Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post ways on how to improve your juggling skills starting from scratch.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Starting from absolute scratch? When you have the ball up, curl your toes towards you, so the ball curls back to you when you kick it. This is the best way to learn to juggle. Once you get good at this, you can progress onto the more correct ways, but that way is the best when you start. Just practice it, and you'll get really good. Cheers.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think using cleats [football boots] help you in juggling or it doesn't make a difference from regular shoes?

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
I learned with indoor boots. But boots do better than, say, tennis shoes. I have the indoor version of the Vapors, and they do excellent for juggling.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
OK, if you want my view on this, forget everything you have already lernt from others. ;)

- There is no formula to being able to juggle. All it is: practise practise practise!!! It is easy to start from scratch and keep to it. One day you will be able to one, then you could get 2 or 3. Next day you could do 4 or 5 a few times, it just keeps getting better.

- Personally, it doesn't make a difference whether I wear football boots, slippers or whatever, and I don't think it should unless you have sensitive feet (??) so use shoes.

- Just pick up a ball and see how many you can do first. Say 7. Then give yourself a bigger target to reach and don't leave until you get to it, that is how I learned when I was 7 or 8. The number just got bigger and bigger and I tried with a tennis ball when you have to start from scratch again; its much harder. That got bigger and bigger and when I went back to a fullsize ball I could do many more because I felt it easy to control compared to the tennis ball. I always practise when I have nothing to do or when I'm waiting fror my slow computer to load.

I tend to stop counting after i get to 20 because the concentration puts me off, but I can usually juggle a fullsize ball for how ever long you want and a tennis ball for about half an hour. It is very easy but it takes time and if you want to achieve, it shouldn't be a problem.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Sazón said:
Try balancing the ball on your feet. That REALLY helps develop ball control.
Yeah, especially if you kick the ball up a ways in the air (10ft or so) and then balance it on your foot from that. Do it with both feet as well, as being two footed is very important. That's another big thing about juggling. Don't just do it with one foot. Go back and forth, back and forth. That helps you become two footed, which makes you a MUCH better player.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I lack concentration hence i'm not good at ball juggling.

Just don't think of anyuthing and concentrate on the ball.. you may get 3 or you might get 50.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
If you develop a good rhythym, you could go on for hours. I certainly feel like that sometimes.

The players with the best touch ball control and touch usually have a lot of rhythym. Look at Ronaldinho, Denilson, Zidane, and Aimar. All could be professional dancers, although Zidane would most certainly do balet. ;)

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Sazón said:
Zidane would most certainly do balet. ;)
I agree. The way he plays football really is like the ballet isn't it? :cool: Juggle to music. It keeps your concentration off the ball. For me, if I concentrate too much on the ball, then I f*** up. :( Plus, music keeps you happy while you juggle. Like samba? Listen to that. R&B? Why not. Rock? Yep. Classical? Not so much, but if that floats your boat. Personally, though, samba and R&B do best for me. There's a beat through the music that comes off in your play. :D

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Well juggling with flats has always seamed to be much easier to me

·
Registered
273 Posts
Personally try juggling with many differant sizes and types of ball and many differant shoes. Sometimes I will juggle irregular objects like a water bottle. That may not help but Oh well

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
premleague1438 said:
Personally try juggling with many differant sizes and types of ball and many differant shoes. Sometimes I will juggle irregular objects like a water bottle. That may not help but Oh well
It does becoause it teaches you the irregular bounce.

A rugby ball is a good one.

·
Registered
273 Posts
A futsal ball is good to juggle with. It is easier so it is good to start with that then use it to buld confidence. Once you get more confident then go to a normal ball. Tennis balls are much much harder but they teach good skills.

·
Registered
273 Posts
BLAQUEST said:
Well juggling with flats has always seamed to be much easier to me

It really depends on the shoe. I have some leisure shoes that work well but I love to juggle in my flats.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Raven said:
It does becoause it teaches you the irregular bounce.

A rugby ball is a good one.
Yeah I sometimes use an Aussie Rules ball, which is very similar to a rugby ball. It does help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts