Xtratime Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like Juve will most likely sign Nantes young player Sylvain Armand, they have been after him for some time but now
After the inury of Pessotto(out 6 months), they will be in need of a replacent aswell. Moggi sais that he'll officially signes before the last May. Milan were also after Armand but if Coco comes back Armand will be a Juve player soon.

Another good young player joining it seems.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Nicky boy :tongue: .

You know that you must always mention your sources when doing this "almost official" stuff ;).
The way you put it you make me think Moggi has confirmed the transfer ?

I've only seen this through SoccerAge so far.

I remember Armand playing well for Nantes in the CL, and he looks to be a very promising left back. He is hardworking, rather fast and comes forward a bitmore than Pessotto. One for the future for sure, but I don't know if he will be ready to start in Pesso's place from the start of next season.

Ciao

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
> soccerage.com
La Juventus se rapproche de Sylvain Armand
Juventus close in on Sylvain Armand

18/04/2002. Selon des sources bien informées en Italie, la Juventus de Turin serait sur le point de conclure le transfert du défenseur nantais Sylvain Armand, qui s'est fait remarquer notamment pendant la campagne européenne du FCNA. Une somme rondelette de 9 à 10 millions d'euros aurait été proposée par la Vieille Dame, désireuse de rajeunir son arrière-garde.
According to well informed sources in Italy, Juventus woould be on the verge to finalize Nantes defender Sylvain Armand's transfer. He attracted attention during Nantes's European campaign. A tidy sum of € 9-10m would have been put on the table by the Old Lady, willing to rejuvenate her rear-guard.

-- :) --

With Pessotto out for a long time, it's now or never! We must buy a new, talented, promising, reliable, leftback. Someone who can impose on the role as one of the best. I'm still to be convinced that we'll see a 3men backline next year. Although our recent moves on the market could be interpreted in this way, it's still too early in my opinion to drop conclusions. Many players, including defensive midfielders, might leave and that would imply that the arrivals had no prupose of a tactical scheme change whatsoever.

Onto the main topic then: Sylvain Armand

He is one of the products of the French football academies which are now recognized as among the best. Just look the situation in France ten years ago, and look at it now. A substantial step forward. He's part of the youth wave (along with Mexès, Cissé, Bréchet, Govou,...) that -be sure about it- will take over the football world in a near future. He's currently part of the U-21 NT that just beat favourites Italy 2-3...

Armand was born in Saint-Etienne, France, on August 1st, 1980. He's 1,82 tall for 82kg. In the championship, he appeared in 28 games, everytime as starter. he scored once (he also netted one in CL) and was booked 10 times: 8 yellows and 2 reds, which is a bit high, but not surprising knowing how Nantes struggled at the beginning of the season.

xxxxx --- Tudor --- Montero --- Armand

That would be the ultimate defence, as long as we have some cover in case of casualties: Ferrara, Iuliano, Zenoni, Pessotto
There's still the problem of Cannavaro, but if it means sacrifizing Brighi, it's definitely NO. Besides, his arrival would mean departures.

Thuram = xxxxx !? Hopefully... :hopefull:

It's all good anyway. ;)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't ever trust Moggi :D

I read the article on sporal.it and it has been rumours about this transfer for a while now. I can't say it will be official, but it's a good chance it seems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts