Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Alex

Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi and vice-president Roberto Bettega announced on Thursday there will be Marcello Lippi on the club's bench in the next championship as well, even in case the season should end again with Turin's side at empty hands.

More, Bettega explained there is the will to give not Lippi just a second chance, but to offer him a deal for at least two years yet.

Moggi commented also the voices appeared on papersabout a swap with FC Barcelona between captain Alessandro Del Piero and Dutch forward Patrick Kluivert

"Just rumours, the real problem is to understand why some people enjoy to let false news go around" Juventus manager said.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Vialli shadow cast on Lippi Thursday 4 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluca Vialli has become the latest candidate to take over from Marcello Lippi should Juventus decide to sack their Coach.

Lippi¡¦s position is by no means safe despite Vice-president Roberto Bettega and director Luciano Moggi assuring that the boss would remain for next season.

Speculation of Lippi¡¦s departure has increased in recent weeks after Juventus were dumped out of the Champions¡¦ League and then seemingly missed the boat for the final Scudetto push.

Vialli is currently in England with Division One outfit Watford after learning his trade successfully at Chelsea in the Premiership before being sacked two years ago.

The former Juve striker is still well regarded in Turin and fans called for his appointment last term after growing increasingly frustrated with the disliked Carlo Ancelotti.

But should Lippi not remain with the Old Lady next season, Vialli will face stiff opposition for the post.

Reggina¡¦s Franco Colomba, Vincenzo Guidolin of Bologna and Chievo¡¦s Luigi Del Neri have all been touted as contenders for the Juve hot-seat.

channel4

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I am totally against Lippi being sacked. He must be given another chance. And if Juve board are desperate to change coach, then bring Capello, Hitzfield of Cuper. Another coach is not needed.
Whatever, I am still confident that Lippi will bring us back to that sweet times when we kicked everyone's ass both in SerieA and European Cups.
Come on, Lippi, you must do it , cause you can do it.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Also I support the candidate of Terim. This coach rules.

de1_pier0 comparing Lippi with Lotti you can probably say that Lippi is progressing, though Coppa is not won yet. And even if we win it, it can be acceptable only for a season.

And as always, I still trust in us winning lo scudetto.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Like I said elsewhere already...

Constantly sacking coachs whose team fail to be an immediate succes, is SLAUGHTERING Italian football. Coachs in Serie A are being pressurized like hell, like there's nowhere else to be seen.

They lose any guts, they piss their pants off thinking they might get fired by unpatient presidents and shareholders, because of a negative streak of results. They have no time to prove their worth whatsoever and are not free to apply the tactical scheme and coaching decisions they have on mind. Instead of taking risks, they go for lacklustre secure choices so that if it fails, the guilt is shared.

I'm positive things would be better for everyone if we only let coachs go to the very end of their ideas, or in other words, if we let them work without striking balance-sheets after every dissapointment.

If Lippi is sacked, we'll once again have to build new foundations instead of working on the floors and that would result in one huge waste of time without us having any warranties whatsoever about the result. Let's opt for continuity.

Lippi is a good coach, despite all his tactical mistakes, and that would be an unforgiving mistake to part company of him after only one season whereas he had to deal with a team in deep mutation.

Keep Lippi. :cool:

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Stepha, I absolutely agree with you.
Lippi must stay, he is definately a great coach, and he needs some time and more players to build superb team. And he will do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts