Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are the stadiums always empty for Serie A? It never seems like there are any fans? Anyone know why?

It seems weird since Serie A is one of the best in the world...

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I think its because they have very big stadiums. You have relatively small clubs like Lecce, Bari, Chievo, (Juventus :tongue: ) all in 40,000+ seater stadia. Then you have 4 teams playing in stadia bigger than 80,000, which you can't expect to be full every game, so it's really more about creating an illusion of few fans.

In terms of average attendence they're right up there, behind only EPL and possibley the Bundesliga.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
The Ultras are out in full force..isn't that good enough?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I would rather have the Delle Alpi not even a fourth full than Moratti as our owner.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
:D

I think all the matches are on at least pay TV over in Italy now as well which doesnt help.

Anyway Roma will get an average of roughly 53,000 or so this season which is quite good for a team whcih isnt playing so great, last year it must have been higher. Inter and Milan as always will get 60,000+

In England fans go to every match no matter what. I found it unbelievable that Chelsea, Arsenal and Man utd managed to get sell out crowds in the FA Cup 3rd round against crappy teams just to go and watch their B team. I mean, whats the point of wasting £25 on them crapp matches. In the end Man U only drew 0-0 to Exeter also which was funny :D

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Isn't Juve reducing the size of their stadium? I saw that a couple years ago on a Polish football site...

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
MagicalEd said:
Thanks

Isn't Juve reducing the size of their stadium? I saw that a couple years ago on a Polish football site...
Yeah they brought the lease for the next 100 years and aim to completely refurbish the ground, it will drop the capacity to around 30,000 though.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Maybe Wider TV coverage is the cause...
I heard about a protest some players were about to make bcz they r seing less people in their stadiums!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Interista said:
Yeah they brought the lease for the next 100 years and aim to completely refurbish the ground, it will drop the capacity to around 30,000 though.
I thought the new capacity would be 42,000, while Toro's new stadium in the centre of Turin will be around 30,000.

Seems rather stange given that one of the reasons put forward by Juve for their lack of support was that the Delle Apli was too far from the city-centre. This would have been an ideal oppurtunity to rectify that, I would have thought. :eek:

·
Registered
46,435 Posts
mutu1875 said:
I thought the new capacity would be 42,000, while Toro's new stadium in the centre of Turin will be around 30,000.
New stadium for Toro? :pp No way they will use the old Comunale.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
ToniSamp said:
the new Comunale u mean?:D ... today i was in Corso Agnelli and i've saw a piece of the stadium...there is written FORZA TORO nelle gradinate :D ...so nice :rolleyes:

·
Registered
46,435 Posts
Arianna said:
the new Comunale u mean?:D ... today i was in Corso Agnelli and i've saw a piece of the stadium...there is written FORZA TORO nelle gradinate :D ...so nice :rolleyes:
It's a long time since I don't pass near the Comunale. Have they already started the works on it?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
ToniSamp said:
From what I understood, it will be a new stadium on the site of the old Comunale. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
46,435 Posts
mutu1875 said:
From what I understood, it will be a new stadium on the site of the old Comunale. Am I wrong?
No, they mantain the old structure and simply restore it, then build the 3rd ring and the roof on the stands.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts