Xtratime Community banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Terrible entertainment, I'm not sure I'll watch more of this season if it's play with empty stands.
I'm not sure I'll watch the rest of the season if Lautaro, Eriksen and Bastoni are going to play this badly.....

·
Administrator
52,420 Posts
Conte has zero clue offensively, if he faces a team he cant physically over power he tries nothing at all. Didnt have a single chance all game.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,962 Posts
I'm not sure I'll watch the rest of the season if Lautaro, Eriksen and Bastoni are going to play this badly.....
Might add Lukaku to that list as well.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Conte has zero clue offensively, if he faces a team he cant physically over power he tries nothing at all. Didnt have a single chance all game.
True

Maybe Inter's worst performance of the season.

Significantly worse than Lazio.

If Lautaro and Lukaku arent performing - and they were awful tonight - then the team is a lost cause.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Took a bit longer this season but the 2nd-half-of-season collapse has arrived.

If Serie A continues then nothing is guaranteed when the team is playing this badly.

We can easily be caught by Roma for 4th.

Corona may still save us though

·
Registered
43,661 Posts
The team just didn't come out ready to play. Biggest offenders imo were Lukaku and Lautaro (hardly tracked back to get on the ball) and Candreva (some good plays but was extremely wasteful with more Hollywood shots than crosses from the flank).

Juventus went in as if this was a huge Serie A match (which it is). Some of our guys turned up like this was a pre-season game or just another random match....or as if Serie A had the audacity to interrupt their Coronavirus holidays.

If they're not all taking this one seriously, then I think there's good reason to be concerned about CL qualification.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
All just signs of a 2nd tier team and one with no big-game mentality whatsoever. 0 points against Juve this season and 0 points from the 2 big head-to-heads of the last month speak volumes.

I said at the start of the season that a 3rd place finish would be acceptable, but that was assuming Napoli would perform, and they haven't. Being overtaken by Lazio, who have a smaller and weaker squad, is just ridiculous. There's also no way this team finishes above Atalanta.

If the season continues to the end - and luckily I don't think it will - I see 4th place as the best-case.

Also: Lautaro will have to be sold if he keeps going this way. I wonder has his agent told him to take his foot off the gas? It certainly looks that way.

Eriksen frankly looks a bad fit in this Conte system. He was bad today, bad against Lazio, bad against Udinese. Our midfield turns to putty when he plays. It's not the guy's fault - he needs 2 pure destroyers behind him. I get that he is a great player. But the fact that he gets the odd shot away shouldn't detract from the way he gets completely bypassed by every midfield we play against.

We can't afford that.

The only other option I see is to play one striker. With Lautaro playing this bad it might not be a bad option actually, although Lukaku performs better with a strike partner.

Would be nice to see Barella-Brozo-Sensi-Eriksen in one team though - at least as an experiment.

Felt sorry for Young getting burned twice by Dybala. Aside from that Young had a good game, and getting skinned by Dybala is no shame. It has happened to many, many players.

Vecino lost Matuidi on the goal. Awful.

Bastoni is not mature enough yet for these games. Godin should have played.

And when the hell is Sensi coming back?

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Serie A suspended till April 3rd, meaning the season is effectively over.

It was already nigh on impossible for Inter to play the cancelled Samp game, and we now lose another 3 weeks

I also gravely doubt Serie A will resume on April 3rd anyway.

Euro 2020 is also almost certainly doomed.

Let's hope a September restart is actually possible for Serie A.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,962 Posts
Yeah, finishing the season seems unlikely/impossible.

I wonder how they'll conclude things. Just let the current standings serve as qualification for Europe and scrap the rest? No champion, no relegation etc?

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yeah, finishing the season seems unlikely/impossible.

I wonder how they'll conclude things. Just let the current standings serve as qualification for Europe and scrap the rest? No champion, no relegation etc?
For me that's by far the best solution.

There is some idiotic talk of a top 4 playoff for the Scudetto, as if Atalanta or Inter had any sort of realistic shot at winning it across a normal season.

If there is to be a Scudetto play-off it should be a two-leg affair between Juve and Lazio

·
Registered
45,522 Posts
Yeah, there is no way this season will come to an end. Gravina & Co. should stop pretending that things could improve soon enough to allow playoffs (lol, playoffs!??) or even play all the remaining games (!!!). It is not going to happen and anyone with a brain has realized it by now.

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yeah, there is no way this season will come to an end. Gravina & Co. should stop pretending that things could improve soon enough to allow playoffs (lol, playoffs!??) or even play all the remaining games (!!!). It is not going to happen and anyone with a brain has realized it by now.
Yeah, it's embarassing.

Pull the plug. Now.

Let's hope the virus has died out/some type of vaccine is found before mid/late August.

The players are looking at a long, long holiday.

I wonder how this will affect the summer transfer campaign....

21 - 33 of 33 Posts