Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
34,471 Posts
I predict a draw. We will be missing Sissoko, Molinaro beside the injured players.

Inter is playing Sampdoria, so here`s hoping Cassano can do something.

·
Administrator
53,210 Posts
And you say stuff like that despite him defending very well most of this season? Offensively he is still lacking, defensively, real improvement. Holds down his wing defensively, and he he has his part why we have the best defence in the league so far. De Ceglie is better offensively, and I hope he keeps assisting and eventually takes a starting spot. But aslong as Molinaro is more defensively solid then De Ceglie, it wont happen.

·
Administrator
53,210 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOK, this is getting ****ing ridicolous, not enough half the squad are out on direct injuries, but the frigging flu now????

Juve felled by flu epidemic

Juventus have a crisis on their hands after Gianluigi Buffon's flu spread to both substitute goalkeepers, Tiago Mendes and Olof Mellberg.

The World Cup winning goalkeeper was meant to make his Serie A comeback last Sunday against Lazio, but was ruled out on Saturday evening by a bout of flu.

Now Buffon's illness has spread throughout the team and Coach Claudio Ranieri has very limited options for next week's crunch match with Fiorentina.

Worryingly, substitute goalkeeper Alex Manninger is one of those hit by the virus and third choice Antonio Chimenti has preliminary symptoms, so Juve could well be without all three shot-stoppers.

The only alternative would be to throw in youth team goalkeeper Timothy Nocchi for his Serie A debut from the start. Nocchi will not turn 19 until July.

Mellberg has also come down with the flu, increasing an injury crisis in defence that has Giorgio Chiellini a major doubt along with Hasan Salihamidzic, Jonathan Zebina, Dario Knezevic, Vincenzo Iaquinta, David Trezeguet and Mauro Camoranesi.

Momo Sissoko and Cristian Molinaro are suspended, so the Bianconeri are in dire straits just as they have closed the gap at the top of the table to three points.

----------------------

Not only have we been forced to give a debute to a 19 year old primavera defender, but now all goalies are out cold (pardon ze pun), and its likely an 18 year old goalie will debute? :googly: And it cant be against minor teams either, but likes of Lazio and Viola.

·
Registered
560 Posts
And you say stuff like that despite him defending very well most of this season? Offensively he is still lacking, defensively, real improvement. Holds down his wing defensively, and he he has his part why we have the best defence in the league so far. De Ceglie is better offensively, and I hope he keeps assisting and eventually takes a starting spot. But aslong as Molinaro is more defensively solid then De Ceglie, it wont happen.
He has improved defensively, but its he wasn't like this all season. My point is that Molinaro is a one demensional player who will never be able to attack. Molinaro doesn't win us games and De Ceglie does even if his defending is shaky, same goes for Molinaro who still needs to prove that he can be consistent with his Serie B par form.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
How long should a flu actually take? 2, 3 days max? They should be able to make at least one day of training and be ready for Saturday.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
ok from the looks of it, juve are screwed. But this is only one side of the story. Who is missing from Fiorentina? I think Mutu is injured, but who else...?
I fear Gilardino and Santana alot.

·
Administrator
53,210 Posts
Mutu is injured, but even if they have been our boogey team in last 3 meetings (two draws, BOTH due to last minute goals, 1 loss, due to TWO last minute goals :googly: ), I dont think we should fear them that much. Less creative without Mutu, and their midfield is bit light, but depends on our strong CM pair decide to show up. But most importantly, Viola seems to have an awful away form, 6 losses in away games only??? Bit weak.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Juve felled by flu epidemic

Juventus have a crisis on their hands after Gianluigi Buffon's flu spread to both substitute goalkeepers, Tiago Mendes and Olof Mellberg.

The World Cup winning goalkeeper was meant to make his Serie A comeback last Sunday against Lazio, but was ruled out on Saturday evening by a bout of flu.

Now Buffon's illness has spread throughout the team and Coach Claudio Ranieri has very limited options for next week's crunch match with Fiorentina.

Worryingly, substitute goalkeeper Alex Manninger is one of those hit by the virus and third choice Antonio Chimenti has preliminary symptoms, so Juve could well be without all three shot-stoppers.

The only alternative would be to throw in youth team goalkeeper Timothy Nocchi for his Serie A debut from the start. Nocchi will not turn 19 until July.

Mellberg has also come down with the flu, increasing an injury crisis in defence that has Giorgio Chiellini a major doubt along with Hasan Salihamidzic, Jonathan Zebina, Dario Knezevic, Vincenzo Iaquinta, David Trezeguet and Mauro Camoranesi.

Momo Sissoko and Cristian Molinaro are suspended, so the Bianconeri are in dire straits just as they have closed the gap at the top of the table to three points.

---------

I'd play Nocchi > Chimenti. :D

·
Registered
17,740 Posts
Can't we catch a freaking break? This is BS.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I doubt any of these flu symptoms gonna keep the mentioned players out....fakers:pp

damn, we have 7 losses at this stage of the season & lost Pazzini & Osvaldo....i fear a massacre at Turin.:stoned:

Nevertheless, Forza Viola!:proud:

·
MVP
8,991 Posts
This reminds of the time we played Man United at old trafford with like half the team "out cold" (thank for the pun Oz :pp )

So if it's not injuries, it's the flu. Dammit!! :doh:

·
Administrator
53,210 Posts
Predicted lineup for the game:

OH wait, sorry, its the lineup of players NOT available for the game :howler:

Pretty much only Buffon has a chance to make it, the rest are goners for the game (two of them for suspension, Molinaro and Momo, so they have less annoying reason atleast).

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I believe in Iaquinta!
not too sure how sali will play with molinaro on the other hand.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts