Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are all into WC;):D

Lazio still exist:eek: :D, and things are still going on.....

This is what i have gathered so far.

DLP is off to Porto. :) Farewell;)

Mandietta is apparently NOT going to Atletico. Simeone & Lopez deals are still on.

Instead of Atletico, Mandy might end up in Barca in part exchange with Rivaldo (we are getting money + Rivaldo). Other option is that Crespo would be included in this deal too. In that case we would get approx 40 million Sterling. Crag is in Barcelona to convince:rolleyes: Rivaldo to accept the deal.

There is possibility of exchange between Parma & Lazio, where Almeyda & Liverani will change teams.

Manfredini is as good as signed:) We are paying approx 5 million sterling, plus one of our primavera guys.

Latest on Nesta: Crag announced that after first WC game, Nesta's price doubled:rolleyes: :D . That would make it something like 75 million sterling:rolleyes: :tongue:

H

·
0 Posts
According to soccerage,lazio has signed di vaio of parma.the details of the move is still unknown.parma are trying to sign mutu to replace di vaio next season.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
"Latest on Nesta: Crag announced that after first WC game, Nesta's price doubled
That would make it something like 75 million sterling"

ROFLMAO, one game and Nesta's price skyrockets from 37 to 75 million! God forbid Nesta gets another good game or 2 or he'll be over the 1000 mil pounds mark :D
Sorry j/f, but Cragnotti really is a genius isn't he ;)

H

·
0 Posts
This is the only way Cragnotti thinks will stop other clubs from bidding for him.In actual fact,he played so well that he should be worth priceless in my eyes.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
1. Who is DLP ? sorry, I was thinking Del Piero :rollani: :D

2. A;meyda - liverani would be great for Lazio and Parma... Forza Almeyda!!!

3. Thx for this post, we're all so into sport that sometimes I forgot there is something much more important than watching senegal beating france or us beating portugal :D:D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Veron in new Lazio hint Monday 17 June, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juan Sebastian Veron has again stated that he would like to return to Lazio if the possibility presented itself.

The Manchester United man didn’t have the best of first seasons at Old Trafford since his switch from the Italian capital, and has strongly been linked with a return.

"I have a contract with Manchester but anything could happen. Manager Alex Ferguson has told me that he wants to keep me but things can change on a daily basis here," he is reported as saying.

"There is a possibility that I could return to Rome even if from what I hear Lazio aren’t having an easy time of it. If I decide to join Lazio then it will be a decision from the heart."

Veron is still a crowd favourite with the Olimpico faithful and his return could see some wounds heal between the club and the support who were angry at his £29m sale.

"If there is the possibility of returning then I will," he added.

"My heart has always been Biancoceleste – the colour of my national team and Lazio. It is difficult to forget the emotions I felt when we won the championship."

Veron made an instant impression on the Premiership in the opening months but as time went on his form dipped and he was heavily criticised by some sections of the British media.

"My second half of the season at United was affected by injury," he defended.

"I had to choose which games to play and that was something that I didn’t like because I want to play in every game. I want to now prove my critics wrong."

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lazio: Nobody is safe Friday 21 June, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

President Sergio Cragnotti has warned that all Lazio’s players are for sale if the right price is offered, including Alessandro Nesta.

The statement came as the board of directors increased the club’s capital and renewed their intention of cutting costs drastically next season.

“We do sell off great stars,” he admitted, “but other equally fine players will arrive.”

Some players already on their way into the Stadio Olimpico this season are Argentine international Juan Pablo Sorin, Verona’s Massimo Oddo and Chievo winger Christian Manfredini.

Alessandro Nesta’s future should be decided soon as the Italian international is back in Rome for crunch talks with Cragnotti.

“So far there has only been transfer talk, but no official bid has been made,” assured the patron following links with Juventus, Inter, Milan, Real Madrid and Manchester United.

“It almost seems as if the talk in the newspapers is placed there with the sole intent of lowering his price tag.”

The press has also been filled with bitter comments from Hernan Crespo and various others who do not seem happy at Lazio.

“Their price is not the only factor that will decide if a player stays on here,” added Cragnotti. “A star must promote the club and prove that they are close to the directors.”

“This kind of situation concerns Nesta, Crespo, Dejan Stankovic, Jaap Stam, Angelo Peruzzi and any other player that will be a part of Lazio’s future.”

“Only in this manner will we break even from next year.”

“We hope to bring in between £30m and £40m from the summer’s transfer campaign,” explained the President, “and cut the squad from 31 players to 25, three of which will be from the club youth system.”

The Biancocelesti have been suffering from financial problems in the last few years after spending big in their bid to win the Scudetto.

The club hopes to cut its costs from the 2001-02 figure of £67m to a mere £48m for next season, slicing 30% off its current outlay.

“We have always had a wide-reaching financial status,” commented Cragnotti, “that is different from other clubs. Lazio would cover losses with the value of players registered in the plus column of our accounts.”

For example, Alessandro Nesta’s price-tag of £37m is registered as a total profit in the club books as the defender was raised in their youth system and never bought off another side.

channel4 ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts