Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
A true hero
31,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Six years ago, my beloved Hull City were in League two, coming off about 8 straight seasons of fighting off relegation to the conference, in debt, with a shit stadium and the eternal butt of jokes about being the biggest city in Europe to never have tasted top flight football (or come anywhere near). After todays 2-0 away win over Watford in the playoff semi finals, we stand two games away from potentially our third promotion in five seasons and the promised land of the premiership. With players who were mostly with us in league one, and even in league two, like Ian Ashbee. As biased as I am in this case, it's really a potential fairytale, for everything to happen over the past five years to the club is amazing, new stadium, 25,000 fans a week and close to premiership football for a club who were only really known outside of England for having a really bad home strip 15 years ago.

COME ON YOU TIGERS!!:fero::fero::fero::fero:

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
good luck Rob.

its nice to see a team fights from nowhere to the big show, it showes that football never knows who big and who is small, its about who give it all and get lucky, or who just waste.

:thmbup:

·
A true hero
31,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well to be honest it looks like either us or Bristol City in the prem, and we'd both struggle like hell in the prem, but who knows. If we get the right players in with the money, we could pull a Getafe.

·
A true hero
31,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two takeovers, first by Adam Pearson who ended up at Derby, he jumped the ship at Leeds to take over at our place, got us Peter Taylor as manager and the council built a new stadium. Two promotions in two years. Then he sold to a consortium who I think are pretty rich but I guess we'll find out.

We haven't exactly bought our way to the top, we've spent a bit getting there (obviously to retool that fast you need to), but most of our stars are cheap and although we've brought in the odd marquee player (Barmby, Parlour for a bit, Danny Mills, Okocha), only Barmby has really worked out.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
The only games Hull/Bristol City and Stoke will even get points from next season is against each other. They're gonna be so far out of their depth IMO.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
I actually really like Hull, but I really like Gary Johnson as well so I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Maybe go for Hull just to see if its possible for Rob to actually lose his temper on XT ;)

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
How many fans did Hull get when they were shit? Not having a go or owt, just genuinely curious...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
fairytale, this is nothing compared to if Roma win the scudetto next week :eek: :pp

BTW, it would be nice to see Hull in the EPL, but its clear that they would need to sign a fair few players if they did go up.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Hi Rob, how you doing mate?

I am from Jordan - Amman, I did my masters in law in Hull university and stayed there for about a year and a half, can't say a year and a half in heaven but I had some real nice times in there. All the luck dude for Hull City, I still miss Cottingham and the chinese resturant where all the great fights occur:D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
The only games Hull/Bristol City and Stoke will even get points from next season is against each other. They're gonna be so far out of their depth IMO.

I hope all of them, or at least a couple of them, take points away from Arsenal. :hopeful:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
How many fans did Hull get when they were shit? Not having a go or owt, just genuinely curious...
Well, would you honestly have wanted to go to Boothferry Park? I've been following Hull since they were in the old Division 3 (mostly because I randomly managed them in Champ Man 99/00). Once the KC Stadium opened up, they started getting good crowds, even when they were in the leagues below the Championship.

And Fraizer Campbell has been huge.

UP THE TIGERS!

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Fcuk Hull.

I'm sick of shit like Wigan, Reading and Middlesbrough in the top tier, can't be doing with Hull in there too.

Bring back Ipswich, the two Sheffield clubs, Forest, Wolves, and dare I say it... Leeds.:)eek:)

I know, I know they're a bunch of Munich-singing, inbred, sheep molesting ****s, and really they deserve to stay where they are and rot, but I'd rather play them twice a year than bleedin' Hull.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts