Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JUVE - Sampdoria

Game is next wednesday, i think Cappelo will begin with alex this time ;)

and samp is in good form, ithink a 1-0 win will do it. :thmbup:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Sampdoria habitually suffer against the big teams, and us being at home it must be three points or it'd be a big disappointment for sure.

Samp's defence is doing splendidly though; especially Falcone has been impressive, but we should have too many guns for them to handle really.

Will be interesting to see if Gasbarroni who've just moved back to Samp will be in the squad.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi there,

We all hope that King Alex will start in the coming match against Sampdoria. However, Cappello will not start with him next time and he will keep him for the begining of the second half.

since the return of David, we didn't see him together with Alex.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
No one has been seen with David. Zlatan has failed to make an understanding with Trez...they play like two lone strikers for most of the time.

Samp should provide a strong defense to crack but their attack has not looked good from their matches I have seen. Flachi is on and off and thats all they have really I feel.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do u think guys that milan will defeat messina without sheva??

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
as long as olivera plays again, i'll be happy. not overally concerned about del piero starting or not. i think the forwards are struggling simply because our midfield is lacking. but with olivera, at least we have a player with some flare who can create something out of nothing.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Serie A Week 22 - 2/2/05 (20.30)
Juventus - Sampdoria

Stadio Delle Alpi

----------------------------------------------------------------------

League leaders Juventus take on Serie A upstarts Sampdoria at the Delle Alpi Stadium. The weekend’s results helped Juve consolidate their league ambitions, as their win extended their lead at the top to eight points. Sampdoria were held to a draw by struggling Siena, but a Champions’ League place is still not beyond them.

Fabio Capello welcomes Manuele Blasi back from suspension but the tactician will be without three key players. Ruben Olivera, star of the show against Atalanta on Sunday, and Jonathan Zebina are suspended. Pavel Nedved is still out for a couple of weeks with his knee injury, although Gianluca Pessotto is more hopeful for a return.

Doria boss Walter Novellino can field Francesco Flachi once again, after the player served his suspension last week. But Cristiano Doni, Luigi Turci and Stefano Sacchetti are all injured. January signing Simone Inzaghi is suspended.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus (probable): Buffon, Birindelli, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Emerson, Olivera, Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet

Sampdoria (probable): Antonioli, Zenoni, Castellani, Falcone, Pisano, Diana, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto, Flachi, Rossini

Ref: To follow...

So, Olivera and Zebina are suspended...

--------------Buffon-------------
Biri-----Thuram---Canna---Zambro
Camo---Tach/Blasi--Emo---Kapo
-------Zlatan/DP---Trez/DP--------

I dont know if Capello will "rotated" the attack, in that case, DP will play instead Zlatan or Trez...the defense couldn´t be rotated because we dont have any player and the midfield is a forced rotation (Olivera suspended and Nedved injured)...

Anyway, we need to win this match, Milan had a difficult game at Messina, remember that "Juventus B" defeat them at San Siro, and Milan will be without Sheva...so it´s a opportunity to increase the gap... ;)

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Egyptian Juventino it's SAMPDORIA not Sampadoria like our favorite Arab commentators pronounce it. :pp

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Actually, taking into considation the score of the previous match this season I can say that we shall kick their ass and only. Perhaps we are a little bit off form, and they might be in better shape now. However, we can't let them a single point under no circumstances.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Egyptian_Juventino said:
Game is next wednesday, i think Cappelo will begin with alex this time ;)
Next wednesday? Are you sure? I thought it's tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Just checked out the fixtures and as I previously thought, the game is tomorrow.

Serie A Preview: Juventus-Sampadoria
2/1/2005 4:06:00 PM
Sampdoria were held by Siena on Sunday and this week they face an in form Juventus who have knocked any idea of crisis out of contention.
BACKGROUND

The two teams met before in on the 20/09/04 with Juventus taking the spoils and showing their title intentions by defeating Sampdoria 3-0. At that time a mini crisis hit the club for they lost their first three games. Sampdoria have since recovered from that slump and have put forth excellent displays of football. They are in 5th place and are in the hunt to play European football. With quality players they are sure to clinch A UEFA Cup place, if not a Champions League position.

Juventus will have a harder task to defeat Sampdoria for they are a much more solid side than Atalanta and the Achilles Tendon of Juventus being that Nedved is injured they may suffer that spark in midfield. Moreover, many defenders have left Juventus such as Tudor who is at Siena, Iuliano at Mallorca and Legrotaglie at Bologna, the central part of defense could also be at risk. Sampdoria are capable of beating Juventus and putting goals in the net, but their defense is also shady (remember Inter’s 3-2 comeback) and Antonioli being known to buckle under pressure could also inhibit Sampdorias European ambitions.

TEAM NEWS

Nedved is out with a knee injury, which could cause a problem for Juve and their Scudetto and CL hopes. Anyhow, his ingenuity will be missed but Juve have the quality to win without him. Zambritta is out with a thigh injury as Pessotto is also injured (he is not a starter anyway). As for Sampadoria Doni is out for two months with a ruptured thigh, and theur new striker Inzaghi, is out with a pinched nerve.

As for suspensions, Blasi is suspended for Juventus, as for Sampdoria Flachi and Bettarini are suspended. Camoranesi, Zebina and Appiah bring yellow cards to this game as for Sampadoria: Palombo, Pavan and Flachi carry cards form previous games.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Trezeguet (Juventus)
Trezegol is back form injury and he would like to leave his mark and contribute to Juve’s title ambitions. When healthy he is on of the best strikers in Europe. There may be a problem for him to get service but I expect Camoraniesi and other midfielders to carry the responsibility that Nedved would have done otherwise.

Antonioli (Sampdoria)
Last match, 3 goals slipped past him. He is known to be inconsistent and he must be at his best if his team would like to progress and play in European competition. He will be the last line of defense when Ibra or Trezegol get past the defense.

PROBABLE STARTING XI

Juventus (4-4-2):
Buffon, Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Birindelli, Camoranesi, Appiah, Tacchinardi, Olivera, Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet. Coach: Capello.

Sampdoria (4-4-2):
Antonioli, Zenini, Castellini, Falcone, Pisano, Diana, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto, Kuruzov, Rossini. Coach: Novellino.

PREDICTION

Sampdoria have put forth a string of good results and have played exciting soccer, but at the end of the day expect Juventus to gain three points. They have the quality and they cannot afford any mistakes for if they do Milan will be back in contention. All victories in Italy will bring them confidence when they play Madrid in three weeks time.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rhizoid said:
Egyptian Juventino it's SAMPDORIA not Sampadoria like our favorite Arab commentators pronounce it. :pp
i know it's pronounciation, but it's just a spelling mistake ;) , btw , do u know "ahmed al tayeb" that commentates for abou zaby??

he is very good.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Tough game, but we'll prevail.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Egyptian_Juventino said:
i know it's pronounciation, but it's just a spelling mistake ;) , btw , do u know "ahmed al tayeb" that commentates for abou zaby??

he is very good.
Walaw?? Allah 3aleik tislam riglek, ya salam sallim akdam l zi2baki nedved bititkallim ;)

He's the only Arab commentator whose commentary I don't actually mute. The worst are the ones on ART, thank God they don't cover Serie A.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The game is today :excited:. We should be able to win but Sampdoria have only suffered just one defeat in their last nine games, Samp currently lie 6th in the Serie A standings but I think we should be able to pull off another win. I think Del Piero should start after all he is our club's top goal scorer in all competions but Capello is unlikely to break up the Zlatan Ibrahimovic-David Trezeguet partnership in attack.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Shouldn't be a tough one to crack although we need to be a little heavy on the attack front considering Sampdoria's sound defence. Ah, regardless of how we finish this game I want to see Messina beat the hell out of Milan :D

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
It's to bad Olivera is suspneded for this one. I was hoping he could continue his good form in the Atlanta game.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
kthx said:
Walaw?? Allah 3aleik tislam riglek, ya salam sallim akdam l zi2baki nedved bititkallim ;)

He's the only Arab commentator whose commentary I don't actually mute. The worst are the ones on ART, thank God they don't cover Serie A.
LOL

:howler:

His commentary is wonderful indeed.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
kthx said:
The worst are the ones on ART, thank God they don't cover Serie A.
Agreed! :yuck: There's another local commentator on Abu Dhabi Sports that I really admire. He can hype up even the most boring game plus he always gives a lot of information on the players. I think he was on for some Euro games as well. His name escapes my mind at this moment :confused:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts