Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Julio Cesar seeks Sociedad return

Thursday 2nd May 2002

Brazilian defender Julio Cesar is keen to return to Real Sociedad after a nightmare spell at Benfica.

The former Real Madrid central defender initially warmed to life in Lisbon but after a spell out with injury, he has failed to win a place in the first team and is keen on moving back to Spain as soon as possible.

"I don't know what will happen, and I don't want much talk about it, but what I just know is that I don't want to continue at Benfica," said Julio Cesar.

"At the beginning I played a lot of games but I had to stop playing because of an injury. Now I don't play and I'm fit. I don't want to talk any further but I don't want to stay in Lisbon next season.

"I would like to play for Real Sociedad again," he added. "I have great memories of the club, people and city, and I think that it would be great to return. Even my dentist is in San Sebastian."

The Brazilian has changed his tune considerably since claiming that he was happy to continue playing for the Portuguese club on 10 April. "Benfica is now my club and I expect to play here until the end of contract," he said then.

Julio Cesar joined Benfica on a two-year contract in July 2001 after repeatedly turning down loan moves to the club.

He has clearly not settled to life in Portugal as well as his former Sociedad team-mate Edgaras Jankauskas who has made it absolutely clear that he wants a permanent move to Benfica as soon as his Spanish club are sure of their top-flight status.

onefootball

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
The constant mental lapses that cost us several wins and a few losses may have had something to do with the "it", but I'm just guessing here.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Ship his candy-ass out of here along with Enke! And don't forget to include Pessaresi as well :mad:

Why I oughta......

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
"Mr. Cesar, I'd like to introduce you to the door........"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts