Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone here posting actually lives in Turkey. I've noticed there there are a lot of Turks here, but live in countries such as England, the US, Sweden, Canada, France, Austrailia, Germany, etc. So, are any of the frequent posters here actually live in Turkey itself?

I figure the more people herethe merrier, plus it would give me a better perspective of the events in the sporting world going on over there now.

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
Me and cehennem baligi live in istanbul :) If i am not mistaken thats all...

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I think that the majority in this forum are here because they live outside Turkiye. Sometimes it's hard to get any info (especially in English) about the goings on at Fener if your outside of Turkiye.
Here is the perfect place to be informed, especially if you Turkish is sub-par :irritate:

·
Registered
983 Posts
I live in Turkiye too.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Kocaeli (Izmit - Nicomedia)

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
waq said:
during the summers I am in Turkiye, but during school season I am in the US!
Same here. Where do you go? I stay in Eskisehir and visit Istanbul alot.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Wow Eskisehir support is deeeeeeep even through the internet :proud: we were always known for our strong fan base, I love Eskisehirspor, but looks like Ordu is winning this year we are always on the outside looking in. They gotta bring back the Klasman and Playoff system, it was better.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Aghhh I wanna be in Koprubasi/Yediler in the summer =(

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
F0RZA KARTAL said:
Which part of Eskisehir are you from Beep?
I'm not from there but I visit my family that live in Merkez. Wonderful place.

gravesends said:
Wow Eskisehir support is deeeeeeep even through the internet :proud: we were always known for our strong fan base, I love Eskisehirspor, but looks like Ordu is winning this year we are always on the outside looking in. They gotta bring back the Klasman and Playoff system, it was better.
I know man, I support Eskisehispor as much as I do Fener :proud:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
gravesends said:
Aghhh I wanna be in Koprubasi/Yediler in the summer =(
Make that two of us. Nothing beats taking a stroll down Kizilcikli and Doktorlat caddesi... especially when you are checkin out all the femmes :D Anyone who is going this summer to Eskisehir should check out Doors. It's a new night spot which is similiar to Hayal but much better IMO. It is located just 2 blocks from Hayal (if you are going towards Koprubasi).

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
whatthebeep2004 said:
Same here. Where do you go? I stay in Eskisehir and visit Istanbul alot.

I am usually at Istanbul, both the Asian and European sides, and than I end up at Karsiyaka and Izmir.

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
waq said:
Oh and I have an apartment in Istanbul so I can also be considered an "Istanbullu" :D
its not that easy to be an "istanbullu" :eek:

u have to see "bogaz", u have to smell sea, u have to eat "balikekmek", u have to walk through to "beyazit", you have to visit "eyup", you have to eat yogurt in "kanlica", you have to eat "simit" in "buyukada", you have to drink "sahlep" in camlica, u have to be drunk while watching the sunset from "anadolukavagi", you have to feast gulls from "vapurs", u have to share the loneliness with the homelesses in a cold dark "taksim" dawn, u have to suffer in bridge traffic, it must take your 3 hours to go somewhere everyday and than maybe u can be a "istanbullu". ;)

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Born and raised in London, but my parents/family are all Cypriot.... When I go there I stay in Girne but visit family in Bostanci :)

I have only been to Turkey 3 times -
- 1989, where we did the whole driving through Europe to get to Cyprus thing. We drove down the 'Ege' coast before going to Tasucu for the ferry
- 2002 went to Bodrum for 2 weeks with Gonul
- 2004 went to Istanbul for a 'Fenerbahce weekend' and met my bros 4 life - Burhan & Orhan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts