Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With our recent abysmal performance, it appears some of us have lost our enthusiasm....but, hey, the season is not over yet. I still think we are more than capable of retaining our Serie A crown and becoming the kings of Europe ( allright, I'm still dreaming )

We have to bounce back and tomorrow we face Chievo....always an entertaining game and hopefully it will be tomorrow.

Only two Serie A matches have been played at the 'Delle Alpi' of Turin between Juventus and Chievo, thus making this encounter a relatively new one.

In the two previous encounters, Juve won on both occasions thanks to a 3-2 win in September of 2001, after Chievo had taken a 2-0 lead after just a few minutes. The last match was played on the 24th of May 2003, with a spectacular 4-3 in favour of the biancoNeri.

In 1994/95, the two clubs had met in the Coppa Italia, which ended 0-0.

Following their away draw to Empoli last Sunday, Juventus need a win to keep in touch with Milan and Roma, as they now trail the rossoneri by 5 points. The 21 goals in 18 matches suffered during this season is a cause for concern and the bianconeri defenders will have to show that there is no crisis in the defensive department.

Chievo might not be doing as well as previous years, however they are still in the mid-table and comfortably away from the relegation zone. Del Neri has stated that his team will go to Turin to win and not defend to obtain just a point. This tactic in the past has led him to obtain important results against other big teams such as Milan and Inter.

TEAM NEWS:

Juventus - Birindelli is Lippi's only unavailable player as Legrottaglie returns back to the first team to help the ailing defence. Appiah is back in the starting eleven after Conte had succesfully taken his place.

Chievo - Del Neri will have to play without influential midfielder Perrotta who is suspended for this match. Other than that, Chievo will play with their full team.

PROBABLE FORMATIONS:

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Buffon; Thuram, Legrottaglie, Montero, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Appiah; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

Chievo (4-4-2): Marchegiani; Moro, Barzagli, D'Anna, Lanna; Luciano, Morrone, Baronio, Santana; Cossato, Sculli

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

Trezeguet (Juventus): The contract renewal gave him an extra boost last Sunday as he scored a hat-trick. Will he be able to keep up the excellent goal average?

Sculli (Chievo): The young attacker is on loan from Juve and will be trying to impress his club to take him to Turin by giving a good performance after last Sunday's first Chievo goal of the season.

I am confident of a victory, with goals from Trez and Del Piero.

FORZA LA VECCHIA SIGNORA!!!!!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
4-1 Juventus

Del piero x2
Trezeguet
Miccoli

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
hmm, birindelli the only one not available and i dont see maresca's name in the line up. not happy with that at all!

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Maresca is probably not match fit. He had a prolem with his right calf last week and I believe he has only just returned to training.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes I too heard that he will not playing due to injury. Juve have had an unconvincing run till now. But with this game, everything will change. Juve are gonna kick some ass - and its now Milan and Roma's turn to have thier poor run of form.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Hopefully the Chievo game gives us reasons to cheer up a bit. Also, make sure to keep an eye on Chievo's Santana, a possible target for next summer.

Forza Juve! :cool:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well Roma just lost to Brescia, but to me it realy doesnt matter because we still have to take care of our own business. A win against Chievo is a must, and this blow to Roma makes the following fixture even more important, because if Roma lose points to us at the Olympico, there scudetto chance will be very much (???). I also feel that begining with the Chievo match Juve will have to start dominating, if we dont see a great display tomorrow I feel that the rest of this season will just be grindid out with a prayer of us pulling off any trophie. This is not what I want to see!

FORZA JUVE! vs. Chievo
and next week, I hope we can kick Roma while they are down!
:star: :star:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:
i dont think you guys will beat roma. youre not too good at beating top teams.
We went through our bad patch in December, seems like they are going through theirs now. The :star: :star: 's might be aligning for us to make our usual asult on the league!

FORZA JUVE!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Juventus-Chievo
Juventus: Buffon; Thuram, Legrottaglie, Montero, Zambrotta;
Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Appiah; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet. All: Lippi. A disposizione: Chimenti, Iuliano, Pessotto, Tudor, Conte, Miccoli, Di Vaio.
Chievo: Marchegiani; Moro, D'Anna, Barzagli, Lanna; Luciano, Zanchetta, Baronio, Santana; Cossato, Sculli. All: Del Neri. A disposizione: Frezzolini, Sala, Malagò, Semioli, Morrone, Pellissier, Amauri.
Arbitro: De Santis di Tivoli.

God damn go phuck!:mad: :fero: Why keeps he refusing to line Miccoli????Surely he's better than DP at the moment,if not longer!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts