Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess I had to start the thread(even though im anti-juve majorly being a Milanista and even MORE so this week!) since no one else has.

Anyway I just like to say good-luck(yeah right:D :tongue: ) not really, I doubt you have much luck with Il Divin Codino back now.

I really do in a way feel sorry for you I think he might just score a hat-trick I said last week that I hoped he scored a hat-trick againts the Viola he almost did but this week he will be even more inspired againts Juve and most of all Lippi. You know what I mean ;). Don't think of it as a loss on the weekend but a gain. Juve might not win the Scudetto but Baggio will be in the Azzurri and we will win the World Cup FINALLY!

Anyway I think 'The Force' will be strong with Baggio, im sure the ultimate Jedi will defeat the Evil Empire. :D Cheers.

FORZA BAGGIO!!!!!!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Yeah yeah... :tongue:

Instead of a demotivated, pathetic, relegated away from home Viola defence- Baggio will be up against a higly motivated, at home, in form Juve defence.
There's a rather big difference. I'm much more nervous about Toni than Baggio to be honest.

Baggio did shoot our scudetto dream down last year when he converted Brescia's only chance brilliantly, so we all know he's got the ability.

Overall- I just think we're a much stronger team than Brescia and the resounding reverse game win speaks for that too.

Ciao.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm much more nervous about Toni than Baggio to be honest.
Come on man, the guys a poof! He's 8' something and falls over everytime he gets touched! He would be a lot dangerous if he used his height advantage! Baggio will be out to prove his worth no doubt. He's scored goals in a Juve shirt and also against us with Fiorentina, Bologna and Brescia! This is a must win match and I hope Trez goes top of the charts and Ale also extends his tally. Last few matches our footie has been UGLY, eh yo but were 2nd n' all:) Lets do this Juve!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
A.Del: Make no mistake about it- I'm obviously not saying that Toni is a better footballplayer, but he is often more difficult to handle.

Against Fiorentina- obviously Baggio received heaps of praise, but all of Brescia's 3 goals had Toni all over them. Baggio's second would even have been a Toni goal if Baggio hadn't stabbed it home. Toni was the man of that match- not Baggio- even if scoring 2 goals under the circumstances of a comeback is still magnificent.

Toni's height and physical strenght simply creates problems for every team, and for us especially so as our "expert" Tudor is not there to deal with him. Then I don't disagree with you that Toni can appear clumsy, but so is Jan Koller, and it's difficult preventing him from making an impact too.

I think the importance of these matchups was once again shown last week when Inter without Materazzi got a WHIPPING in the air by Corradi. When superior sides play the minnows those half chances resulting from a touch down by a "big man" becomes the most dangerous in my opinion.

One cannot do much when Baggio does what he did last year- a simply sublime piece of skill, but you can largely prevent Baggio from getting the ball thorugh dominating midfield and good organisation in defence. Juventus defensive organisation isn't good, it's absolutely awesome, but the highballs into the area onto a tower like Toni are difficult to completely defend yourself against.

Ciao.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Baggio is a great player, it is doubtless, but he was very lucky to score that two goals in the last match. Especially the second one wasn't that difficult to score, even Baggio's grandma could do that:)
Indeed, I am interested in the way Brescia plays, we must beat them, and that's it.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
That b**tard Mazzone will do everything to prevent us from winning this game. My guess is it will be a tight, tense affair. Not sure who's available for this game with regards to Montero and Tudor. Hopefully, one or both will play some part. Petruzzi will serve a 1 match suspension and Bonera is a doubt for Brescia.

We should pay Baggio respect, but we shouldn't fear him. Let's not forget also the other 10 players for Brescia. We have a stronger team and must show it. I'm expecting Inter to beat Piacenza, I don't think they'll screw that game (though I would be very happy if thay did:) )we need the points to keep up the pressure.

·
Registered
881 Posts
;) Get ur point Glen! He does prove to be an awkward player to handle, just like a giant version of Pippo. Ur right about how deadly a knock down from a big man can be. For a big man he does dive a lot though, just looks funny! I can picture Inzaghi being pushed over by the wind but Toni :D. He'll get rushed in the Uk for his girlie antics! Tare is a lot better but hopefully he wont play. I havnt seen him score with a header but hes the ideal partner to provide the bullets 4 Baggio. At this stage of the season individual brilliance so far hasnt come in to play! So anything can happen(look at Inter they're feeling it!) at the end of the day its 11 vs 11 ! Its so tense no one wants to slip up!Every move, pass desicion will be scrutinised at this stage but I pray that our team plays with heart.
:cool:
EZ:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
toni is dangerous because of his height, and without tudor, we will have to be extra careful. Toni also went to 'Inzaghi's diving lessons' classes, so we must be careful there as well, as last time i saw him play, it looks like he got high grades from his lessons ;)

If Baggio if Luke Skywalker (return of the jedi part of topic), does that mean that to defeat him, we have to play Thuram, Darth Vador :D :D :D on him. i know, it was kind of racist, which i never like, but that one was funny i thought.

i predict a 3-1 victory, trez two goals, del piero one and of course the great man robby one.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Beware of Toni, cause he's a big man, that's true.. but, why should you fear Robi, he ain't nothing but the past????
:D
So, get a grip, man... it's about win or nothing.. :eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Grande Baggio do Brescia and Inter a favour on Sunday, please:angel:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Week 33 - 28/4/02
Juventus – Brescia

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus were all but cut out of the title chase this time last month, but on current form Marcello Lippi’s men are the favourites to snatch this Scudetto. However, Roberto Baggio could yet spoil the party for his former club and Coach.

The Divine Ponytail is not yet match fit, but as his stunning return last week showed, he needs only 20 minutes to make his mark. Lippi was the manager most criticised by Baggio in his recent autobiography and this season he has already exhibited a habit of scoring against his former clubs.

Revenge is by no means his only motivation, as Brescia desperately need points in order to avoid the drop into Serie B. The defence will need to be reshuffled due to the suspension of Fabio Petruzzi and possible injury for Daniele Bonera. Stankevicius may be introduced to the Brescia back four.

Juventus will miss the influential Antonio Conte in midfield due to a one-match ban, so Alessio Tacchinardi partners Edgar Davids in the centre. The side struggled to get the better of Piacenza last Sunday, relying on a late Pavel Nedved strike. The fans will be hoping for another piece of magic from the on-form Czech.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Iuliano, Paramatti; Zambrotta, Tacchinardi, Davids; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

Brescia: Castellazzi; Stankevicius, Calori, Mangone, Sussi; Binotto, Yllana, Guardiola, Bachini; Giunti; Toni

·
Registered
355 Posts
Italian League: a view on upcoming round
LONDON, April 26 (DS)
By Stewart Coggin

Of the three title contenders, it is Roma who have the toughest task as they entertain Chievo Verona at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

Last weekend they squandered the chance to go level on points with Inter at the top after drawing 0-0 with Milan. A draw at the San Siro against the Rossoneri would usually be considered a good result, but Fabio Capello's side really needed all three points last weekend. How close they came to getting them, too. Had Vincenzo Montella converted a good chance from close-range right at the death, we may be looking at the new Scudetto favourites.

After last season's heroics, the Giallorossi have failed to hit the heights. Away from home they haven't looked the side that won an impressive ten games on the way to the Serie A title last season, while as a creative force, they tend to look clueless without the excellent Francesco Totti. Gabriel Batistuta is having his worst Serie A season on record, Marco Delvecchio is in the most wretched goalscoring form of his career, and young Antonio Cassano has not been a regular starter and will most likely be shipped out on loan next season.

Inter Milan will be looking to recover from last week's disappointing 2-2 draw with Chievo when they entertain Piacenza at the San Siro. This week general manager Gabriele Oriali intensified the bitter war of words with Juventus when stating that his counterpart Luciano Moggi had lacked respect when criticising Nerazzurri chief Massimo Moratti. The Inter president had suggested that Ronaldo should have had a penalty against Chievo. Coming hot on the heels of his outburst the previous week where he insinuated that all was not as it should be in Serie A, Moggi suggested that Inter (read Moratti) should be ashamed about all their public griping.

Moggi's Juve also have a winnable looking game as they play host to Brescia. However, with the return of Roberto Baggio to his former ground, this clash is no longer the home banker it once appeared. The 'Divine Ponytail' returned with a bang last week after missing almost three months of the season when he netted twice in his side's 3-0 win over Fiorentina. It may have arrived too late for him to push his way into Giovanni Trapattoni's World Cup squad, but for Brescia it is a real boost as they need all the points they can get.

Of course, Juve's need is just as great. Last week they moved into second place after a superb Pavel Nedved strike gave them a 1-0 win over Piacenza. How galling it would be for the Old Lady if they were to finish second for a fourth time in as many years. However, with Inter facing a final day clash at Champions League chasers Lazio, the smart money may just be on Juve breaking their hoodoo.

Despite their healthy position, the season has not gone to plan. Defensively they haven't always looked sure of themselves, with Lillian Thuram failing to justify his ?24 million price-tag. The French international has by no means been a flop but the Bianconeri would nonetheless have been looking for more for their money. It's also well known that he is far from happy in his right-back position, and wants to revert to centre-back where he had so many good years with Parma.

Milan travel to Verona this weekend knowing that only a win will do if they are to keep alive their hopes of qualifying for the Champions League. It's well known that the Rossoneri aren't in a good financial state and, therefore, Champions League football is a must. Otherwise there's surely no way they'll be able to repeat last year's summer spending of over ?80 million. Looking back at that hefty sum, what exactly did they get for their money? Manuel Rui Costa has performed below all expectations, Javi Moreno hasn't been give a fair crack of the whip, Andrea Pirlo has been in and out of the side, while Cosmin Contra wants to return to Spain.

Elsewhere, Lazio must really avoid defeat in their clash with Bologna if they are to qualify for the Champions League, while Parma travel to Fiorentina.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
From the official site:

Today’s surprise is that Marcelo Salas has joined the team, for the first time since his knee operation last November, and so will be part of the expedition that will be playing Brescia tomorrow afternoon. Marcello Lippi said so during the press conference, adding that the player will start from the bench.

Salas tells us what he feels: “This is an important day for me, as I return to be part of the team and I missed it alot. It has been some time that I have been working with the team, playing small friendlies, feeling the fans support me, showing there desire to see me play. Well I was just waiting to start. On Sunday I hope to be atleast on the bench

Welcome back Marcello! :)

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
May I remind you of the rules FIFA President:

Be tasteful about your posts and replies. Remember NO violent, political, religious, racist or vile posts will be tolerated, neither will personal attacks of any nature. Such behavior has nothing to do with supporting a football team. Respect your fellow members and they will respect you

-Mikey

·
Registered
79 Posts
Theop:

4. Authority
Forum Managers are their to ensure the forums are staying within the community atmosphere and should be treated with respect.

If you can't dicuss anything other than football here, then don't bother. It'll just be edited.

-Mikey

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
First of all, it was sarcasm..

Second of all, he posted that because of the sickeness the rest of us Inter fans are by some of the Juventini here on Xtratime that daily is posting garbage at our forum. So he tried putting a funny and completely unrealistic point of it, by making that reply. Tasteless perhaps, but I thought that people that have followed the Inter forum, could see the sarcasm behind the post. ;)

He didn´t break any of those rules. The only rule he broke was the "No baiting" rule which only people that couldn´t see it was a joke out of pure anger of three of the Juventini around. He didn´t make any personal attacks so it was completely the wrong quotation. :D

But no big deal. Just hope that you Juve mods understand where Fifa prez was coming from here...

1 - 20 of 100 Posts