Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange no1 made a thread abt this match,anywayz,FORZA JUVE,and by the way,when is the match gonna played and the 1st match is in Delle Alpi or the san siro?? :cool:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Its our chance 4 revenge from 3/o in torino

I know that juve as a team is better so I hope we can make a high score although iam sure its close to impossible but iam hoping .

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
The first leg is in Turin on 4th February, the return at the San Siro takes place on the 12th February.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
BERTINI TO REFEREE JUVENTUS V INTER
Monday, 02 February 2004 13:36:09
MILAN - Wednesday evening's Tim Cup semi-final first leg match between Juventus and Inter will be refereed by Paolo Bertini. The official from Arezzo has taken charge of one Nerazzurri Serie A match this year (Parma v Inter).

Bertini will be assisted by linesmen Stevanato (Inter v Milan and Juventus v Inter) and Griselli (Siena v Inter, Chievo v Inter and Parma v Inter), and by fourth man Brighi.

inter.it

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Any information about the formation??

Probably we will use all the bench...but we haven´t 4 now....

so...i think...

----------------Chimenti-------------------
Pessotto--Iuliano-Ferrara----Zambrotta
------Conte---Tudor---Appiah-----------
----------------Maresca----------------
------Miccoli-------------DiVaio------------

We don´t have Zalayeta,Davids,Olivera,Fresi...our bench is not so deep....

Anyway....Forza Juve...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Man Feb looks very hectic. We got the coppa, CL,and Roma. buff your line up is perfect,Ciro and Mark other way round. We dont have much back up like you said. I will be suprised if DP and Trez play want them to start vs Roma. Nedveds always in top condition so he may start this one.ez,check you lot 2moro

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I´m concern about our bench...

First...we need a replace for Zambro, he´s not in shape, but with Biri injured, maybe place Tudor, but then, in the midfield?....Tach, Nedved and Appiah aren´t playing good, and you can´t force Conte to play much.....

Our bench is only strong in the forwards.....maybe moggi sell too much...when the champions begins agains...we will miss Zala, Davids and also Olivera (never Fresi ;) )

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I believe we can play well against Inter as we have both Miccoli and Maresca playing( I hope). I would play Treze as well instead of Di Vaio. Del Piero should be benched for sure. Nedved...well, he is our biggest weapon, but I would really like to see Maresca playing in the positiong of playmaker. That can be possible only if Nedved is benched IMO.

Whatever,

FORZA JUVE!:cool: :strong:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
This is a two legged tie. I'd rather us not play Nedved and Del Piero...for the victory against Roma is paramount. As much as I want the Silver star, I'd still rather see us come away with a draw against Inter than lose to Roma. All players must be fit to take on Roma!:fero: :fero: ...so I am hoping Lippi will rest Del Piero and Nedved in this game.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Not exactly the best time to have to play a big opponent....

I hope Lippi looks firmly to the Roma game rather than the cup.

Trezeguet, Thuram, Legro and Biri are all out of the game.

That in turn means that we will propably play Pessotto on right back and Zambro on the left... and that any fullback cover will be either Tudor or a Primavera player.... or... perish the thought... Iuliano or Montero (two options that always fail at left back).

Maresca should be ready on the other hand.

I hope for... honestly... I don't know what I'm hoping for.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
here is inter's squad for this game..

---------------------------

JUVE V INTER: 19 NERAZZURRI CALLED UP
Tuesday, 03 February 2004 19:05:40
APPIANO GENTILE - Nerazzurri head coach Alberto Zaccheroni has called up 19 players for Wednesday evening's Tim Cup semi-final match away to Juventus:

Goalkeepers: Alex Cordaz (71), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Ivan Cordoba (2), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Carlos Gamarra (24), Devis Nossa (34)

Midfielders: Fabrizio Biava (29), Okan Buruk (22), Francisco Farinos (14), Sabri Lamouchi (8), Giorgos Karagounis (19), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Dejan Stankovic (11), Javier Zanetti (4)

Strikers: Adriano (10), Isah Eliakwu (33), Obafemi Martins (30), Alvaro Recoba (20)

inter.it

================

TIM CUP: JUVE V INTER PREVIEW
Tuesday, 03 February 2004 15:13:46
MILAN - (Football Data) - Facts and figures related to Wednesday evening's Tim Cup semi-final first leg between Juventus and Inter:

Nerazzurri looking for 100th goal against Juve
Since the Serie A became a one-division championship in 1929/30, the Nerazzurri have played 172 official matches against the Bianconeri and have scored 199 goals. The first was scored by the legendary Giuseppe Meazza in the 32nd minute of Juventus 1-2 Inter on 2 February 1930.

No Juve draw in cup for two years
Juventus haven't drawn a domestic cup match since 6 February 2002, when they played out a 1-1 stalemate away to AC Milan. Since that date the Bianconeri have collected 6 wins and 4 defeats.

Which keeper for Lippi?
Juve coach Marcello Lippi can choose between goalkeepers Chimenti (likely starter) and Buffon for the semi-final first leg. Inter are the second most prolific side against Chimenti with 20 goals, while Perugia have put 24 past the 33-year-old keeper. Inter have scored more against Buffon than any other team, with 20 goals in matches against the Italy custodian. Chimenti's nightmare is called Alvaro Recoba . Il Chino has put 7 goals past him, more than any other player: 1 in Venezia-Roma (1998/99 Serie A ), 1 in Inter-Lecce (1999/00 Serie A ), 1 in Lecce-Inter (2000/01 Coppa Italia), 2 in Lecce-Inter (2000/01 Serie A ) and 2 in Lecce-Inter (2001/02 Serie A ). With 6 goals, Vieri is the player who has scored most against Buffon: 1 in Parma 1-3 Lazio (1998/99 Serie A ), 1 in Inter 5-1 Parma (1999/00 Serie A ), 1 in Parma 1-1 Inter (1999/00 Serie A ), 1 in Inter 1-1 Parma (2000/01 Serie A ), 1 in Parma 3- 1 Inter (2000/01 Serie A ) and 1 in Inter 1-1 Juventus (2002/03 Serie A ).

Inter unbeaten in four cup matches
Inter are still undefeated in the 2003/04 Coppa Italia, with 2 home victories and 2 away draws. The last time the Nerazzurri went 5 domestic cup matches without defeat was in the 1999/00 tournament when they won 4 and drew 1 before losing 2-1 at home to Cagliari in the semi-final return leg.

Lamouchi v Buffon
Sabri Lamouchi , who has scored 9 goals in official matches since coming to Italy, counts Buffon as his favourite target. The French midfielder has scored 2 goals against the Juventus keeper, one in each match between Parma and the Bianconeri in the 2001/02 season.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lippi gears up for Inter challenge Tuesday 3 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi admits Inter have boosted their squad during the transfer window, but insists Juventus will triumph in tomorrow¡¦s Coppa Italia clash.

¡§The Nerazzurri have certainly strengthened their prospects with the arrival of such great players as Adriano and Dejan Stankovic,¡¨ noted the tactician.

Some journalists in the pressroom asked whether Lippi envied the new signings lavished upon Alberto Zaccheroni.

¡§I am the Coach of Juventus,¡¨ he pointed out. ¡§How could I be envious of anybody? I have won everything with this club and our projects have always proved successful.¡¨

His latest challenge is to win the Coppa Italia and Juve face a daunting hurdle in the shape of Inter ¡V a side that already beat them 3-1 in Serie A this season.

¡§It will be a great game,¡¨ insists Lippi of tomorrow¡¦s semi-final, ¡§and we have a very strong desire to reach this Final and add another star to our shirts.¡¨

The Bianconeri currently have a tally of nine Coppa¡¦s and will receive a special mark on their team jerseys when reaching double figures.

Lilian Thuram, Alessandro Birindelli, Nicola Legrottaglie and David Trezeguet are out of action for this first leg encounter.

¡§There will be a squad rotation to balance out the strain, but there will be players on the bench who can come on and change the game if needs be.¡¨

It is an important week for the Turin side, as they will travel to the Stadio Olimpico in a head to head battle with Roma on Sunday evening.

Alessandro Del Piero¡¦s attention is already aimed squarely on the Capital and he looks forward to this Scudetto showdown.

¡§We have a golden opportunity to overtake Roma and break away in second place,¡¨ revealed the captain. ¡§This is one chance we cannot afford to let slip away.¡¨

channel4

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
This game will reveal ALOT about the future of our second-string attack, and the defense too. What's the starting lineup?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Coppa Italia Preview: Juventus-Inter
Juventus - Inter | Latest News | Match Preview | News Archive

Miccoli ready to prove his worth (AFP)
02/03/2004. BACKGROUND:

The 'Derby of Italy' is never an ordinary game, not even when it is 'just' a Coppa Italia match.

At the 'Stadio Delle Alpi' of Turin, Juventus will be hosting Inter for the first leg of the semi-final of the Coppa Italia match in program on Wednesday night.

Both teams see this cup from different points of view. For the bianconeri this is the least important objective of the season and the fact that Lippi does not field his first team in this trophy is indicative of Juve's interest. The nerazzurri on the other hand, being out of the Champions League and Scudetto chase, see this trophy with some extra importance to save a season which looks unsatisfying yet again.

Juventus arrive to this match following the hard fought win against Chievo while Inter come from a hard fought after-match against Siena, between Materazzi and Cirillo. However with the arrivals of Adriano and Stankovic and the recovery of Vieri, Inter looks more competitive and dangerous than ever before and will be ready to produce the same perofrmance which saw them 3-1 winners 2 months ago in the same ground and against the same team in Serie A.

The bianconeri will obviously want to put that result and especially that performance behind their backs and try to get revenge against a team who has only defeated them once in the past 10 years on their own home soil.

TEAM NEWS:

Juventus - Lippi's only unavailable player will be Birindelli, however the Tuscan coach will still field his second line-up for this game.

Inter - Zaccheroni is still without his injured players Materazzi, Coco, C. Zanetti, Almeyda, Martins and Vieri, even though the latter is on his road to recovery and will be available shortly.

PROBABLE FORMATIONS:

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Iuliano, Pessotto; Appiah, Tudor, Conte; Maresca; Di Vaio, Miccoli

Inter (3-4-3): Toldo; Cordobam Adanim Cannavaro; Helveg, Lamouchi, Farinos, J. Zanetti; Stankovic, Adriano, Recoba

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

Miccoli (Juventus): With Del Piero's poor form, the pocket-sized forward will try to push his way into the first eleven against Roma with another convincing performance.

Adriano (Inter): Probably the best striker in the world who will be ready to start giving new joys to his fans.
Glenn Debattista

soccerage

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Gianluca, I am watching live commentary on inter.it, and I guess you are right. They are outplaying us.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts