Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an Australian I am able to tell you that Juve have just
signed Ivan Ergic of Perth glory for 1.6 million dollars.He
is just one of a large number of very talented Australian players at the moment and I am glad to see Australian players reaching the top level.He is 19 years old and has amazing skills that ave impressed a number of top European clubs such as Bayern Munich and a number of top English sides,he has the potential to one day play in our starting eleven and as an Australian I can hardly wait to see such a day.For more information visit the site below.......

http://www.THEWORLDGAME.COM.AU

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Fine with me :). A young prospect who, in case he develops well, will certainly also help us develop new market interests "Down Under",
Let's see how far he'll go- it seems the right decision to loan him out imeadiately.
I know this is not the kind of transfer we've been talking about, but let's just remind ourself that Moggi claimed that "NO MORE TRANSFER WILL BE MADE!" :9.
Haha- I'm waiting for Athirson now :). Calciomercato said this morning that a Flamengo representative is in Turin today. Athirson will be transferfree this December, and as he's not willing to sign a contract-extension (and alledgedly has an agreement with Juventus about a free December transfer :)) They'll propably be looking to cash in before that time. I don't mind establishing some good relations to one of Brazil's most historic and prestigious clubs, but obviously it's a good negotiation situation that Athirson will soon become a free agent.

NB: WELCOME Ivan Ergic (Croatian heritance?) :).

Ciao.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I saw this kid in Tv(Wester Union Soccer), and its VERY god
he has an exellent control whit the ball, I'm very happy that he sing for Juve, becouse he will be a very god player in a very near future, and I'm agree that Juve loan him to give him experience.

Forza Ergic!!!!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
He's a defender, left, same place as Pessotto. Which foot? Who knows? Maybe Amoroso, the guy even knows Micoud's shoe size! Aint that right AMO? ;)

Free agent.. in december, now that would be a perfect x-mas gift! :)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I am so happy to see an Australian finally at Juve. As I am australian, i have been waiting years for one to join. He is very good in Australia and won the best young player as well. I was hoping Kewell or Viduka were going to be the first aussies at Juve but i guess not. Now hopefully this will become a trend. Australian players are very under-rated.

·
Registered
517 Posts
- Australian teenage star Ivan Ergic has signed a four-year deal with Italian Serie A giants Juventus for 1.6 million dollars ($950,000 US).

The Perth Glory midfielder has spent the last two weeks in Italy as a guest of the club.

He returned to Perth to inform the Glory of his decision.

Ergic had been considering Glory's German coach Bernd Stange's advice to play another season in Australia's national Soccer League before heading to Europe, but the lure of playing for Juventus proved too great.

"It's a dream come true, they are probably the best club in the world so I couldn't say no," Ergic said Monday.

"It is the dream of millions of young soccer players to play alongside champions such as Zinedine Zidane."

Ergic confirmed he had knocked back several more lucrative offers to sign with Juventus, including one from Stange's former German club Hertha Berlin.

Ergic will start his European career on loan to Swiss club FC Basel, but hopes to break into the Juventus top side in the next two years.

His commitments with FC Basel begin next week forcing him to miss the opening training camps for the Australian Olympic team, but he believes he will be free to return to training camps in August.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Well watching him throughut the Australian soccer league season he seems to be Asutalias biggest talent along with Simon Colossimo who you may have heard of...Andy Cole tore his knee ligaments in the game Australia vs Man Utd by studding him in the knee :mad:

In the semi final/final he was playing a midfield rold, right centre mid if i remember!! I don't think he is a defender!! Also i think hes right footed!!

He is a great talent and i wish Lazio had have signed him!!

About the croatian decendance isnt the australia team croatian :)
Bosnich, Ergic, Viduka etc!!
well at least its not australian :)

FORZALAZIO!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts