·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should we buy him if we can?
he is a central defender and plays with
Vasco da Gama in brazil
he was a starter in the WC in france.
He's still in the national team but i don't know if he starts every game.
He's tall and heavy and has a good header i like to compare him to Keown but JB might also be faster.....
I think we need a good central defender for cover or replacement of Keown and Adams.
Not as expensive as english defenders, he might be like 4 or 5$ dollars not that bad for a brazilian international!

D

·
0 Posts
Could possibly be a good choice. He'll pair up well with Silvinho, but he's left-back, so Arsenal will need to buy another Brazilian centre-back. And Dida as goalkeeper?

·
International
8,545 Posts
Are you guys kidding? No offence, but that guys sh*t. He may be good at headers, but he's crap in defence. I thought he was one of the worst defenders at France98. I can't believe he's on the Brazilian NT.

I read something once that goes like this:

"If that's Junior Baiano, I'd hate to Senior"

Ain't that the truth.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
having jb would be better than having nothing right?
and to have heading abilities is one of the most important things in defence. look at all the best defenders...stam, campbell, adams, keown, blanc, desailly, hierro...

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
junior baiano is not a good defender and i think he's not the type for epl.
but who cares said arsene wenger and put him on his transfer list
Arsene wenger:"as long he's not from england i don't mind,i hate english football so i hope to invade the country with foreigners"

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
whoa nick man
wats so wrong with wenger buying foreigners? all big clubs are buying foreigners. arsenal already has the top english defenders, adams and keown, so who else are they going to buy? barry from villa was on the wanted list, hes english. face it, all the top english defenders wont be sold, southgate, campbell, the only option is to buy foreigners.

one message to wenger
KONTERMAN can leave for 5M
BUY HIM NOW

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i just think arsene wenger is bad for arsenal i would prefer roy hodgson as the new
coach.and thenn start to buy some more english players.
look at leeds they have played very good without any huge stars.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
don't forget morris,isn't he a youngster?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
the reason why leeds hasnt won the championship this season, is i think because their squad wasnt big enough, and this close season, o'leary is buying foreigners, dacourt, jancker, viduka...they're gettable, and theyre very good players. there arent many very good gettable english players.

leeds huge stars: kewell, bowyer, woodgate, martyn, radebe (or maybe future huge stars)

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

D

·
0 Posts
It seems with Leeds in the end, that you can't win it with kids. But theyv'e put on a very good effort this season, maybe the CL comes too soon for such a young crop of players.

And what is wrong with foreigners?, all the big teams these days win big prizes, because they have foreigners. Man Utd have only 1 world-class player that is English, Beckham of cousre, Keane,Giggs,Stam, world-class players, but theyr'e foreigners.
And I don't even want to start with Liverpool and Chelsea, or Arsenal.

And not only EPL teams, Juventus,Barcelona,Milan, all rely heavily on their foreigners.

If not Baiano to replace Keown,Adams, etc, who else then?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
it isn't wrong with foreigners but it isn't good if the team has only foreigners.
if arsenal wins the uefa cup its not because of their team just their money.
i dont really mind if wenger buy junior baiano but im worrying about the national teams future.
when players like pearce,ince and wice are called up again im wondering what the problem is.
the youth players are sitting on the bench in every great team and the foreigners are playing regulary.
it's the same thing in italy and both national teams are playing bad for the moment and will play much worse in the future.i just hope arsenal don't buy any more foreigners,let the youth players play instead.
arsenal won the uefa cup in 1994 and i can't
see any resemblance of the team back then and the current one.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
wenger has said that he would like to try to use some youngsters next season, graham barrett and ashley cole. arsenal just doesnt have the best youth system around, so they need to buy foreign, unlike leeds, man u and liverpool. at least chelsea has harley

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
708 Posts
The player to replace Keown or Adams: RIO FERDINAND. Admiittedly, he has had a medicore season, but imagine him under Wenger's tactical tutelage and man to man coaching. Rio is elegant with the ball at his feet, quick, and level headed.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Arsenal has NO chance of getting Rio Ferdinand.
1. he plays for west ham, who are city rivals
2. redknapp doesnt want to sell
3. he will probably go to man u or overseas

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
have you not heard about milans huge interest for rio ferdinand!!
i would be fun with some new english players in serie a.
the last english player in serie a was lee sharpe,and he was a big flop.
now he's playing for the b-team bradford.
i prefer rio or sol maybe even kieron dyer.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
have you not heard about milans huge interest for rio ferdinand!!
i would be fun with some new english players in serie a.
the last english player in serie a was lee sharpe,and he was a big flop.
now he's playing for the b-team bradford.
i prefer rio or sol maybe even kieron dyer.

D

·
0 Posts
And most Italian players in the EPL have been a flop too. Like Ravanelli for instance and Lombardo. Zola has had some sucesses, but has not been world-class with Chelsea, he was better in his days with Parma.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
you must understand one thing!!!
the italian who arre going to italy are very old or just losers.
baiano a former star in epl,is now playing in ternana(loser team from serie b)
ravanalli wasn't good when he left for boro and now when he plays for lazio he's a sub mostly.
lombardo was also out and hasn't played in national team since 1997 or something,he took the chance to become playing manager in crystal palace,now he's just a sub like ravanelli in lazio.
zola and vialli was old,but both has played very good in epl anyway.
mostly of the englishmen in italy was huge stars,before playing in italy and after playing in italy,so we don't buy too many losers,just great players.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Di Canio is great now at WH
Tramezani of the Spurs was once great now he plays with Pisteonese in serie B
I also think that Casiraghi could have been great to.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
yeah just what i said,di canio was a crap in italy now he's one of the stars in epl.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts