Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 520 Posts

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 1 May, 2005

Juventus have surprisingly announced an official Press silence until further notice following “suspicions that there are attempts to damage the club.”

The wording of the statement is particularly unusual, as it suggests a conspiracy is in force against the Turin giants.

“Juventus FC are faced with some disturbing facts that push us to suspect certain situations have been put in place to damage the club at a crucial stage of the season,” it read on the official website.

“We wish to dedicate all our attention to the competition on the field, fully aware that we are in an emergency situation. For this reason, Juve’s members will not make any further statements until further notice in order to avoid fuelling more controversy.”

The Bianconeri have been at the centre of several topical issues this week, including the use of TV evidence to ban Zlatan Ibrahimovic for three games and the transmission of Fabio Cannavaro’s home video showing him attached to a drip before Parma’s 1999 UEFA Cup Final appearance.

The fact that the video tape was anonymously handed over to a television station just days before the May 8 showdown with Milan has aroused suspicions.

Nonetheless, it is a bold move from the club and one that will only serve to raise further controversy ahead of such a delicate encounter.

Bianconeri director general Luciano Moggi had hinted that he believed Sky Italia – with its strong business links to Milan – had sought out the footage of Ibrahimovic striking Ivan Cordoba in order to ensure the player would miss the big game.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Bianconeri director general Luciano Moggi had hinted that he believed Sky Italia – with its strong business links to Milan
:dielaugh: :wallbang:

What's the requirements to become a journalist anyway?

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're a jurno ?!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Bianconeri director general Luciano Moggi had hinted that he believed Sky Italia – with its strong business links to Milan – had sought out the footage of Ibrahimovic striking Ivan Cordoba in order to ensure the player would miss the big game.

·
Registered
61,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bwahahahaha :howler:

Ok from now on no more channel4 for me ! :D

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I'm forced to retract my statement. From what I read in articles, Berlusconi/Galliani empire is Mediaset. Sky Italia is all Murdoch. La7/Telecom is Tronchetti. I don't see any connections besides the jersey now. Either Moggi didn't say this or he's a fool, and I think its the latter.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Either Moggi didn't say this or he's a fool, and I think its the latter.
...you forgot the more obvious answer. Perhaps you should work for Channel4's Football Italia crew.

Channel4, to my knowledge, is otherwise a fine station as regards it's journalism. At least their documentaries are often superb.

Nerazzurri: Yes.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
That they made it up? Unlikely since I saw it plastered all over sports.it a few days ago

LOL these people

·
Registered
17,651 Posts
With regards to the press silence, i think it's a good idea even if we may get some flack about it.

We're in a crucial part of the season and with all the recent controversy, it's better to keep the media at arm's length for a while.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
wow Glen, i didnt know you were a journalist. always wondered what you did.

As for the silence//who the F knows what they are trying to do.

·
Registered
46,537 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
“Juventus FC are faced with some disturbing facts that push us to suspect certain situations have been put in place to damage the club at a crucial stage of the season,” it read on the official website.
:howler:

La faccia come il culo. :D
Sorry, I can't translate it.

Anyway, Juventus moaning about supposed damages has to be one of the greatest jokes ever.

The old "stile Juventus" has died together with the Agnelli probably. This is the new "stile Juventus" and has the faces of Moggi, Giraudo, Bettega... as stylish as three Afro-american pimps with their old bitch.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
ToniSamp said:
The old "stile Juventus" has died together with the Agnelli probably. This is the new "stile Juventus" and has the faces of Moggi, Giraudo, Bettega... as stylish as three Afro-american pimps with their old bitch.
Bwahahahaha :howler:

·
Administrator
53,112 Posts
Toni :dielaugh: It can be handy,to have an ass instead of a face ;)

·
Registered
17,651 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Well you may not find them 'stylish', but they have built a financial model at the club that i think all clubs should aspire to.

In this era of Italian clubs going bust and incurring mega-debts, they have managed to keep a club from an unfashionable city, with piss poor local support and no sugar daddy pumping money into it, not only afloat but thriving.

Something i find rather commendable. If you want to make moral judgments on the other stuff, be my guess. But as the Canna video at Parma shows, we are hardly the only club that has skeletons in their closet.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
This is unbelievable! What the hell is that jersey?

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Nero said:
But as the Canna video at Parma shows, we are hardly the only club that has skeletons in their closet.
Was that really was Toni was suggesting, Nero? Did he really try to say that Juventus is the only club guilty of immoral behaviour and all that is evil? He commented on the new stile Juventus, and he was spot on, end of discussion.

·
Administrator
53,112 Posts
Love the avatar Cacìni,stoned cold cool celebration of Vucinic :shades:

1 - 20 of 520 Posts