Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faced with the unattractive prospect of being a reserve in a second division outfit, Atlético Madrid’s Juninho now looks set to accept Aston Villa’s offer after the two clubs agreed terms.

After their first bid was deemed too low by Atlético, Villa have increased their offer to £6.7 million (€10.8m) for the Brazilian international, who recently returned to Madrid after a loan spell with Middlesbrough.

Given that Atlético coach Fernando Zambrano has already said that Juninho does not figure in his plans, the 27-year-old will be immensely satisfied that his future now appears to lie with a top English club.

“I hope that the two clubs reach an agreement soon and that the transfer can take place. Aston Villa are prepared to accept Atlético’s demands,” said Juninho’s father, Osvaldo Giroldo, who acts as his agent.

After resembling a yo-yo over recent seasons, bouncing between Atlético and Middlesbrough, Juninho has said on various occasions that his major desire is to be settled at a club over a long period.

He had a brilliant first stay with Atlético, whom he joined from Middlesbrough in 1997, but then his star waned when he fell foul of the club’s Italian coach Arrigo Sacchi and he was eventually loaned back to the English club during last season.

St. M.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bashing Backham

David Beckham is not only set to become the second highest paid footballer in the world - he has also topped a list of the most-fancied footballers according to a gay website.

The Manchester United winger who lopped off his blond locks last season has still proved a major hit among thousands of men.

Becks came tops finishing ahead of such talent as Michael Owen, David Ginola and - somewhat surprisingly – Eric Cantona.

Beckham won due to an enigmatic ombination of ‘wistfulness’ and ‘misbehaviour at crucial moments’.

Wife Victoria’s views on the nomination are not known as yet.

A.C.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Aston Villa's coach John Gregory said his team is not close to sign Juninho for his team, like newspapers are suggesting.
"Every year there are these talks that we are going to sign some players, but Juninho is not on my list. I haven't spoken with Atlético, Juninho or his father about a transfer. There are always some journalists who love to invent some stuff" declared Gregory.

Too bad, i almost thought we had made some money to buy Gómez. PLease buy him :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts