Zambrotta-----Barzagli-------Chiellini-------Grosso

-------De Rossi--------Pirlo--------Aquilani-------

Camoranesi-------------------------------Cassano
-----------------------Toni-----------------------

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
My team would be:

Buffon; Zambrotta, Gamberini, Chiellini, Grosso; De Rossi, Pirlo, Aquilani; Camoranesi (or Del Piero), Toni, Cassano.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
If Donadoni starts Gattuso and Ambro instead of the Roma midfielders I will simply not watch this match.

·
Registered
34,484 Posts
----------------------Buffon--------------------

Zambrotta----Gamberini-------Chiellini-------Grosso

-------De Rossi--------Pirlo--------Aquilani-------

Camoranesi-------------------------------Cassano
-----------------------Toni----------------------

I never want to see barzagli, matrix partnership and ambro in the starting XI.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Well its simple really... one team finished 5th with that midfield, another finishes 2nd and one goes to the QF of the CL... and considering the current form of the players is the key... Donadoni was simply stupid to play all the players of the Milan midfield.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
----------- Aquilani -- De Rossi
Camoranesi ------------------- Di Natale
-------------Del Piero/Cassano
------------------Toni

It's not been tested, but it couldn't get much worse than tonight at the same time.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Extension or not, Donadoni is gone if we get eliminated in the group stages. A sane man would make serious changes, but his moves in the 2nd half along with his starting line-up show this man may well put the same starting XI against Romania.

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Interesting that everyone so far has chosen Cassano for the left attacking role. How about Del Piero? He got himself into two decent goalscoring opportunities today. The guy didnt finish top goalscorer for nothing. Not that I have anything against Cassano. Perhaps start him ahead of Camoranesi.

Also, it would be madness to consider starting Chiellini and Gamberini together.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting that everyone so far has chosen Cassano for the left attacking role. How about Del Piero? He got himself into two decent goalscoring opportunities today. The guy didnt finish top goalscorer for nothing. Not that I have anything against Cassano. Perhaps start him ahead of Camoranesi.

Also, it would be madness to consider starting Chiellini and Gamberini together.
ADP could shoot but never score in this NT

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
no

fristly if u can tell me how barzagli is better then chiellni or gamberini then let me know..not..cos he isnt

i think barzagli has bought his way into this nt with very little basis

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
-------De Rossi--------Pirlo--------Aquilani

Cassano-------------------------------Del Piero
----------------------Toni[/QUOTE]

This should definetly be your line-up for upcoming Romania game, but it won't be. Why? Because if Donadoni would think that problem tonight was in midfield, then he would make some changes in midfield and not in attack. IMO

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I will only totally blame Donadoni for keeping faith in too many old players, but seriously guys we need to be real... this team was never going to be good enough to win 2008... even with the intoduction of the Roma midfield and so on, it is too soon for the youngsters and too late for the old guys.

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
It would be unwise to just throw the duo of Chiellini and Gamberini together. I very much doubt Donadoni will do that anyway. Sure, Barzagli and Matrix didnt have the best game together but it's not a simple solution of throwing in two inexperienced centre backs that havent really played with each other. I think one should be changed.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
-------De Rossi--------Pirlo--------Aquilani

Cassano-------------------------------Del Piero
----------------------Toni

This should definetly be your line-up for upcoming Romania game, but it won't be. Why? Because if Donadoni would think that problem tonight was in midfield, then he would make some changes in midfield and not in attack. IMO

right..realistic line-up

------------------Buffon
-Zambo-----Barzagli-------Chiellini------Grosso
--------Gattuso-----Pirlo-----DDR
-----Camo-----------------------Di Natale
--------------------Toni

1 - 20 of 589 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.