Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=81609

According to Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport, Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli is planning to approach Atletico Madrid with the aim of signing Argentine forward Sergio "El Kun" Aguero (22), who is worth 35-45 million Euros. Apparently, Juventus would bid less than 35 millions but include Tiago and Vincenzo Iaquinta in the deal.

Note : According to our sources and intuition, it will be quite a challenge for Juventus to sign Aguero, also considering the fact that the club will most probably fail to earn the chance to participate in next season's Champions League.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Atlético will not let Agüero go for anything less than his buy-out clause which is set at €45 million. There won't be any players involved to lower the price, it's just as simple as that, as if we haven't got enough worthless players as it is..and I'm talking about Iaquinta here, he's nothing short of a disaster.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Juventus sucks. They are not CL material. They are barely able to compete in their own Serie A division. TBH I think Juventus is at most, a wealthy, mid-tier team. I have no idea why people treat them like a top-tier, just because of past success. Aguero deserves only the best.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Juventus sucks. They are not CL material. They are barely able to compete in their own Serie A division. TBH I think Juventus is at most, a wealthy, mid-tier team. I have no idea why people treat them like a top-tier, just because of past success. Aguero deserves only the best.
They aren't wealthy. Have you seen their signings over the last 3 years? All skint, shit players and they lose every bidding war for a top player.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
:howler:

Juve do have money, otherwise they wouldn't have splashed out approx. €500 million since 08-09. They've just gone for quantity over quality.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
500m since 08-09? Surely having a laugh, what did they spend it on?

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
€210 million, my bad.

Bonucci €15 million
Krasić €15 million
Jorge Martínez €12 million
Diego €25 million
Felipe Melo €25 million
Amauri €22,8 million
Poulsen €9,75 million

Just to name a few players who's cost them a fortune.

They also bought guys like Tiago for €15 million previously, Iaquinta and Sissoko for €11 million. I mean, a lot of players with huge salaries who don't produce anything close to what they're being paid.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Yeah, that's a bit different than 500m, it's not even half. :pp

Those are some dreadful signings, what a waste of money.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Diego and Poulsen have been sold though...20 mil combined.
So you took a 15m hit on their signings... in for 35, out for 20.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Oh and Amauri fee: part of the fee was paid via player transfer (Antonio Nocerino, tagged for €7.5M[14] and the half of registration rights of Davide Lanzafame, tagged for €2.5M).[15] Additionally, Juve had sold Fabrizio Miccoli to Palermo for €4.3M in 3 installments in the last year.[

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Yeah, plenty of horrendous signings. Quantity over quality, unfortunately.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Yeah, plenty of horrendous signings. Quantity over quality, unfortunately.
Oh yeah, you used to be a Juventus fan and had them in your teams list. There was some others, too. Help me out here... Atletico, Juve, Goteborg or Malmo, I forget which one... think there was one more like Ajax or Red Star or something. How far off am I?

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
So you took a 15m hit on their signings... in for 35, out for 20.
Yes our management does suck since calciopoli. But well these signings, especially Diego were supposed to bring the money back long term...Poulsen was Ranieri request...Diego was supposed to take over Nedved position and was a promising player.

Anyway, if you calculate the Amauri deal via those other average players like Nocerino, then we only paid 9m for him. We got rid of some dead wood in the likes of Lanza, Miccoli. Also Amauri was actually in good form when he came here, 15 goals with Palermo at the time in one season (i know nothing special compared to the ronaldos and messis of this world, but he was in good form when he came to juve).

Although i def would have preferred younger striker.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Oh yeah, you used to be a Juventus fan and had them in your teams list. There was some others, too. Help me out here... Atletico, Juve, Goteborg or Malmo, I forget which one... think there was one more like Ajax or Red Star or something. How far off am I?
Like many kids in the 90's, I grew up watching "Uno X Due", a legendary show here in Sweden, I supported them a couple of years before Atlético actually, probably around 1994-1995 when I had just started playing football for a local club here in Motala and I still watch every single Juventus-game to this date. I enjoyed the year in Serie B more than I enjoy watching them now to be honest. The biggest frustration is the lack of good signings. As for that other club, it was only Crvena Zvezda, they're Serbian as you know :) All my clubs are in shambles; Juve can't come back after Calciopoli, Atlético are Atlético and Zvezda almost got bankrupt two years ago, signed 20 players each season and have started to give young players a chance now that Prosinečki have returned.

The whole thing with Atlético basically started because of Antić and Pantić, but also because they started showing Spanish football here in Sweden in 1995 or so, I fell in love with the team that won the Doblete..still love Toni to death and it continues.

I've never supported any Swedish club though, unless it's IFK Motala who're in the seventh division now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts