Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Lazio fans! :happy:

It seems as you are gonna keep your captain. But I was wondering one thing. What will your feelings be regarding Cragnotti now?

Will you salute him and think he did it great by keeping Nesta, or will you guys hate him because you simply DO NOT negotiate with other clubs for weeks about your team icon and captain, regardless if the transfer collapsed or fell through?

I´m rather interested in this aspect. Because no matter if Lazio sells Nesta or not, I believe that Cragnotti will still lose on this. He will lose important money of course, but if I was a Lazio fan I would also hate Cragnotti and then he has lost the confidence of the Lazio fans completely.

I´m sure you are all thrilled of keeping Nesta, but I find it disgusting from Crag to even negotiate and openly show that he wants to sell Nesta. It´s Nesta for crying out loud! A dude that is all Lazio and has played there in his entire career and is the captain as well.
I know I would be pissed as hell with Moratti if he ever negotiated with other teams for weeks about selling Javier Zanetti.

So what is your take on this?

·
Registered
450 Posts
For me it's pretty simple. I don't like Cragnotti for two reasons: one is that I find him to be an arrogant hipocrite, and the other is that I don't like his transfer strategies and the way he deals with the club. Having said that, he deserves a lot of credit for creating a Lazio that actually won Serie A.

If we get to keep Nesta, it would be amazing. I've been fearing his departure all summer. But it wouldn't change how I feel about Crag. He did what he always does, he let the speculation develop and probably looked to get a good enough offer.

There are those who admire Cragnotti because of what he has done for the club and always stand by him. This is understandable, but it's not for me. He may get things done, but the way he does it is disgusting.

Lazio fans would have understood ANY sale if it was to save the economy of the club, but not Nesta's. Crag created this economic mess when he sold Nedved and Veron and "replaced" them with five players (Fiore and Giannichedda in advance, Mendieta, Stam, Liverani after) that ,put together, were much more expensive but not even near as important or influential. Therefore, if he finds himself in a situation where he "has" to sell Nesta for economic reasons, he has mostly himself to blame.

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Jimmy said:
or will you guys hate him because you simply DO NOT negotiate with other clubs for weeks about your team icon and captain, regardless if the transfer collapsed or fell through?
Yes, I always hated him and I still do. But this saga has actually not affected me at all, since I am one of the few people who never even once believed that Nesta will be sold.

Nesta is OURS! Just like Maldini for Milan.

FOREVER! Just like Maldini is a one-club player.

If you think I am being arrogant in this money-crazy unpredictable footballing world, then I can't help it:D

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Well, I promised that I'll issue a public apology to Cragnotti if Nesta stays, but it seems I won't have to even if that happens, simply because Cragnotti has no merits in it. The deal with Inter will fall through only because Hector Cuper won't give up on Cristiano Zanetti. Now Cragnotti sends a plea to Juve that he wants Daavids, and Moggi will have talks with the player.

Cragnotti just seems to go from bad to worse. First he offers our symbol, Nesta to Inter in exchange for a member of Roma's 2000/2001 championship squad and then sends word to Juve that he wants a player who publicaly said that he wants to join Roma! This is just humiliating for Laziale!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Yes, there are those who still have faith in Sergio based on what he has won, but trophies won in the past can npt be the only reason one should stay in his position. If that was the case, Pulici, Wilson, Chinaglia and D'Amico(players of the 73/74 Scudetto winning team) should still be playing for us. I am very concerned about our team's future. There are too many similarities between us and Napoli with Corrado Ferlaino.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: Re: Just a simple friendly question :)

utopia said:

Nesta is OURS! Just like Maldini for Milan.

FOREVER! Just like Maldini is a one-club player.

LOL yeah !

Man, Maldini plays at Milan, a winning team..

Bergomi at Inter, a great team too

Hierro at Real, a great team..

dont just put Nesta there, cause u know that Lazio is noway close to be called a good team..

& i wonder, on the 20th of July, will u still be saying the same ? ;)

go book yourself a plane to Rome, u will have big business to do, take a few guns & i'll be guiding u to Cragnotti's home :tongue:

Best Wishes ;)

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Just a simple friendly question :)

Barby said:
on the 20th of July
And what will happen on 20th July? Lemme guess:D You will be eating your own words that day? :tongue:

Best wishes to you too my good friend:cool:

·
Registered
713 Posts
I think that however this situation ends.. it was planned to be this way... and frankly , I think that Crag is not willing to sell Nesta since he is asking the impossible (C.Zanetti is a masterpiece in Inter and Davids will NEVER join Lazio )
I don't know what he is planning tho'... he always surprise us and in this world surprises are always scary..

and you know that the fans doesn't trust Crag... this is obvious , and it's since the day he sold Signori..

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
well u never know in the end of the day Lazio might just lose nesta
lazio needs the funds 2 pay off both man utd and valencia
and 2 my knowledge they are a plc so they when $27 million is put on the table it will be really hard 2 refuse untill and unless ur chairman has completly lost it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts