdenek Zeman triggered judicial inquiries.

Zinedine Zidane, Roberto Baggio and Alessandro Del Piero are among the current and former players at the club who have given evidence at the trial.

:ass: JUVE !! and FORZA TO ZEMAN !! :kiss:

===========================

Juventus club doctor found guilty in doping case

MILAN, Nov 26 (Reuters) - Juventus club doctor Riccardo Agricola was found guilty of sporting fraud and given a 22-month prison sentence on Friday after a trial over alleged doping.

Club chief executive Antonio Giraudo was found not guilty. Agricola was also ordered to pay a 2,000 euro ($2,608) fine.
Turin public prosecutor Raffaele Guariniello began investigating allegations against 27-times Italian champions Juventus, in 1998.

The trial looked at Juve's medical practices between 1994 and 1998, a period when they won three Italian titles and also the 1996 European Cup.

http://www.tgcom.it/sport/articoli/articolo231296.shtml

====================================

OH yesss ..... But is there any chance that Juve will get more punishment. After all, just punishing the doctors' not justice at all. I want more !! :kiss:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I will be able to rest in peace only when the whole Juve squad since 90's is sent to jail and the club is shut down for good. :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
If they Investigate seriously into Juve it would give La vecchia Strega un colpa di cuore. :howler:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
hmmm perhaps they still have another bad issue about serie a refree :D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One down, others to go ...... :thmbup:

Doctor Down :thmbdown: & Referees Turn Now :thmbup:

Juve :finger:

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
If Milan were punished with relegation for match fixing then the old b!tch should also be relegated for buying referees & doping. :finger: ;)

·
Registered
638 Posts
we will be doping inters ass on the sunady night, we are gona trash so bad that are gona wish you were on the drugs so you don't feel pain of defeat......... and for all milan fans pray to the god that sheva does not get injuried, because if he gets injuried you will be fighting for realagation with inter.......

FORZA JUVE!!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Juve react to doping verdict Friday 26 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are not entirely unhappy with the result of the doping trial that found the club medical staff guilty of using banned drugs such as EPO.

“I was used as a guinea pig in what was essentially an experiment in law and a test case,” stated Doctor Riccardo Agricola, who was given a suspended 22-month prison sentence.

“Nonetheless, I am relaxed because I know that I am innocent. The players know that nothing serious happened and everything that goes on at Juventus is perfectly legal.”

Agricola was found guilty of sporting fraud and the prescription of drugs that could be harmful to their health, but the club – in the form of director Antonio Giraudo – was cleared of all wrongdoing.

“I was cleared and therefore Juventus was declared innocent,” said Giraudo. “This is a very important point, as the club has never gone against the rules of this sport.”

The general view is that the six-year trial was “an away draw,” as Juve’s lawyer Luigi Chiappero put it. Giraudo’s sentence is a key one, as the club cannot be held responsible for the actions of the medical staff, while there will be an appeal that could well overturn Agricola’s punishment due to the lack of solid proof.

“We are satisfied with the innocence of Giraudo,” added Bianconeri representative Paolo Trofino. “The one raw point is Agricola’s penalty, even if it’s unlikely the Court of Appeal will uphold it. We will prove that Agricola did not commit any crime and the only thing he was charged with was the prescription of EPO – for which there was very little evidence.”

The FIGC and CONI sporting bodies are biding their time and released statements explaining they would wait until the Turin Court explains the reasoning behind its decision before taking any action.

channel4

===============

Giraudo cleared Friday 26 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve’s Managing Director, Antonio Giraudo, has been cleared of all charges concerning the alleged doping scandal surrounding Juventus.

This was the verdict given today by Judge Giuseppe Casalbore after four hours of deliberation.

Doctor Agricola, meanwhile, received a one year and ten month sentence in prison as well as a €2000 fine.

The prosecution were asking for three years and one month for Agricola and two years and one month for Giraudo.

channel4

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fondy said:
we will be doping inters ass on the sunady night, we are gona trash so bad that are gona wish you were on the drugs so you don't feel pain of defeat.........
FORZA JUVE!!
:eekani: :dazed:

So sad ..... :sigh:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Fondy said:
we will be doping inters ass on the sunady night, we are gona trash so bad that are gona wish you were on the drugs so you don't feel pain of defeat......... and for all milan fans pray to the god that sheva does not get injuried, because if he gets injuried you will be fighting for realagation with inter.......

FORZA JUVE!!
Bwahahaha that's so funny,And if Juve were really to get punished they simply wouldn't be in existance anymore with what they've gotten away with.Imagine Juve without the Drugs?

·
Registered
59,902 Posts
Fondy said:

FORZA JUVE!!
Meh...

Doesn't matter if we lose really, most probably because half of your team is doped..ooops, i've said it again ! :mute: :eek:

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Ajax might even press charges agains Juva for that Champion Leagues final that they've lost. They are thinking about bringing that trophy back :howler:

·
Registered
59,902 Posts
peninsula said:
Ajax might even press charges agains Juva for that Champion Leagues final that they've lost. They are thinking about bringing that trophy back :howler:
That would be fukin hilarious ! :D

Come on Ajax !

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
peninsula said:
hahaha

best joke i've heard :D :finger:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Egyptian_Juventino said:
hahaha

Rubentus also robbed 3 titles during 94-98,I hope the 2nd place teams sue for damages. :D
VERGOGNA D'ITALIA=JUVENTUS

·
Registered
59,902 Posts
Egyptian_Juventino said:
hahaha

I can't find the funny part in it to be brutally honest.

Dopentus players were all doped up and that gave them an unfair advantage over their opponents. Ajax should get their trophy back if there's any justice or respect remaining in this world. :stuckup:

Even if Ajax don't get the Cup, Juve will still be regarded by the whole world as CHEATS. Well, we knew that for a while no ? :eek:

·
Registered
59,902 Posts
ROMA 10 said:
VERGOGNA D'ITALIA=JUVENTUS
Tell us something that we don't already know. :D

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Ajax should get their trophy back if there's any justice or respect remaining in this world.
coming from a PERDENTI fan,, excpected :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts