Xtratime Community banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
52,306 Posts
Twice more world wide known? Is that possible? Modrić has played for Real Madrid for years, one of the 2-3 biggest clubs in the world. He was voted best player of the WC and played in the final (WC being the world's biggest sporting event). Then to boot, he also took out FIFA's PoY award. Hard to get more exposure than that for any sportsman. I'm sure more than half the world knows who he is or has at least heard of him.

Having said that, Dončić is already more well known in North America and by the time his career is done will probably go down as a legit all-time great.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Trust me, mean zero disrespect, its more about the hot name I expect Doncic to become in few years (this is the key point, I dont mean right now, but some years after Doncic becomes really huge name) . Modric is easily loveable amazing midfielder, has a had a brilliant career and is well known in the biggiest sport in the world, but despite that, he is a very very lowkey type of star, not the hyper marketable kind and not amongst the top few most iconic huge names in the game in his career. Think Messi, Ronaldo (both of them), Ronaldinho, Zidane, Beckham, Neymar that kind of eyepopping star power. People who dont even watch the sports know all of them.

Luka Doncic if he pans out, as he looks to be, and maybe wins a championship in coming 5 years, will become a insanely beyond huge name in the world of sports like those guys I mentionned. One of the biggiest, he hasnt signed a sponsorship deal with major brand yet, but when he does soon, that will up his recognizeability for sure world wide. Genius level talent and skill based basketball player, who is white, AND European (meaning cant be called just american sports guy, will have kids all over Europe and world idolizing in way they prolly havent for Nowitzki or currently Giannis).

P.S Dont fret, there's room in the world for two genius Lukas :D

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Doncic will be more popular in a few more years. He is taking the NBA league by storm. He's more marketable. Once he gets in the China market, his net worth and popularity are gonna skyrocket.

Modric is great, but he is playing on a club with 10 other stars. Nobody cares about Real Madrid unless it's a CL game or they are playing Barca. Spare me the highlights of goals against Leganes and Eibar, where half the stadium is empty.

Either way you see it, Luka Doncic is popular enough to the point where it is mandatory that you address Modric by his last name.

Fill in the blank "Just admire the greatness that is Luka ___". Ask 100 people and it will be 50/50 at least. In 2 years, it will be 90/10 in Doncic's favor.

·
Registered
64,440 Posts
Doncic will be more popular in a few more years. He is taking the NBA league by storm. He's more marketable. Once he gets in the China market, his net worth and popularity are gonna skyrocket.

Modric is great, but he is playing on a club with 10 other stars. Nobody cares about Real Madrid unless it's a CL game or they are playing Barca. Spare me the highlights of goals against Leganes and Eibar, where half the stadium is empty.

Either way you see it, Luka Doncic is popular enough to the point where it is mandatory that you address Modric by his last name.

Fill in the blank "Just admire the greatness that is Luka ___". Ask 100 people and it will be 50/50 at least. In 2 years, it will be 90/10 in Doncic's favor.
If only the world paid attention to Real like they do the Dallas Mavericks.

·
Registered
20,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Class dismissed. 😄

Shpati, stick to cigarette smuggling son. lol

·
Registered
20,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Administrator
52,306 Posts
He was on point with most of the post, but that part his inner Cule came out lol.

·
Registered
20,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I watch every Real game. Have never seen him score against those two (because he hasn't). He saves his top play and pulling the strings in leading to CL wins (4 times) and even scored in the World Club Final leading Real to another title.

Have seen him score some world class goals against the like of Man U (when they were good), Sevilla, Sociedad, etc. But he is there to pull the strings for the worlds biggest club primarily.

And we all know what he has done at Euros like the beauty vs the Turks, or the all world goal vs the Argies when Messi and co got gang raped by Luka who pulled the strings all day long on the way to the WC final and a B'allon Dor.

Albanian players? I guess they've scored a few good goals in the 4th division of the Swiss League, or maybe 5th division of the Bundesliga or wherever these hacks play.

#halamodric

41 - 49 of 49 Posts