Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/Soler/cede/mando/Villalonga/elpepudep/20080708elpepudep_13/Tes

Juan Soler gives the power to Juan Villalonga.

The ex-president of Telefonica, Juan Villalonga, will manage the club despite not having any share of Valencia. Juan Soler will keep his share for the moment, although Villalonga will drive the club for the next 3 years.

Sources near Villalonga assure that the new president will make "a revolution in the management of the club" and he'll get paid for objectives. Villalonga will also have the control of the sport section, although he pretends to leave the power to football experts.

In any case, the rumours that say Soler could sell the club do not stop and the future of his shares are an unveiled secret. Villalonga himself could end up buying the club. There are also rumours about a Russian businessman that could propose a offer for the club.

·
Honorable Mention, October Photo Contest 2008
2,592 Posts
*fingers crossed* please please pleeeeeease russian billionaire *fingers crossed*

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Yes that's true he has no shares, I was confusing him a bit with Vicente Soriano. Anyway, I read his biography a while ago during his telefonica days when he wanted to make a takeover with Soriano and the guy is nothing short of a genius in the financial department. Almost increasing the company's value five to six times with the help of some brave and daring decisions.

http://www.spainview.com/people/biog_villalonga.html

Villalonga In for Liverpool takeover

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, there was a lot of polemic about this raise in the value of Telefonica and some of the current shareholders can tell you about it.

Juan Villalonga was the president of the company in the middle of the internet boom. Basically, most of that increased was based on the raise of the value of Terra from zero to the heavens and zero again.

At the same time, Telefonica also entered in the battle of the digital TV in Spain, releasing a new digital channel called Via Digital to compete against Digital+. Some years later, Via Digital was in bankrupcy and Telefonica sold it for peanuts to Digital+, who still remains as the only digital TV platform in Spain.

The other reason of that raise was that fight for the liscenses of the 4th mobile generation around Europe... does anyone know about this anymore?

Besides, add some acquisitions of phone companies in South America.

Yes, the value of Telefonica reached an incredible top back in 1998... a top that has never been reached again. But what was the reason behind it? Just a huge bubble of speculation on the value of the "new technologies". Most of those pharaonic projects had been a total failure that still 10 years later are a heavy weight for the value of the shares of Telefonica in the stock market.

A financial visionary? Yes, not to Telefonica, as the time proved, but for himself. Villalonga settled a plan of stock options that were executed in the right moment before he resigned. He disappeared with lots of millions in his pockets while Telefonica and many shareholders still suffer the consequences of the crazy speculation on the value of the share.

So... take care with the character. I don't doubt about his value in the management, but not everything in his biography are lights.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
I've said in another thread that he'd have to earn some trust as he could be here to exploit us. Everything major will still go through the major shareholder in Soler so he's gonna be kept an eye on.

I have a feeling Soler hired him out of desperation. This is the guy Vicente Soriano was claiming had the connections to very good buyers of the Mestalla and this will be his first job I feel. Finding the right buyer for the Mestalla means a big chunk of our problems will go away and the rest can be solved by exploiting the Nou Mestalla which will be a big moneymaker (well according to Morera anyway :pp)

Still rumours are proposing that Villalonga wants to buy three quality players now since his marketing plan depends on a solid Valencia side. Lets see what happens.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
It's all over the press today, after five months of negotiations, he has signed a 3-5 year deal and the length depends on a lot of factors. His job is to mainly globalize Valencia like he successfully did with Telefonica and his first market of choice is the Asian one.

Villalonga aspires to quadruple our income that way, but that's easier said then done (he claims he can do it again). Secondly he will need to find buyers for the Mestalla and he and Soler have agreed on a deadline (some reports say it's 6 months) and the same deadline also includes finding a possible buyer for Valencia because Soler wants to sell his 37% shares for around 85M Euros.

Finally he has revealed that Villa, Silva and co are untouchable and are to be exploited for marketing purposes and that we will be signing big "marketable" players, if not this season but the next.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
im quite excited with villalonga. hes making the right moves, signing a marketing director and clearly wants to explotate the names of villa and silva.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
michelco said:
im quite excited with villalonga.
Same 'ere. I just read before Villalonga said 'he will make us Champions of Europe in 5 years time' :hopeful: :D Optimistic i see.

Just hope we don't sell our cracks.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Well some good news for sure, and i hope Villa and Silva are staying.
Also, Goal.com really are trying their hardest to please English fans that villa must leave.
Goal.com have interviewed Villa and maybe Villa is reading Goal.com ( you never know)
So Goal.com are writing stupid articles why Villa should leave Valencia, and how Silva would love to join Barca, with his spain team-mates. WHAT!?
Villa is definitely staying, he already has said in a interview that when Valencia play sportng gijon, next season it will be his toughest game of his career.
and even though Silva said he wants to stay, im still not that sure on him.

·
Registered
758 Posts
btw if that villalonga is really the new chairman then one good thing will definitely happen

we can have a new solid ValenciaCF websitE!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well some good news for sure, and i hope Villa and Silva are staying.
Also, Goal.com really are trying their hardest to please English fans that villa must leave.
Goal.com have interviewed Villa and maybe Villa is reading Goal.com ( you never know)
So Goal.com are writing stupid articles why Villa should leave Valencia, and how Silva would love to join Barca, with his spain team-mates. WHAT!?
Villa is definitely staying, he already has said in a interview that when Valencia play sportng gijon, next season it will be his toughest game of his career.
and even though Silva said he wants to stay, im still not that sure on him.
i h8 how english fans think every1 should want to play in england. Spain is the best league! its funny how us english che fans are the 1's that hate england the most

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I hate everything bout England.

Except LCF ofc.

:pp

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Well, first things first, at least now we fúcking got an online store :party: Doesn't look the best, but it's not the point. Really i can't wait till we get a new website i see all the other clubs, have quality. While where stuck in 90's mode.

And the English media can suck it hard.
:D

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
What's wrong with the 90's, you ridiculous millennium Croat? :pp

This guy is either going to destroy our club or revolutionize it, and all you guys can think about is our website? :dielaugh: I taught we had it down that the XT valencia forum is the club's official website? :googly: :stuckup:

Anyway today the grey haired fat fcuk has said he's going to build a Champion team. Lets see what happens..

And P.S, HangoverDays, is that you michelco with a more suiting nickname? :wth: If not, please introduce yourself in the crap thread :ass:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts