Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys even know who he is? :D

Roma GK, this season has been abssolutely awesome. He is like 31 y/o and moved from 3rd choice to 1st choice after outstanding displays. The hero of both derbies. He should get called if we consider that Doni (our 2nd choice) is currently in your squad. Why isnt football this logical? :pp

I probably jinxed him now and he will **** up tonight.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Do you guys even know who he is? :D
Yeah, we know. After Taddei and Doni, Roma went and signed Julio Sergio.
I gotta tell you Deano, Roma's Brasilian scout sucks balls. :D

Why isnt football this logical? :pp
Well, back when Doni was still Roma's starter he was called up for a Copa America and played very well, earning Dunga's trust. That trust is what's keeping Doni's chances of playing the WC alive. Currently I wouldn't take Doni, but to be honest I wouldn't have taken Doni to that Copa America either...

I'm personally hoping we take Gomes and Victor to be Julio Cesar's reserves. Julio Cesar is a decent keeper, but being better than Doni is faint praise indeed. :mute:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If we consider that Julio Sergio was signed as 3rd choice, it isnt that the scouts really suck that much, and Taddei has been integral part of Spalletti system for 4 years and now is appreciated by Ranieri. Julio Sergio became 1st choice after 4 years or so, and to be brutally honest, has been absolutely magnificent. Ask any Serie A follower, not just Romanisti.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I know, I'm just messing with you. ;) I've watched Julio Cesar play this season, and he surprised me positively. But Roma's Brasilian scouts do have a thing for underrated/not-so-prestigious players. Probably because of the Fabio Junior trauma, when you bought the hype surrounding a one-season wonder and wasted shitloads of money; after that fiasco, nobody can blame Roma for doubting hype and going after players that the media doesn't pay attention to.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supposedly Roma have sent scouts to Argentina also now, probably trying to turn into a little Argentina like Napoli, but historically we are mini-Brazil and Napoli are mini-Argentina :D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Supposedly Roma have sent scouts to Argentina also now, probably trying to turn into a little Argentina like Napoli, but historically we are mini-Brazil and Napoli are mini-Argentina :D
And it's only natural that Roma's superior taste in players leads directly to having a richer trophy cabinet than Napoli. :shades:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thumbsup: Apart from Aldair, we had several players in our scudetto season 01. Cafu, Zago, Emerson, Assuncao (back-up though) in the starting team with Aldair :cool:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Yup, that was a true colony. I wonder if they ever had a "batucada" between themselves (partying with drums, as lots of Brasilians do before and after football matches). Then again, Zago doesn't really strike me as a batucada lover.

[tub]prIbnVjbrLw[/tub]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts