Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accoriding to ALL the Spanish media, Juventus could pay Pablo's buyout clause (12 millions €). It seems that the Italian club is also offering 2 million € per season to the player, the double of his salary right now.

In that case, Atlético would only receive 10,2 millions, since in the agreement with Albacete says that the manchego club would receive the 20% of a possible transfer. Atlético paid 1,8 millions for him last summer and he's one of the best Atleti players. He made his debut with the Spanish NT this season.

Pablo is 24 years old and his contract with Atleti finishes in 2008. The player has denied all this, but it seems that Atlético wants to talk with his agent to make a new contract with a higher buyout clause.

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=20050117&xref=20050117dasdaiftb_27&type=Tes&anchor=dasftb

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Buyout clauses this matter only prevail in Spain. Good is that clubs can avoid losing players for nothing, but this case seems a bad one.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
I can't believe his buyout clause is that low. If it really is, I think Barça should poach him NOW.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
It would be a loss for la Liga and a very good signing for Juve, no doubt. Pablo Ibáñez has a lot of future and can only improve.

·
Registered
17,650 Posts
Can anyone tell me some of his qualities and weaknesses? Do any of you rate him?

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rate him really high. Probably the best Spanish central defender with Puyol. Strengths: really good with the headers, good quality playing the ball and good reading the game. Weaknesses: Probably lack of speed, because he's quite tall, but it would fit really well in Juve.

In any case, it seems that Atlético is going to do everything in their hands to keep him and the player seems happy in the club.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Does it mean the club can no way hold the player if another club affords the buyout payment, supposed the player would move and agree on conditions offered by the new club. If the club can hold him under the clause, then the buyout clause is useless?
.BLAUGRANA. said:
I can't believe his buyout clause is that low. If it really is, I think Barça should poach him NOW.
It is so low because the club didn't really expect his great. I'm sure there are many good Liga players under such cheap clauses, should your club buys them all?

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
Does it mean the club can no way hold the player if another club affords the buyout payment, supposed the player would move and agree on conditions offered by the new club. If the club can hold him under the clause, then the buyout clause is useless?

It is so low because the club didn't really expect his great. I'm sure there are many good Liga players under such cheap clauses, should your club buys them all?
If the buyout clause is met, then it's up to the player if he decides to move or not.

Yeah, we should buy them all. :rolleyes: Ibanez has put in top performances for the past year and a half. Why wouldn't I want him at Barça? Besides, we could use another quality defender. Certainly you lot need him more. He's better than any defender you have.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Ferrando Warns Against Selling Pablo

Atletico boss Cesar Ferrando has warned that selling Pablo Ibañez would be a mistake, but admitted the decision is out of his hands.

The highly-rated defender has been linked with a move to Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool, but the strongest rumour surfaced this week that Juventus are preparing to move for the 22-year-old.

"My team’s defence is built around the defence and if we start to dismantle that then we will not be staying faithful to what I said at the start of season," Ferrando said.

"But the decision about who stays and who goes is beyond my control."

goal.com

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Setzer said:
"My team’s defence is built around the defence " Ferrando said.
How novel ;).

Italian media today says the central midfielder Apppiah will be included in the transfer.

He has lots of talent, and is an athletic, good tackler. At least, he has all the potential to be a great DM, and has shown it with his NT and at Brescia and Parma.

At Juventus he has absolutely sucked for the past year.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Glen said:
Italian media today says the central midfielder Apppiah will be included in the transfer.

He has lots of talent, and is an athletic, good tackler. At least, he has all the potential to be a great DM, and has shown it with his NT and at Brescia and Parma.
So why do you want to give him up?
Glen said:
At Juventus he has absolutely sucked for the past year.
This sounds contradictory with the first part of your post. :tongue:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Appiah just does not fit into the Serie A it seems. His passing skills are not very good and he makes a lot of awful passes, one which cost us two points over the weekend. His tackling skills are very good, though, and he is extremely quick and athletic. However his ball skills are just not good enough for Juve.

Appiah could be a good fit along with Luccin and Ibagaza though. ;)

·
Registered
17,650 Posts
Appiah is an enigma and unfortunately he's regressed at Juve after his career started very promisingly at Brescia and Parma. Before coming to Turin he was known for his good passing ability and crisp ball skills along with his tough tackling, but his technique has suffered in our club colours. A bit of a mystery really.

But he is talented and given the right environment he could excel again. He's still young at 24. I think a contributing factor as to why Juve are ready to offer Appiah now is that we need to free up a non-EU place for Mutu.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
So why do you want to give him up?
This sounds contradictory with the first part of your post. :tongue:

No contradiction :). Appiah plays wonderful football for his NT, and was among the 5 best midfielders in serieA 2002/2003 for Brescia.
With Juventus on the other hand... he SUCKS.

So.... he has the talent, but it's a gamble as his current form would surely not be good enough for Atletico.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Any news on this in Spain?

Tudor has just been sent to Siena, which means we've let go of Iuliano, Legrottaglie and Tudor in January. As we're now dangerously short in central defence a purchase is likely, although I have absolutely no idea who it'd be.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glen said:
Any news on this in Spain?

Tudor has just been sent to Siena, which means we've let go of Iuliano, Legrottaglie and Tudor in January. As we're now dangerously short in central defence a purchase is likely, although I have absolutely no idea who it'd be.
Nothing. I think that Atlético is going to do everything in their hands to keep the player. So if Juve doesn't act fast, then you may lose the chance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts