Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some mixed news for Juventus today as Alessandro Birindelli was ruled out for two months. Even if Ciro Ferrara should be back soon.

The duo limped out of the Siena win with injuries on Sunday and initial reports suggested they could be out for around a month each.

However, the full-back is set to be sidelined for around eight weeks with a serious thigh problem.

Birindelli had featured heavily in the last few months as cover for Lilian Thuram who has been struggling with fitness.

However, veteran stopper Ferrara (pictured) is set to be on the treatment table for just two weeks after tests today.

The former Napoli man, brought back to the side in a bid to aid their defensive vulnerability, should be back for the crucial Roma game on 8 February.

·
MVP
8,982 Posts
What's wrong with Thuram's fitness anyways?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, but I think it would be a good idea to sell him at the end of the season. He's old and isn't getting any better.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
This is our future defence(supposed to be anyway):

Zamb----Legro-----Thuram-----Oddo

if we have Oddo,no strikers will come near to gigi :cool:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Ah just fúcking buy Ferrai & get it over with:groan:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
As much as I like him and think he'd be a successful factor for us, Oddo is most likely leaving open spaces to sweep in at the back. One should rate Oddo for what he can bring offensively, the quality of his crosses etc. There are players who'd make our defence far more impervious to the enemy's assaults than he ever possibly could. I don't mean to be picky though.

Cam: I don't particularly fancy Matteo, however likely it appears we shall move for him.

Ciao.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Steph! said:
Cam: I don't particularly fancy Matteo, however likely it appears we shall move for him.

Ciao.
Well he's better than Bonera who people seem to wank over despite having proven himself as wonderfully average at Parma, & he's a damn site better than Legro too. And thanks to our WONDERFUL loser managemant, you can probably get our club captain for €5m:rollani:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
5m is quite a bargain considering he's young and Italian and everybody knows we're not short in cash. I'd hate it if we go for Ferrari only to disregard Mexès though. We'd compete in the same range of prices for the Frenchman and I consider him a far better prospect.

I'd kill Moggi with my bare hands should we purchase Bonera.

Ciao.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Steph! said:
5m is quite a bargain considering he's young and Italian and everybody knows we're not short in cash. I'd hate it if we go for Ferrari only to disregard Mexès though. We'd compete in the same range of prices for the Frenchman and I consider him a far better prospect.

I'd kill Moggi with my bare hands should we purchase Bonera.

Ciao.
Matteo is a future Azzuri captain. Mexes I have not seen. So I know who I would choose:tongue:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts