Xtratime Community banner

What was Sunday's best goal/celebration package?

• Dacourt

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Totti

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Cassano I

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Cassano II

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here we are, a few days later. Let's analyze and pick what was our favorite grand moments of the Juve match. ;)
Taken together, what was your favorite goal/celebration package from the FOUR we scored on Sunday night?
1. Dacourt blasts a shot from a corner gone awry; it deflects off Tacch and comes back to Dacourt, who lays a beautiful angled shot across and into Buffon's left part of the goal. Dacourt runs to the track, where he is mobbed by our Gladiators. Big goal, big ice-breaker, nice celebration for Dacourt's first Serie A goal.
2. Cassano receives ball and reverts back to Totti, who plays a nifty, sneaky ball thru into penalty area, where Cassano follows but is tripped by the rat in the area. PK. Totti uses Buffon and smacks his PK off the left woodwork and into goal. He then rips his shirt off and kisses the left ring finger and his way to the track. Is then mobbed by teammates. Chivu returns his shirt.
3. Cassano in the area pokes a reflected cross into the, yes, left side of Buffon's goal for a cutesy kind of goal. The best is yet to come: Cassano exposes his tattoed back and arms to the world and Roma meet in a circle sitting down and put their arms in the air in unison in a dance-step type of celebration. Magnifico!
4. Ah, the fourth and last goal - Mancini provides a nice cross from the left and Cassano is waiting in the box for it, virtually alone. Cassano has to move back a bit to get for it - he leans back and pops his head forward in an incredible guided bomb to Buffon's right, leaving Olimpico in delirium! What a header! What a goal! And to top it all off, he runs to the corner and gives the corner flag a lethal kick, breaking it in half. After being applauded by his mates, Collina arrives to issue the well-deserved yellow. :howler: :star:

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Primo said:
4. Ah, the fourth and last goal - Mancini provides a nice cross from the left and Cassano is waiting in the box for it, virtually alone. Cassano has to move back a bit to get for it - he leans back and pops his head forward in an incredible guided bomb to Buffon's right, leaving Olimpico in delirium! What a header! What a goal! And to top it all off, he runs to the corner and gives the corner flag a lethal kick, breaking it in half. After being applauded by his mates, Collina arrives to issue the well-deserved yellow. :howler: :star:
This is mine. The icing on the cake, the completion of the destruction of Juve, Cassano's bullet header and cheeky celebration cap off such a historic night:cool:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I voted for Totti. Basically because Cassano didn't watch the kick, but stood the other way and waited for reactions from the crowd and then gave an assistant on the bench a cold shower!

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Cassano’s header should be taught in academies and Cap should look long and hard at it and understand that heading a ball has nothing to do with height, we have a giant who can’t head for his life, but with talent and positioning. I love the passion that burns in this kid when it’s channeled the right way.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Cassano's second goal is definitely my choise. The goal was great- a sublime combination between Emerson and Mancini, a perfect cross from the latter and a stunning header from Cassano for the goal. The celebration was just hilarious too, I will remember how Cassano broke that corner flag for a long time. What a character he is!:star:

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Goal 4 is my favorite, as I momentarily transcended to a different plane after it; for a brief yet shimmering moment, I experienced Zen. :cool:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
You didn't mention Ivans saved penalty.
That scene had A LOT of power from my point of view and showed we OWNED the gobbi that night.

Other was Cassano's goal to the 3-0! :)

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
In order to slack Tottiboy as much as possible, I find it essential to acknowledge his positive performance (when applicable), because otherwise it would just be hipocricy. So here goes.. that was a really well taken penalty, the best one I've seen in a while (although Recoba's from a couple of weeks back was also terrific).

:tongue:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
That match was amazing.I never thought you would beat Juve so badly I thought it might be 2-1 or something like that but Cassano's on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umarnino

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
ah damn i did Totti's but i forgot cassano's 2nd celebration :(

although i like the fact that cassano was looking away and squirted the water at the assistant for totti's goal :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts