Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Incredible match by Samp. After the first half, I had written off the match, both teams, but a really compact Samp came back with ten men and defeated Juve at home. Great, great performance. Congrats, Toni. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
The difference between Samp's performance against us in the previous round and what they today is staggering. I am not saying this to praise Lazio, mind you, we sucked in that game too, just to note that Sampdoria could barely string three passes together back then and now did the impossible with some beautiful attacks. I guess Rossi had time to make his impact.

And of course, Juve clearly underestimated them.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Delio Rossi is way too underrated. Samp are lucky to have him. He is a master of counter attack tactics.
Totally agreed and that man in DR will be one massive reason why Samp will stay up for me:thumbsup::smileani:.

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
Originally Posted by GamE_Ove12
Delio Rossi is way too underrated. Samp are lucky to have him. He is a master of counter attack tactics.

Totally agreed and that man in DR will be one massive reason why Samp will stay up for me:thumbsup::smileani:.
i wish that wil be true. at the same time, we shouldn't be over confident after only 2 games for him with samp.

i don't Ferrara started the season with a massive results, such as beating milan the san siro...etc

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Nedved banned until Jan 31
By Football Italia staff

Juventus board member Pavel Nedved has been banned from games until January 31 after he confronted officials at the weekend.

The former winger insulted referee Paolo Valeri after the Bianconeri had lost 2-1 to Sampdoria on Sunday.

And his outburst means the 40-year-old will not be allowed to attend games until the end of this month.

--

Poor Nedved not used to a decision going against Juve because of his days with Moggi when he used to win fouls from nothing. Hence the nick Nedived.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
i wish that wil be true. at the same time, we shouldn't be over confident after only 2 games for him with samp.

i don't Ferrara started the season with a massive results, such as beating milan the san siro...etc
I wouldn't base it on just the two games as great as the win vs Juve was/is:smileani:.For me having someone like DR at the helm&with his experience he is able to turn the club around&at the least even secure survival I really think for sure:smileani:.

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
I wouldn't base it on just the two games as great as the win vs Juve was/is:smileani:.For me having someone like DR at the helm&with his experience he is able to turn the club around&at the least even secure survival I really think for sure:smileani:.

no doubt his experiences is more than Ferrara. but sometimes club's environment and circumstances may not help the manager. btw, i read in samp forum that the club wait DR's evaluations for players before making any step in the market, i know it's a good idea by him but this may wastes his time tbh.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I think and many would agree Samp really need a couple if not a few much needed acquisitions this transfer window.If I was a samp fan I would be very comfortable having DR at the helm:).

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
I think and many would agree Samp really need a couple if not a few much needed acquisitions this transfer window.If I was a samp fan I would be very comfortable having DR at the helm:).
Yes and yes. We also need to get rid of a few players because it is not healthy keeping players who hardly got a chance up to now such as Juan Antonio and Renan. Poulsen remains a mystery. Castellini a waste of wages. Finally we have three players for one spot and after the brace to Juventus it won't be easy to keep Icardi on the bench when Maxi Lopez and Pozzi recover from their injuries.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Thanx Tone:smileani::thumbsup:,yeh Maxi will be a big key&can be that type of "X" factor in a way&with a few more healthy additions to the squad Samp can have a very positive second half of the season:smileani:.

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
no doubt Icardi should start the next few games even if Lopez and Pozzi come back. they shoudn't start ahead of Icardi immediately after they recover from injuries. so, this would take at least no less than a month.

as for Samp's need, i think they lack a playmaker .

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
no doubt Icardi should start the next few games even if Lopez and Pozzi come back. they shoudn't start ahead of Icardi immediately after they recover from injuries. so, this would take at least no less than a month.

as for Samp's need, i think they most lack is a playmaker.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The rest of the season is more or less meaningless for Juve and Samp. Still, after their amazing win with 10 men back in January, Samp have another chance to stop Juventus from achieving something that no serie A team has done since the league is consisted of 20 teams.

Juve beat every single team in the league at least once this season. Every team except Sampdoria. In order to become the first team that beat all the other 19 teams, Juve need to beat Sampdoria in the last round.
Doable if Juve need any points or play with their best, but with the title most probably wrapped up before the last round, Juventus might play that match with their B team players and without motivation.

Sampdoria already did something of a kind in 2005/06, when Milan beat all the other 18 teams at least once that season, but they failed to beat Sampdoria.

If I'm not wrong, the last team who beat all the other teams at least once during the season, was Milan back in 1961/62, when the league was consisted of 18 teams.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts