Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Where was the justice for Messi a few weeks ago?
Did messi miss a champions league final because of it.

UEFA love to push "fair play" into our faces at every opportunity. Now they have a chance to show fair play for a red card incident that was simply a poor decision that any ref could get wrong. The game was over, the tackle meant nothing and at the end of the day it was actually a fair tackle.

It wont happen as UEFA only change their rules for the likes of liverpool (letting extra teams in the CL!!!).

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why can't you appeal a red card in the first place? Surely it's a logical rule to implement?

They're a bunch of lazy bastards, Uefa are.

13,358 Posts
I was supposed to open this thread my friend:mad:

As Andy Townend said, you can appeal against a parking ticket outside the stadium; UEFA can charge players for misconduct in retrospect BUT can't rescind a mistake by the official?

Bullshit.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was supposed to open this thread my friend:mad:

As Andy Townend said, you can appeal against a parking ticket outside the stadium; UEFA can charge players for misconduct in retrospect BUT can't rescind a mistake by the official?

Bullshit.
:thumbsup:

With a post like that, you can be the honourary thread opener.

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
Does anyone have a replay, am having an argument with some lads, according to them Fletcher touched the ball, which i must of missed.

D

·
0 Posts
Did messi miss a champions league final because of it.

UEFA love to push "fair play" into our faces at every opportunity. Now they have a chance to show fair play for a red card incident that was simply a poor decision that any ref could get wrong. The game was over, the tackle meant nothing and at the end of the day it was actually a fair tackle.

It wont happen as UEFA only change their rules for the likes of liverpool (letting extra teams in the CL!!!).
Yes they changed the rules to let the defending champions in.

The scoundrels!

Fact of the matter is, the game was offer and Fletcher lunged into a tackle that he should have just stayed away from. His own carelessness and stupidity cost him.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
He did touch the ball first (although very faint but not the point here) but its one of those tackles it isn't even clear in first reply so honest mistake by ref. Don't see the fuss and specially ITV crew going over and over this again. It happens in football, happend in the past, happend to much more important players to a team and nothing was done.

Move on

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
It was a stupid tackle to make in the first place; it wasnt like Arsenal could have turned the match around at that point and Fletcher lost his cool and brains for a split second while Fab made the most of it. Clear foul btw, the red card was maybe harsh but it's down to the player making a decision like that in a match allready won by MU

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
Fletcher touched the ball but Cesc still had the chance to score, if he cleard the ball it would of been a diffrent story.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
If a keeper comes out for the ball, gets a touch on it but then takes the player out its never a foul for the attacking player....seems like double standards to me!

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
He changed the trajectory of the ball away from the goal, THEN the player went down.

If that is a foul then we might aswell rename the whole competition La Liga.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Have you even seen the foul? Or are you just dim?

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
It was risky and, given the score at that moment, unnecessary from Fletcher, but he did everything right. It was one of the best tackles you would see all season - last ditch, inch perfect, brilliant recovery defending... and continental ref to get it all wrong. I feel sorry for the lad even if Fletch missing the final would be nice advantage for Chelsea should they win tonight.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts