Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One foot is in, can Bayern drag the other one in as well? 2-1 isn't a huge lead, but sure puts them in a good position when the series shift to Madrid, where their toughest task begins. The key now is how well Bayern respond to the pressure of Real. Obviously, Real will have to come out and attack, which might leave Bayern more open space in the back to expose. I figure if Bayern play the way they did in the first half of that match at Olympiastadion. Then they will be asking for trouble. Clearly, maintaining that mental toughness will be vital. Avoid silly mistakes in the back defensively. In addition, they can't just simply defend either. They need to counter attack more often and put pressure back to Real in return. Frankly, the mental pressure is on Real. They are desparate to win something this season in order to celebrate their 100th b-day. Not to mention that six defeats they suffered from Bayern. Thus, Real is the one should be nervous, not Bayern. In my view, as long as Bayern can play with determination along with smartness. I am convinced that they will continue marching on, a step closer to the Hampten Park.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I think the difference will be Hasan Salihamidzic, Real doesn't have a player in their squad that can make such a big difference to the team than him. I wonder if any team in the world has such a player :eek:...

When he came in we started playing and if he will be fielded in Madrid, then with all respect, NOTHING can happen, we will win in Madrid again, they don't stand a chance with that monkey RC against Salihamidzic, it's a two classes difference between these two players.

And once the ball is up front of even in the penalty area, with Real Madrids defence everything can happen, I wouldn't be surprised about own goals, if at least one of their 5 last men would at least be solid, but well, that is not the case.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Call me crazy, but I believe we will win in Madrid by a two goal difference :D Frank's comments make me more optimistic. you are my type of supporter, always bubbling with confidence and optimism :D I am not saying it won't be tough, but Real will be looking for that early goal and will be pushing players forward. Unlike their formation in Munich where they fielded a 4-5-1, in Madrid they will have a 4-4-2 formation. If Bayern can catch a an early goal on counter attack, it will be done business from there. In addition, these kind of late turn around wins always give Bayern the needed boast and confidence that was somewhat lacking throughout the season. Afterall, traveling to Madrid carrying a win is better than going there with a 1-1 draw :D
Thus, I am optimstic that Bayern will floor Bremen on the weekend and go on to win the tie in Madrid and march on to the semis. If you call it arrogance that is fine, I call it optimism. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you call it arrogance that is fine, I call it optimism.

Well said kal...well said....:) :) :) :)

yeah as long as we dont cave in under the early pressure we are in it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts