Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Paul Meadows
13:39, May 10, 2002

According to the Italian press, Italian champions Juventus are lining up a summer swoop for Ryan Giggs.

Mail The Man Utd Journo
Send This Article To A Friend

Reports in this morning Italian press claim that the Turin outfit are considering approaching United with a move for Giggs, offering long-term target Lilian Thuram in a straight swap. Considering that Giggs is a good three years younger than the French defender and worth considerably more, if this rumour is true it will certainly be rejected out of hand.

It never ceases to amaze me that none of the so-called European super-powers ever make any firm offers for any of our squad players. For example, they are happy to part with mega-bucks for the likes of Nicolas Anelka and such, yet they probably never even consider weighing up a bid for Ole Gunnar Solskajer, for example.

This is probably because they know no amount of money could persuade the majority of our 'top names' to leave Old Trafford, but you would have thought they would be banging down the door at OT begging for the services of the likes of Roy Keane, Solskjaer and Giggs. Or perhaps they do, and we just never get to hear of it? Either way, I'm not complaining...

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
:D :D

the resaon why we never asked for Solksjear, keane or giggs is cuz we have never needed them.

i mean, keane is great, but we have davids.

giggs??? great player, but would he be as good playing for juve with their styles and formations??

solksjear, well when we have the likes as del piero, trezeguet, salas, vieri, vialli, inzaghi, ravanelli etc.....dont think he is needed!!

i dont want giggs, i want veron so we can swap him for some lazio players like fiore, liverani or nesta just to name a few.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
If we get Giggs, where would he play?

If we play 4-4-2 he would play on the left but then where do you play Nedved? On the right?

NEDVED___TUDOR___DAVIDS___GIGGS

________TREZ___DEL PIERO________

Or in Diamond, maybe:

________DAVIDS______

ZAMBRO_________GIGGS

________NEDVED______

In the diamond, he would have to be good defensively. I don't know whether that is the case. But Giggs is without question ManU's best player in my opinion.

If we get Giggs, then it makes no sense to get Doni.

Quite probable though because ManU is desperate for Thuram.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Giggs is good enough to play in any team no matter what style they play in.

Giggs isn't going no where, same with Veron.

Yes Man United are desperate for Thuram but not so desperate to trade Giggs ( who no offensive is worth much more) for a 30 year old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts