Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 are in tough nuts now, facing maybe elimination from this round, maybe Juve got a chance but the others have a low one.

what do you think?

that this big guns could be eliminated from Bremen, Barca and Arsenal? :scared:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
il_principe said:
you forgot liverpool. ;)

i'm all for the "underdogs" going as far as possible.
Well IMO Liverpool and Juve have bigger chanses to go through than Werder and Benfica, i would say two to one.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Juve, Chelsea, Real, Liverpool...

Chelsea looks the likely team to out from these four... As for Real, i think they can actually do it... i saw a very poor Real team , and i KNOW they can do much better than that, but i thought that was the best you could get from an Arsenal performance this season (other than the Middlesbrough bashing)... The second leg could very well be Real's game..

Juve has a good chance to go through... it's not as if this is the first time Juve has lost a first leg tie before and still went through... in fact, Juve makes a habit of doing "just enough" in europe... The same could be said of Liverpool...

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Juve will go through I'm pretty sure of that. Chelsea I think will go out, Chelsea can't outplay sides like Barca, they couldn't outplay them on their own patch never mind at the Nou Camp with 90,000+.

Liverpool will probably go through whilst I'm not sure about Real. I'm thinking Arsenal might hold on.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Chelsea are most likely to go out, given the score, the opposition and the fact that they play away from home in the next leg.
Madrid are also in a pretty big hole, but different from Chelsea, one goal will put them on level.
Juve only needs one goal to go thru and really arent in that much trouble (still at a disadvantage though.)

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
and he was begging sky sports to show the del horno foul over and over so that uefa overturnes the red card and a rematch is ordered :doh: :finger: :eekani: :eekani: ...........what a man..........THE BIGGEST CRYBABY THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN and ever will see..lets get these weenies out of europe
juve shud go thru and real too will but somehow i feel inter cud slip up at home

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I don´t think Chelsea style suits plaing with disaventage, Juve will play safe and eventually score. Real Madrid will have problems, simply because they will insist in making the same mistakes in the second leg:

1) Playing Beckham on the weakest side of Arsenal (which now will be the strongest)
2) Using a single DM which is very slow and has no positioning sense (tried to double mark players leaving on running free many times)
3) Using Robinho fixed in the wing
4) Ronaldo with his back turned to the goal when he should be used fast on the counter
5) Nobody dynamic enough to pass the ball around, Guti simply chokes and Zidane is past his best form.

So next round I say

Barcelona
Juve
Arsenal

1 - 19 of 19 Posts