1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Cerezo gave his support to Aguirre today, so I don't believe in this for two seconds. Anyways, Atlético haven't been worse than last season compared to the teams they've played so far, so Aguirre will continue.

I'm against bringing in someone like this, it's wrong and doesn't give the players or managers any motivation.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Not in the league, but we've been doing really well and above expectations in Champions League.

I'm a bit afraid that we'll fall together if we kick him out now.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Not in the league, but we've been doing really well and above expectations in Champions League.

I'm a bit afraid that we'll fall together if we kick him out now.
We should not be small minded. This team has enough talent to be highly competitive in all 3 competitions. Yes, we're doing well in the CL, but we're stinking it up in La Liga and we can barely beat lowly Orihuela in Copa del Rey.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
We should not be small minded. This team has enough talent to be highly competitive in all 3 competitions. Yes, we're doing well in the CL, but we're stinking it up in La Liga and we can barely beat lowly Orihuela in Copa del Rey.
We don't have enough talent.

Barca and Real are two steps above ... Villarreal one ... We can compare to Valencia and Sevilla.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
We don't have enough talent.

Barca and Real are two steps above ... Villarreal one ... We can compare to Valencia and Sevilla.
Actually, this is what I also think. They're some steps above us, but we can surely compare ourselves to Valencia and Sevilla. The problem for now has been our short squad and a pretty limited manager who to be honest, hasn't handed us a playing style yet.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
The problem started when he tried to have a plan in place. All went haywire and he could never recover. He should go back to the old formation of Raul-Maniche in the middle. Whatever the shortcomings are with the pair atleast we were not this bad.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
When I see the reprot card for the last 2 years of Aguirre..he has delivered what he has asked for. First to UEFA and next year to CL..and here we are in November in 7th place and doing good in CL and tyring to recover from a black October and everybody wants a manager who was sacked from his previous club for not being able to win a single match for quite sometime. Keep on your anti Aguirre thing going on, I would definately wait till season end and have no doubt we would be there in CL again next year.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
When I see the reprot card for the last 2 years of Aguirre..he has delivered what he has asked for. First to UEFA and next year to CL..and here we are in November in 7th place and doing good in CL and tyring to recover from a black October and everybody wants a manager who was sacked from his previous club for not being able to win a single match for quite sometime. Keep on your anti Aguirre thing going on, I would definately wait till season end and have no doubt we would be there in CL again next year.

If Aguirre "took" this team to the Champions League, it was because he was given a lot more talented roster that previous Atleti managers. If you watch this team, you'll see that we only succeed because of the individual brilliance of players like Kun, Simao and Forlan. There's no kind of gameplan or order on the field. Too often this team looks lost and unprepared and that's the coach's fault. We have too many players that have succeeded in other teams and are underacieving here. That's also Aguirre's fault. I hate that it's going to take a failed year for this team to correct the mistake it made in hiring him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts