Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
not sure if he will go
5th argentina place between, saviola, cruz, palacios and aguero.

·
Banned
503 Posts
cruz has no chance, he's not good enough at international level.

anybody who's ever seen aguero play will know he's going, as i predicted months ago.

this means saviola and palacio will miss out unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
el rulo said:
cruz has no chance, he's not good enough at international level.

anybody who's ever seen aguero play will know he's going, as i predicted months ago.

this means saviola and palacio will miss out unfortunately.
lol, i think its between saviola and palacios.
palacios would have been picked for croatia frienldy, if not injured.
he was also contacted by argentina national team doctor to know of his injury, as they are following him very much.

saviola is scoring again, but not playing gr8.
cruz is agood player, but even i feel he may miss out, i hope he does well in championleague vs villareal.

aguero will not go.

·
Registered
504 Posts
people dont like Cruz because hes not flashy but i dont care about that as long as he scores,i mean he scored in his 1st game w/ Argentina in only 1 half.

Its between him and Milito for the spot to backup Crespo..i like Milito tho but i wont be dissapointed if Cruz gets picked.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
ArgBoca said:
people dont like Cruz because hes not flashy but i dont care about that as long as he scores,i mean he scored in his 1st game w/ Argentina in only 1 half.

Its between him and Milito for the spot to backup Crespo..i like Milito tho but i wont be dissapointed if Cruz gets picked.
i do agree, julio cruz will get u that crucial equalising goal or will do well as a sub if u need to send balls in the air.
i do agree milito is a better dribbler, but as a striker wwe dont need a dribbler, we have messi, tevez and aimar who can do all the dribbling in the build up. cruz will get in great positions to finish off the job. crespo hasnt scored in his past 5 6 games, so he not in great fdorm, and hasntbeen that great all season.
milito is good but come on zaragoza in bottom half of table.
cruz is only argetnine striker in champions league(other tham messi)
although qatar match was bullshit, cruz did what he does best come on and score. i do agree people dont like him cos he's not your typical south americal skillfull player, but still, he is better than adriano this season, and i know adriano would get in the argentina 1st 11

·
Registered
526 Posts
dammage7 said:
he is better than adriano this season, and i know adriano would get in the argentina 1st 11
Adriano has been absolutely woeful. I don't think this argument helps Cruz's case.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
lulletc said:
Adriano has been absolutely woeful. I don't think this argument helps Cruz's case.
but adriano still likely to start in world cup
i guess its like crespo, who also been wofeul this season. but will start in world cup.

·
Banned
503 Posts
crespo hasn't been woeful dammage, you keep saying it, hoping everyone will believe it, but it's a downright lie. his goals-per-minutes ratio is the best in the prem this season. try and allow your tiny mind to absorb that fact. he is the darling of the chelsea fans, they absolutely love him.

cruz is not international class. he is a good goalscorer but he has no chance of being in the squad. he lacks mobility, which is essential at the very top level. aguero is better than palacio and saviola, great players that they are.

the simple fact is, aguero is a very special player, one that comes along v rarely. we are lucky to have him and messi at the same time. however many minutes they are given, aguero will make a bigger impact than saviola, palacio and cruz put together, and most argentines agree with this.

trust me, aguero is going.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
crespo hasnt scored for 6-7 games now.
saviola is finally scoring the goals , go another one today, hopefully, he'l do enough to get on the plane.

im not saying crespo is crap, he is not as good aas he was 2 years ago, and every year his level drop from now.
dont forget batistuta last world cup, we all loved him , he is a legend, and looikng back , maybe he should not have started in world cup. i just dont want to look back on this world cupo if we fail and say"crespo should not have started".

from what i have heard aguero is an awesome talent. if that was the case, maybe he should start for argeina in world cup over crespo, id approve of it.

all im saying is pekerman should not rely solely on past performaces. he needs to mix good expereincew players(zanetti, ayal, sorin, sameul, kily) with better younger talewnt (messi, tevez, aguero) etc

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
i also like to praise veron and cambiasso. the played really well together and at this moment i would rate them a better combination than mascherao and riquelme, altho.

ps verons C.V. says something, hes played in big games, won leagues in italy, england, won italian cups, uefa cup, euro super cup. hopefuly he can win the championsleague with rest of arg inter players.

·
Banned
503 Posts
i agree with you that aguero may be a threat to crespo's starting position. tevez and messi's starting places should be assured but crespo caannot assume he is in the starting team alongside them.

however your assertion that veron and cambiasso make a better duo than roman and mascherano is simply absurd in the extreme.

i have always found your insistence that cruz and kily should make the squad as amusing, but you have surpassed yourself here.

veron? thank god you're not the manager.

even if inter win the champs league, i would buy him a plane ticket for the country furthest from germany and make sure he goes there for the summer.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Veron and Cambiasso have been playing together for almost 2 years , they have a great understanding with each other. IMHO they would be your best central midfield duo.

Cruz is also a fantastic player, he is not flashy but he can score. He has also developed a knack for comming off the bench and scoring important goals, which is what you want in a 4th/5th striker.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
veron has been the best arg midfielder thisyear, maybe tie with riquelme

in terms of the past month, best arg players in europe for me have been cambassi, zanetti, veron, lucho and saviola

also the more i read argentinian press the more it looks like that
colo may even start in the world cup. and that zantti does notlook like going to world cup aswell. we know zanetti is not as good as he was, but he still beter in my mind that scaloni. sameul has been demoted to the bench now for inter but i dont think this should affect his world cup chances.

no doubt tho my biggest concern is that the 1st 11 dont have a complete undertanding of each other as they havent played togther for 13 months and altho we may beat ivory coast, i expect a disjointed team.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Roman2k said:
Veron and Cambiasso have been playing together for almost 2 years , they have a great understanding with each other. IMHO they would be your best central midfield duo.

Argentina's best central midfield due are Lucho and Mascherano(if healthy) if not, I would take Almeyda back over Cambiasso! Demi should start and Cambiasso should always be the last option.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Pooh said:
Argentina's best central midfield due are Lucho and Mascherano(if healthy) if not, I would take Almeyda back over Cambiasso! Demi should start and Cambiasso should always be the last option.
both games where demi played in def mid, we conceded 3 goals(6 in total). altho he is an excellenf player for bayern i dont hink hes adjusted to argentina national team yet.

cambiasso is not a pure defensice midflde, if u watch him for inter he is much more attacking and is involved alo tin the build up, and gets in teh box alot from open play.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Good point, Cambiasso is not a pure defensive midfielder. He can tackle and defend but he can also get forward and create/scores goals. Cambiasso has been so effective up-field that there has actually been talk of using him in a more offensive role. :eekani:

Anyway, I rate him as one of the best box to box midfielders in Serie A. He can do everything, a very well rounded player.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Ariel Ortega is hoping to claim a place in Argentina's World Cup squad.

The 32-year-old, who has played in the last three World Cups, believes that he has a slim chance of representing his country in Germany this summer after some impressive club performances.

Currently playing for Newell's Old Boys in his native Argentina, he has also been linked with a return to former club River Plate, where he began his career.

Renowned for his temperamental personality, Ortega has insisted that he deserves a place in the World Cup squad.

"I am realistic and know that it's very difficult but I still have the ambition to play at the World Cup," he said.

"I am playing very well at the moment, but I know that it is the coach who makes the decision and he already has his players.

decision and he already has his players.

"There are players in the squad who haven't done anything and others who are there because they have played well a couple of times and the press want them in the team.

"I haven't been in touch with the coach or his assistants but I hope that when I am it is because I have been called into the team.

"My opinion is that Argentina have the best players in the world, so I hope that when the World Cup comes they can show what they are capable of when it really matters."

I 100% totally agree with the statement i have highlighted.

players like crespo, colocinni, ponzio, scaloni, micho, lets ne honest have been average. alot of people praise bilos and palacios and auero, but in the argentinian lague ortega has been just as good.

from what i seen the arg press want argeuro, palacios, gago, and maybe bilos to go. and othre players are micho, whose lost 2 games with argetnina,colconni, cost us last 2 friendlies,

a good coach never falls to the pressure of the press ie eriksonn, parreira, bielsa.

What do others think of ortegas comments, not mine.?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Cruz wants Argentina call Friday 12 May, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter striker Julio Cruz is hopeful that his fine form for the Italian club this season will result in a World Cup place.

Although the player has limited international experience – he’s only been called up twice – the former Bologna man believes he has a chance of travelling to Germany.

“I don’t know what is being said back home, but I want to be selected for the World Cup,” stated the newly crowned Coppa Italia winner.

“It is the dream of all players to appear in that competition and that is the case for me too,” he continued.

“The fact that I have only been picked twice by [boss] Jose Pekerman means nothing. I know that he is a serious Coach and won many important things already.”

The ex-Feyenoord man has enjoyed his most prolific season in Italy this term and is hungry for Nerazzurri success.

Although he was wanted by a host of top European clubs, he recently put pen to paper on a new San Siro deal.

“I had offers from Roma, Fiorentina and a Spanish club, but I am going to stay at Inter,'' he revealed.

''I am under contract until 2008 and Inter are one of the best teams in the world. Personally, you can make all your dreams come true here.

''I am sure that we will win the Scudetto next year.”

channel4

1 - 20 of 43 Posts