Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me honesty Juventini, is it true that Juve ussually bribe the referee to win the scudetto ? On 97/98, many people thought that Juve bribe the referee (against Inter especially, still remember ?). Will it happen again to Juve ? Juve will win the scudetto, but nobody will admit it with the scandal. So, tell me about your opinion guys... Anyway, I really hope that's not true.

------------------
Forza JUVE !!!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
NO- it's not true. There has never been any evidence of that and I DO NOT BELIEVE IT :(.

It IS true however that Lazio is getting bad calls against them, but that's not the same.

I would recommend that everybody read CNN's Italian football expert Gabrielle Marcotti's view on this one.
Go to their site- search for sport- click world sport- click soccer and take a look at the article "more problems in Italy".
It reflects my own views on this totally.

I'll put in the link in a separat topic later on- when I have the time for it.

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hey Glen! That's exactly the article I pasted in my post.. :) please read the article everyone. I totally agree with it.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys may be interested in what has been going on in the topic "To Lazia" recently. Someone who uses the name "Mancini" wrote that "the people behind Juve are cheaters."
I have challenged him to come forward with some hard evidence to back up that statement and to turn that evidence over to the proper authorities in Italy. So far, no response.

I think I will start a new topic called "Evidence?" to continue that discussion. It's not fair to Lazia to have her name associated with a discussion that no longer has anything to do with her.

We'll see what happens.

Zen9

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Zen; Apart from agreeing on the Lazia matter it really is a tough demand You put up :).
Juve has been investigated thoroughly on many occasions and for many different reasons, without anyone ever coming up with ANY evidence against us.
Therefore their argumentation must be based on surmise.
Still (obviously); I agree that it's unfair, but as we can all (I guess) understand that Lazio fans are frustrated after the Cannavaro incident, we also know the reason of this.
Whenever these things get really out of hand I will delete it (or Jan will) as they come along.

ciao.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glen,

I hear what you are saying. However, if anyone wants to make a statement like "The people behind Juve are cheaters", let them do it on their own team's board, not here.

I understand the frustration on the part of Laziali (as well as Parma fans and fans of Serie A generally). The refereeing in the Juve-Parma game was very bad. I personally have written here that at this point I would prefer a playoff between Juventus and Lazio for the scudetto, just so people will not be debating this season for the next ten years. I am not afraid of playing Lazio on a neutral field for the scudetto.

But it is one thing to say that the referees make too many mistakes or are biased; it is another to say that Juve is part of (or worse, at the head of) a conspiracy to fix the outcome of the League. I think we should talk about, and where necessary try to fix, the former; but when someone comes to OUR forum and accuses Juve, its officials, its players, or its fans of a criminal offense, they better have hard evidence to back it up. If you don't agree, then that's OK - we disagree. :)

Let's see what "Mancini" has in the way of hard evidence to back up his statement.

With great respect,

Zen9

[This message has been edited by Zen9 (edited 10-05-2000).]

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since we are talking about evidence. Is it true that Roma bought a $15000 Rolex watch to a ref as a gift? and If it is true, why aren't we hearing about this case? and why does Roma complain about the refs if they do such things?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts