Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
17,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My line-up:

More structure than last game despite good performance by Perrotta. Panucci not sure I'd reinclude due to athleticism of France but I put him just to avoid putting a question mark.

----------------Toni-----------------
--Cassano---------------Camoranesi-
--------De Rossi----Aquilani----------
---------------Pirlo (f.r.)-------------
-Grosso--Chiellini--Panucci--Zambrotta
---------------Buffon----------------

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
We should play France like how Holland did...beat them on the counter, which I assume Italians know how to do, right?:rollani:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Based on France's midfield today, Domenech made a huge mistake not including Flamini, he would have done much better in Makelele's place. If Toulalan and Makelele play again in the Italy match I think we definitely need both Gattuso and De Rossi to deal with them. Aquilani would get squashed.

·
Registered
17,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm tired of Italy playing with one leg, handicapped. Let the ball flow. I don't care for the rest anymore.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
The best formation imo

....................... Buffon..................

Zambrotta..............Panucci............Chelleni...........Grosso

......................De Rossi..........Pirlo...........Aquilani

Camoranesi

.................... Cassano Toni

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
We should play France like how Holland did...beat them on the counter, which I assume Italians know how to do, right?:rollani:
I would say that Holland beat everyone as Italians usually do, but not vice versa.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Who cares, we are out. Holland will lose against Romania.
I agree with you. If I were Van Basten, I would definitely let Romania win. It's always better to face Romania than Italy in play-offs.
Assuming Italy can win against France (which I really really doubt), we will have to hope that Holland will play for their fans and score couple of wonder-goals (without conceding more than they score). In addition, some B-team players might be ambitious enough to try to show Van Basten their worth.

·
Administrator
53,216 Posts
Huntelaar will play and will have a point to prove in getting into the starting eleven, and he is as lethal as they come. But yeah he would need others to create for him, and they wont care for much for the game, prolly a walk over.

But out or not, win against France is a must.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Huntelaar, not to mention Robben and Affelay perhaps. Van Persie?

Or would he not risk plastic Robben too?

Romania will win. Man this is so sad.

·
Registered
33,708 Posts
Who cares, we are out. Holland will lose against Romania.
We must beat France:fero:

I'd go with Camel's line-up except I'd put a more dirty warrior in midfield instead of Aquilani. Perrotta, Gattuso, Ambrosini aren't at their best though :stress:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Aquilani is no lightweight, he's strong and scrappy like all those romans. He's dominated bulls like Vieira, Diarra and others in midfield. Including my boys Rino and Ambro on many occasions going back 3 years! I don't see Aquilani playing 1 second in this whole ordeal tho. Love Italy, we don't let our young stars explode like Cassano, Aquilani, Rosina, Beppe Rossi and the rest.

Should have called up Ravanelli.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
It would be a fitting finale if the world champion and vice-champion have to go to penalty shootout to determine the third team in the group...

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Play the reserves because Romania will beat Holland for sure.

but being serious... I would play almost the same as today, but with Cassano for Camoranesi and Gattuso for Perrotta.

1 - 20 of 451 Posts