Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Result of the chants against Balotelli - and I suppose Zlatan.

I have no problems with it. Of course it is 'annoying' for the majority who behave civilized, and obviously it only happens because it was a high profile game. Its also hard to think the Italian football authorities consistent, but these chants have no place, least of all in our stadium.

Hit the morons where it hurts. Hit the club where it hurts in order to pressure it to make better efforts to curb the morons. Its the only way.

·
Registered
17,535 Posts
Agreed, no qualms here. Let's do our best to ensure this doesn't become a recurring problem.

Dipsticks.

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Indeed, nip this shit in the butt, its time they treat it as a problem all over, instead of an inconvenience they only deal with when it gets too many headlines. I hope its a new approach and not just the typical inconistent way of just dealing with high profile cases. Unfortunately pretty sure its the latter.

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Ultras to Balotelli: "We're not racist" Tuesday 21 April, 2009

The Juventus ultras group Drughi have released a statement explaining why their insults towards Mario Balotelli “were not racism and we won’t apologise.”

The club has been hit by a one-match ban behind closed doors after supporters in the Curva Filadelfia repeatedly hurled racist insults at Inter striker Balotelli during Saturday’s 1-1 draw.

Juve released a statement apologising for this behaviour, but now the Drughi Ultras have issued their own Press release.

“We will not apologise to Balotelli, because the chants against him were a response to his provocation and general attitude on the pitch and not with regards to his origins,” announced the Drughi-Juventus Club Curva Filadelfia.

“This is evident by the fact that his teammates Patrick Vieira and Sulley Muntari were not even jeered at all.

“For years now in almost every stadium Juve are greeted by chants of ‘Liverpool, Liverpool’, while the names of (deceased former players) Gaetano Scirea, Riccardo Neri, Alessio Ferramosca and Daniele Fortunato have been used and abused in every conceivable way, yet the media was never indignant about that.

“Racism is nothing to do with this and it was only a way, albeit debatable, to make our opponent lose his concentration,” insisted the Drughi group of fans.

“We would like to point out in our squad is an ‘ebony icon’ Momo Sissoko, who we hold in our hearts and are proud that he wears our shirt.

“This is why we do not feel the need to apologise. Juve-Lecce will be played behind closed doors because it had already been decided.

“Instead of a lesson in efficiency and because you cannot warn an entire stadium, the authorities opted for the radical solution.”

channel 4

--------------

Its not debateable. Man they are idiots, however they explain it, going there is idotic, fullstop. How about find another way to express your dislike for this snotty kid? (ways to call him merda without inserting negro this or that into it) Its even more idiotic to resort to racial abuse when you arent a retarded bigot.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I am by no means a Juve fan. But reading about those 3 players that died (2 of them kids and one in his mid-30s. sorry could not find any info on Daniele Fortunato) is just sad. Any fan that would support and bing up the death of another person that did nothing wrong to them should have his balls cut off.
It makes me sick!!!

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Andrea Fortunato was a promising player who died of leucemia in his early 20's about some 15 years ago.

People attending games at the stadium are hardly ever rocket scientists while sometimes they're scum. Tell me something new.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
“We would like to point out in our squad is an ‘ebony icon’ Momo Sissoko, who we hold in our hearts and are proud that he wears our shirt.
Sorry, but that part there was funny... our "ebony icon."

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Seedorf said similar thing about this case, and now Mourinho and Lippi too it seems:

ANSA) - Milan, April 22 - Inter Milan boss Jose' Mourinho on Wednesday took Juventus's side over the Turin club's claim it had been singled out for punishment after racist chants against Inter striker Mario Balotelli.

Mourinho said similar chants had been heard ''in many stadiums, including our own''.

In Balotelli's case, he said the Juve fans ''weren't displaying racism but an ignorant form of protest against someone who's just scored against you''. ''Italy isn't a racist country and Italian soccer isn't either''.

Juve are appealing a one-match stadium ban that will mean it plays its next home game, against Lecce on May 3, behind closed doors.

The club argues the measure will unfairly disrupt its Serie A run-in where it is fighting to keep second place.

Inter are ten points clear of Milan and Juve after Saturday's 1-1 draw in Turin, where Balotelli, a Ghanaian Italian, scored the opener.

Lippi takes Juventus' side

Italy boss Marcello Lippi believes Inter hitman Mario Balotelli wasn't the victim of racist abuse from the Juventus fans.

The Bianconeri have been ordered to play their May 3 game against Lecce behind closed doors after fans jeered and chanted at Balotelli.

But Juventus' Ultras have claimed that their insults weren't racially motivated and Lippi agrees.

“In my opinion the problem is far less serious than it has been reported to be,” Lippi said on Sky Sport Italia.

“If it was a racist incident then the fans would have chanted at Sulley Muntari and Patrick Vieira. Turin has never been a racist city.

“I think it was just ignorance and people were looking to offend Mario not related to the colour of his skin.”

Juve are waiting for the result of an appeal against the fan ban.

channel 4

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Seedorf said similar thing about this case, and now Mourinho and Lippi too it seems:

it's hard to defend that the actions were not racially motivated when what was reported were monkey noises. i would've preferred if some streaker ran onto the field and drop-kicked balotelli but to make those racial noises to me, is unacceptable - no matter how much of a piece of garbage balotelli is.

i thought tiago had the right idea by trying to take him out - it's just too bad he wasn't successful.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,012 Posts
Apparently these are the only insults nobody can ever use although they are free to insult with everything else be it tragedies like mass deaths at stadiums or players dying from leukemia.

I'm usually not on Juve's side but Mourinho and Lippi are right about this, it's not racially motivated but simply stupid and stadium ban is too harsh IMO.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
what's unfair is that you can hear those monkey noises in a good chunk of the stadiums every matchday yet they never go punished. i've heard them personally in rome & bergamo (on countless occasions) napoli & milano to name a few.

what's puzzling is that if it is racism this bandaid solution is supposed to deter why weren't the olimpico faithful punished for the 30,000 singing "zlatan sei uno zin........" every time he visits torino? or is that not considered racist?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I don't understand what is so offensive about monkey noises.
it's about as insulting as the morons throwing banana peels at black players. there is no place for it because of it's racial connotation.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You only say that because you're not a monkey.
You'd be surprised. :drunk:

CdM:

I understand the implied connotations of racism, but isn't it a slippery slope? Are we going to find references to fried chicken and watermelons racist? (Might be a more American thing) Or are we going to start fining people who make clicking noises with their mouths?

This kind of idiocy can be continued in a myriad of subtler ways if you ban the more explicit expressions.

Stadiums are the kind of equal-opportunity platform where even stupidity has a voice in the name of liberty.

You cannot change that unless you are willing to change the very nature of stadiums or the fan mentality itself.

For now I think the solution is for players to learn to deal with this type of response in a healthy way, as a reflection of the intellectual inadequacy present in parts of a free society.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
it's hard to defend that the actions were not racially motivated when what was reported were monkey noises. i would've preferred if some streaker ran onto the field and drop-kicked balotelli but to make those racial noises to me, is unacceptable - no matter how much of a piece of garbage balotelli is.

i thought tiago had the right idea by trying to take him out - it's just too bad he wasn't successful.
:dielaugh: Great post.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts