Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOUTHGATE REMAINS AS SKIPPER

Gareth Southgate will keep the skipper’s armband at Aston Villa despite slapping in a transfer request.
Villa manager John Gregory has given a ringing endorsement to his unsettled defender, who blamed the Brummies’ lack of ambition for his plea for a move at the end of last season.

“As soon as Gareth Southgate returns for pre-season training he will be installed as captain, even though he has requested to leave the club” said Gregory. “He still has the respect of the players and I know that when it comes to the crunch there’s no-one more committed” added the Villa boss on clubcall.

The Villa squad reported back this week, but Southgate has been given an extra week off to recover from his Euro 2000 exertions with England.

In his absence Paul Merson will lead the side in their Intertoto Cup debut against Czech club Marila Pribram (formerly known as Dukla Prague) on Sunday.

The Villains travel to Eastern Europe at the weekend before playing the return leg at The Hawthorns, home of neighbours West Brom, on Saturday July 22. Villa PArk is unavailable for the second match against the Czechs due to re-development work on the Trinity stand.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i heard no one has bid for southgate :D
haha
thought that if hed sulk, someone would come for him
haha
i bet he's feeling a bit stupid at the moment :D

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is so funny that no-one has offered for him! Serves the man right for betraying us!

J

·
0 Posts
I'm glad he hasn't gone but I don't think he should be captain. A player who asks to leave can't be giving his all on the pitch. Give the captainsey to Taylor. The only loyal player in the squad.

By the way did you hear that Lee Hendrie was in a car accident this morning on the way to getting on the coach with the boys. He is not hurt but he has wrote off his brand new Porsche - oh well he'll have to go and buy a new one!!!!!

Up the Villa!!!!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with you 110%, Taylor should be captain, he knows what it really means to pull on the shirt of Villa! He would also never betray the Villa in the kind of underhand low way that Southgate did!

By the way, did you see the back of the Mirror today? What a load of garbage!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts