Xtratime Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just found on Russian site http://www.sports.ru/today/soccer/news/154004200000027524.html that we are planning Japanese tour. The most interesting thing is that it comes the next day after our elimination from Champions League. Perhaps Moggi is planning to make some good transfers.

Dear people of Japan! Help us make some good transfers! God bless you!

·
Administrator
53,989 Posts
I'll make the stupid joke before anyone else does,even if I like our captain.

Hopefuly they will leave Del Piero behind after the tour is finished ;)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Osman said:
Hopefuly they will leave Del Piero behind after the tour is finished ;)
:happy: Finally, the light is shining on the Juventus XT crew. A Step forward that would be, me thinks.

Nyuka, I fail to comprehend how touring Japan would be beneficial for us - how is it related to signing better players than what we already have? With all due respect to Japan, even Montero could probably walk into the Japan NT.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paris, european clubs have good big income from such trips...from sponsors etc. Juve must be popular enough in Japan, and I think that we received a good financial offer to accept going there. Otherwise it's ridiculous to travel thousands of miles away from Italy.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Nyuka said:
Paris, european clubs have good big income from such trips...from sponsors etc. Juve must be popular enough in Japan, and I think that we received a good financial offer to accept going there. Otherwise it's ridiculous to travel thousands of miles away from Italy.
Sorry Nyuka, I wasn't questioning that aspect of the tour. I concur with the above, but I was questioning the "positive effect" that it would have on our transfers.

·
Administrator
53,989 Posts
Thank you for that piece of info Glen... :scared:

But didnt Milan win the Scudetto after the USA tour?Or am I mixing the seasons? no right?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
No - you're right about that Osman. Or so I think.

It's just, generally, I think teams suffer after these tours, and if we make as many changes as rumours suggest - I'd much prefer us to actually work on becomming a team, rather than gain 5-10 million from playing exhibition games.

·
Administrator
53,989 Posts
Yes you are right ofcourse.And even if we dont make that many changes(we will),this team needs alot of work...

And I wouldnt think some PR tour were you play 6th rate teams would be that ideal,even if we got a huge plus financially.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Glen said:
Can anyone tell me of any Italian/Spanish/English team who went to the Far East/America in the pre-season and wound up a title winner that season?
I know what you are getting at, but the long term effects of such a tour are not going to impact the players to any degree. Travel effects last for a week at the most. And nearly every big club does this type of touring now, so the field is level from a competition aspect.

Hey, maybe this trip means getting a midfielder who can pass the ball FORWARDS! :moan: Cassano would do too I guess

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I must admit I didn't read this thoroughly enough. If the game is in June - go right ahead. That doesn't matter - and they'll have a shorter flight to the Maldives for their holliday afterwards :).

But I think it would be a big mistake to make a tour that alters the pre-season drilling in Italy. More so since I suspect we will have at least 6 or 7 new players for next season (most of them free transfers of course), and a lot of training has to be put into finding a plan for the NEW JUVE to take form.

·
Registered
426 Posts
A game plan would be nice since we dont have any clue of a plan for this season.

Van Bommel is free hope Moggi opens his eyes and signs him

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.