Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our final friendly before the Euro Cup takes place in Santander against the USA. Luis is still tinkering with the starting line up and we dont have Iniesta for this game as he's out with injury but will be fine for the Euro Cup, which means Cesc will probably replace him and he's due for a good game. Luis confirmed he will will replace Marchena with Albiol for this game, hopefully it works because our defense was just garbage against Peru.

----------Casillas------

-Ramos--Puyol--Albiol--Capdevila-

----------Alonso--------

----Cesc--Xavi--Silva--

-----Torres---Villa----

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Cesc replacing Iniesta is stupid IMO, especially considering the position that moon glow plays for Spain. Sergio Garcia should be in the lineup instead IMO. Also Senna should be chosen ahead of Alonso or else Luis has not learnt absolutely anything from 2006 and the lack of balance in the side when they played France.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
i think we could give albeloa 45 mins , let ramos has some rest before euro

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
No offense but if Spain can't beat the USA they might as well give up...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Iniesta is out of this game. Dracula is sick, the flu I believe.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I don't think this game will mean anything when it comes about knowing who will play next Tuesday against Russia.

This is just a test and I wouldn't read much in it.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
No offense but if Spain can't beat the USA they might as well give up...
Offense taken.:moan:

but seriously I can understand you saying that but USA are not given enough credit. Sure this probably can't even be considered our full A team but we are still just as good as Mexico. Certainly you wouldn't say the same thing about Mexico would you?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Cesc replacing Iniesta is stupid IMO, especially considering the position that moon glow plays for Spain. Sergio Garcia should be in the lineup instead IMO. Also Senna should be chosen ahead of Alonso or else Luis has not learnt absolutely anything from 2006 and the lack of balance in the side when they played France.
:howler:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Iniesta is out of this game. Dracula is sick, the flu I believe.
Yep, not enough blood, he's feeling weak. lol..

I also heard Villa is out with an injury, could also be out for the first game against Russia. This is bad news.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I don't think this game will mean anything when it comes about knowing who will play next Tuesday against Russia.

This is just a test and I wouldn't read much in it.
Yeah but I think we should already have a set lineup and be testing it out in these games. What's the point of a friendly if he's going to test a lineup which he will probably never use in the Euro cup. I just don't see the point. I agree that these games allow the coach to look at some of the other players like Cazorla, Guiza, etc... but we should also be getting ready for the Russia game.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts

but seriously I can understand you saying that but USA are not given enough credit. Sure this probably can't even be considered our full A team but we are still just as good as Mexico. Certainly you wouldn't say the same thing about Mexico would you?

No insult to the U.S, but I think it's a fair assessment to say "we should win". The U.S is definately a good team on par with some of the teams we will meet in the first round. I think what we are all trying to say is that if we cannot beat the U.S at home, then we really have no chance at a Euro cup where we will be playing against as strong or better opposition.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Villa:proud:

He doesn't wanna have a good euro so he can stay at the club:pp

·
Banned
5,292 Posts

Sorry for offending. I would say the same thing about Mexico. I know the USA has some very good players like Donovan & Adu but on paper Spain should win easily.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The squad is hammered with injuries. Villa and Iniesta are definitely out, Torres is probably and Silva is doubtful.

I just really hope we get Villa back for the Russia game, Torres is unreliable.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lineup:

----------Casillas-----------

--Ramos--Puyol--Marchena--Capdevila--

----------Alonso------

---Cazorla--Xavi--Cesc----

------Torres----Silva----

1 - 20 of 43 Posts