Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It also says that the first match will be on June 1 against "Yokohama", the second one on 7th of June against "Tokio".

·
Administrator
53,055 Posts
I'll make the stupid joke before anyone else does,even if I like our captain.

Hopefuly they will leave Del Piero behind after the tour is finished ;)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Osman said:
Hopefuly they will leave Del Piero behind after the tour is finished ;)
:happy: Finally, the light is shining on the Juventus XT crew. A Step forward that would be, me thinks.

Nyuka, I fail to comprehend how touring Japan would be beneficial for us - how is it related to signing better players than what we already have? With all due respect to Japan, even Montero could probably walk into the Japan NT.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paris, european clubs have good big income from such trips...from sponsors etc. Juve must be popular enough in Japan, and I think that we received a good financial offer to accept going there. Otherwise it's ridiculous to travel thousands of miles away from Italy.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Nyuka said:
Paris, european clubs have good big income from such trips...from sponsors etc. Juve must be popular enough in Japan, and I think that we received a good financial offer to accept going there. Otherwise it's ridiculous to travel thousands of miles away from Italy.
Sorry Nyuka, I wasn't questioning that aspect of the tour. I concur with the above, but I was questioning the "positive effect" that it would have on our transfers.

·
Registered
46,430 Posts
... and thanks to the goal to River Plate one million years ago and a good operation of marketing Del Piero is very hyped there (more than here on XT :eek: ) so the success of the journey is granted.

·
Administrator
53,055 Posts
Thank you for that piece of info Glen... :scared:

But didnt Milan win the Scudetto after the USA tour?Or am I mixing the seasons? no right?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
No - you're right about that Osman. Or so I think.

It's just, generally, I think teams suffer after these tours, and if we make as many changes as rumours suggest - I'd much prefer us to actually work on becomming a team, rather than gain 5-10 million from playing exhibition games.

·
Administrator
53,055 Posts
Yes you are right ofcourse.And even if we dont make that many changes(we will),this team needs alot of work...

And I wouldnt think some PR tour were you play 6th rate teams would be that ideal,even if we got a huge plus financially.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Glen said:
Can anyone tell me of any Italian/Spanish/English team who went to the Far East/America in the pre-season and wound up a title winner that season?
I know what you are getting at, but the long term effects of such a tour are not going to impact the players to any degree. Travel effects last for a week at the most. And nearly every big club does this type of touring now, so the field is level from a competition aspect.

Hey, maybe this trip means getting a midfielder who can pass the ball FORWARDS! :moan: Cassano would do too I guess

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I must admit I didn't read this thoroughly enough. If the game is in June - go right ahead. That doesn't matter - and they'll have a shorter flight to the Maldives for their holliday afterwards :).

But I think it would be a big mistake to make a tour that alters the pre-season drilling in Italy. More so since I suspect we will have at least 6 or 7 new players for next season (most of them free transfers of course), and a lot of training has to be put into finding a plan for the NEW JUVE to take form.

·
Registered
426 Posts
A game plan would be nice since we dont have any clue of a plan for this season.

Van Bommel is free hope Moggi opens his eyes and signs him

1 - 15 of 15 Posts