Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the match against Ireland, I have to say the Germans have a slim chance to go far in this tournament. Mentally, they aren't tough enough. A goal they gave up in the last second was a bit ridiculous. It should never have happened in the first place. With so many defenders in the box, they still couldn't mark Robbie. Frankly, I don't rate this German team very high. I bet many of you think differently due to their previous result against Saudi Arabia. So what that they scored 8 goals in one match. Let's face it, Saudi is nobody in the world of football. I am sure other top teams can score that many goals on Saudi as well. To me, to field Jancker in the front is a bit of joke. The man hasn't played much with Bayern in the previous season. So he is rusty on the pitch. Evidently, he did miss some golden opportunities during the match against Ireland. Indeed, he isn't skillful enough to wear the national jersey at the moment in my view. If you tell me that's the best striker that Germans can offer at this stage. Then the reality is pretty sad. Thus, I wonder what Voller was thinking. Anyway, now we just have to wait and see how Cameroon will do with Saudi. If they get 3 points. Then the final match between Cameroon and Germany will be very interesting. God who knows, a bit of careless in the dying second against Ireland might have changed the fate of Germany in the WC already....

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I wonder why Neuville isn´t rebelling already.
I understood why Völler chose Jancker over Max for the WC squad, but how he can choose him over Neuville in the starting eleven is a mystery to me.

The only argument I could think about is that theory of having two different types of strikers up front, but that´s crap anyways.
If there is someone available who played a great season in Bundesliga and CL (Neuville) and someone who can´t stop scoring at the moment (Klose), I field them both.

About today´s game: Actually, about 70 minutes of that game belonged to Ireland, that draw was even undeserved for Germany I´d say.
Will be an interesting game against Cameroon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok here is my opinion on the team. To me there are two german teams right now. First, the skilliful and mentally strong one that defeated saudi arabia, and other good teams such as the usa in the run up to the world cup. And there is the lacklustre and mentally weak one that was defeated by wales and drew with ireland today. Before every game, i pray so that the former team shows up. Today it was not meant to be. Although we could have easily won had it not been because of that *#$**$# called jancker. Unlike u guys, i have never thought that this guy had any talent. The goal scoaring opportunities he misses are so blatant!!! and how about his miskicks??? Even my grandma would have done a better job. How he can get a start instead of oliver neuville or bierhoff is beyond me. I simply cannot understand the blind loyalty that Voller has for him. Ironicaly he was a fine striker himself. He should know better.
A sad german fan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts