Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This appeared in the Marca newspaper cover this morning... I was very surprised.

So, I suppose the question is: If Julen is good for Atletico, why not for Athletic?

Attachments

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I think that it's just a silly runour, he must have appeared in some kind of list of possible signings and Marca did the cover... right before your match, BTW.

Why would he be good for Atleti? Because they don't have Yeste, as you have. If he wants to save his career he should move somewhere... if he is not happy with his situation.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I was really surprised with this to. I always have seen Julen kind of as a symbol of what Athletic stands for, and maybe the player that plays with the most heart.

From a neutral stand point I'd say Atheltic have been changing their image a bit. Getting the jersey advertisements, selling Julen.... if these things come true I can see alot of unhappy socio's at the cathedral.

·
Registered
70,047 Posts
What a wasted talent...Julen was so brilliant 10 years ago, who don´t remember the "Julenmania"? What has happened to him? How can be someone an idol (not only in Euskadi, but in Spain) and years later a forgotten player?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Yes and they´ve loaned Simeone just so they don´t meet in the changing room....

Why don´t they let us alone? The last Marca cover about Athletic I remember was the one saying we had signed Mendieta just the day before our return leg of the Cup against Madrid, stop inventing!:mad:

Aupa Julen, forever a lion!

And even though Julen isn´t the world star he used to be, he could still add a lot to the team if he had a decent chance, but apparently all the chances are for pateTIKO, who keeps on sucking on every chance he has but continues playing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts