Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course Lizarazu would be a very important player, but if there would be a chance to get Zidane, I would go with ZZ. He is, after all, the best midfielder in the world and you can never have enough of best players, can you?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I'll leavce Zizou out of the contest,because he is something REALLY big and ordinary fans like you and me should never even dare to wish about him... :)

I'll go for Bixente Lizarazu as well...

Banana Split Force!!!! (right Kafka? :))

WALK ON!!!

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lizarazu HAS to come. I'll be heartbreaken if he goes to somewhere else (except Lazio :)), and I've heard there's no way he's staying in Bayern next season.

But guys, I have a dream in which I am at Anfield for a CL game against Juventus and Zidane scores one goal and assists another one, and Liverpool wins 2-0!

As Banana Split Forcely as ever, keep on dreaming! :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Liverpool have been the source of multiple rumours this year and many see this as agood thing. Players ranging from Thatcher to ZZ have been tipped to don the beutiful red strip next year but who do you think we should buy out of the players who have been suggested.

My preference would be Lizarazu as I think that it is essential that the left back position is sorted out once and for all. He has plenty of experience and his age could be an asset as a youngster will not see his future blocked off by a superstar.

What do you think??

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
suggested to buy? don't we already buy lizarazu? i am a little confused by this thread...

by the way, my choice would go to markus babbel. together with henchoz and hyppia, they are going to be the best defenders in the world :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
It's Babbel who has signed and Lizarazu who has been heavily linked. I don't know to be honest as my pessimism see's Thatcher coming in.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Lets put this one to sleep. We want Lizerazu and behind the scenes there is an 'agreement' he will come, but we have not bought him, he has not signed anything. We will have to wait and see.

X

·
0 Posts
about the left back..there are 3 main players involved lately
lizarazu , thatcher and sergi

GH has denied the lizarazu link...about thatcher ,he is over-priced and unless wimbledon lowers this...we will then go for sergi barjuan..who i think is really gd and can operate on left wing also..so can be a back-up for berger

M

·
0 Posts
There's a bit of a problem with Sergi Barjuan. It's not impossible that he will go to Liverpool but you will have to compete with MANY of europe's top clubs to get his signature.

First of all, there are numerous spanish clubs who would be first in line should he decide to leave Barca.

Second, there is Barca themselves. They would be quite silly to let one of their best SPANISH players leave especially with the huge dutch colony they have. The fans just won't stand for it.

Third, there are the italians with their HUGE amounts of money.

Fourth, there is CHELSEA. I know that Vialli is very fond of Sergi and has tried to entice him to Stamford Brigde before. Chelsea tend to pay higher wages than any other english club AND they can offer him the London lifestyle (would you take Merseyside over London????).

Fifth, there is Bobby Robson's Newcastle. Robson was in Spain recently enquiring with Van Gaal about the availability of several Barca players. Sergi may well want to work with his old boss.

Finally, there is ManU. Don't be surprised if the Fergie bids for Sergi just to annoy you! :)

But as I said... It's not impossible that he will come to Liverpool.
He'd certainly be a FANTASTIC buy.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I really doubt a player would choose Chelsea over Liverpool,unles of course he wants to be there for the money (right Frank? :)) then I dont think that Newcastle will ever make a succesful move.Marcelino Elena was last year a hell of a defender and he ended up playing crappy even for the newcastle reserves...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

X

·
0 Posts
i'm pretty sure barca would let several players go this summer..and quite a few spanish!
sergi,luis enrique and guardiola have all been linked to moves abroad..
anyway at left back, sergi is competing with cocu and luis enrique ..and i think he's getting more often on the bench these past days..

if we get into CL, i can't see why he wouldn't choose us over chelsea or newcastle!!

as far as i can see it..newcastle is not yet CL stuff....
liverpool already is!chelsea also...
but then at chelsea ,it would be harder cos there are already 2 gd defenders if not 3 established at left back

jon harley, bayayaro and lesaux!

so if all get fit,he would find much competition there

at liverpool right now, his only real competitor would be matteo...

but i just hope we get him though..unless we go for some greater player like frand de boer!

·
THE
13,983 Posts
Amo, show me any french, italian, spanish, holland's, brazilian player, who wouldn't play in EPL for money. They all do.If they had other possibilies, they would all run away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts