Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't care what anyone say's, Julio Cesar is the best keeper in the world right now. :stuckup:

Julio just broke the Brazilian NT record for a keeper for most minutes without conceding a goal.

Never has a bad match.

Makes crucial saves week in-week out, year after year, yet never gets praise he deserves when top keepers are discussed.

Casillas is great but his biggest weakness is crosses, Julio could teach him a few things on how to deal with high balls. Buffon has started struggling with injuries, sucks at penalties and isn't the player he was a few years ago. Van der Sar in his old age has started making more and more mistakes.

Julio Cesar is the complete package, athleticism, shot stopping, skill, composure.

:star:All hail Julio Cesar the unsung hero of this Inter squad!:star:

I wouldn't swap him for any keeper in the world.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Grande Julio Cesar!!!!!

Great to have him in this team, he is sooooo solid.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Excellent keeper, although I'd take the top three of Casillas, Buffon, and Cech over him with my eyes closed, and then likely a couple more. Very good all around though, and no glaring weaknesses like some others have.

·
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent keeper, although I'd take the top three of Casillas, Buffon, and Cech over him with my eyes closed, and then likely a couple more. Very good all around though, and no glaring weaknesses like some others have.
Casillas I can understand, he really is awesome. However taking an injury plagued Buffon at this stage in his career over Julio Cesar is nuts. Cech is also slightly overrated. Everyone seems to overlook the terrible Euro he had. I mean he was really horrid.

As I said Julio Cesar doesn't get the praise he deserves, hasn't had a bad match for as long as I can remember and delivers week in week out with critical saves.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
How did Cech have a horrid Euro?

He was outstanding against Turkey, and made save after save against Portugal.

·
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did Cech have a horrid Euro?

He was outstanding against Turkey, and made save after save against Portugal.
He was horrid against Turkey. His howler for second Turkish goal cost the Czech's the match.

First goal he should have saved as well he was, beaten near post from the edge of the area.

Second goal Turkish goal was a complete howler on Cech's part, dropped a cross right to the Turkish players feet. Cech was 100% to blame for the goal and it turned the match.

The third Turkish goal was nice, not much Cech could do although he came out a little to soon and was caught in no-mans land.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I also think Cech is very overrated. He's never been the same after that injury.

Julio Cesar certainly had a better season than Buffon last year. Julio Cesar doesn't have enough legacy compared to Buffon, but that will change very soon. :)

At the moment, Julio Cesar is better than Buffon.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Roman2k - I don't think he's the best in the world, but without a doubt he's top 3. Him, Buffon and Cassilas are head and shoulders above everyone.

By the way, that picture is amazing of him flying in practice like that. Did you take that yourself?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts