Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is he serious??!! He culdn't figure that out with a 5-3-2 lineup? Let's see 5-3-2 against Mexico 1-0 loss. Offenive linup against Italy, 2-1 win. Guess what Jozic? As if he just had this epiphany.

Croatia too defensive, lacked concentration-coach

YOKOHAMA, June 13 (Reuters) - Croatia played too defensively and lacked concentration in attack in Thursday's 1-0 defeat by Ecuador, paying the price with an early exit from the World Cup, coach Mirko Jozic said.

"Our defence played too deep and the midfield followed," he said after their final group G game. "At the end, our attackers lacked concentration and did not take their chances."
06/13/02 09:52 ET

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
what a fool. when you play with 7 defensive type players it's natural that they will play deep. it's in their nature to do that. I thought i'd just say this as no-one has replied.

guys just remember this: CROATIA 2 ITALY 1. remember how you felt when Rapaic's shot went in. Remember the celebrations and the alcohol and the headaches that followed. I'm sure just reading this brought a smile to your face.

I'm sure we will learn from this debacle, and that whoever takes over will adopt a style of play that suits us: jebote svi u napad!!! osim Kovac i Simic. :D

·
Registered
983 Posts
Jozic obviously has some mental issues :D

He does one thing and then critisises that exact same thing after the game.. this dude is obviously not with it.

Gee i feel sorry for colo colo or wherever this pythetic excuse for a coach is going.. maybe after seeing his managerial performance in the WC they will change their mind :D

Jozic is gonna get grilled when he gets back to croatia.. and so he should ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
jozic surely has some kind of mental problem...he was the one that messed everything up...okay he got us here but he screawed everything up once we started to play for real...boban come coach us!!!!!

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
One of his quotes was, "....we played to defensive...."

No sh-it. When Tomas is in the central midfield spot, what did you expect....well, the people that labeled us "The Brazilians of Europe," never figued that Jozic would be the coach....;)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
We should do whatever it takes to put offensice players out there and get that label back. I don't give a s.h.i.t., if we lose let's lose by playing football not anti-football.

And get Srecko Katanec as a coach to mold our young players into a team that will do us proud.

Our confidence and mentality screwed us this time around, and that all goes back to Jozic.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Katanec????

If you want to play attacking football then he is not the coach to get. I for one wouldn't mind Katanec but I doubt he will play an attcking game. Whether we like it or not, we don't have the players anymore to play the attacking game and control the tempo. The way it is now, we will always be counterattackers unless we get some world class midfielders.

Why is everybody having a go at Tomas? Maybe he is not a central midfielder but the guy is one of the few that actually gave all they had and more.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Dinamo...I don't think everyone is going after Tomas...but, the man is a pure back, not a midfielder, especially a central middie....

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Katanec because with better players I doubt he'll stay defensive.

Its just an assumption but he cannot be as bad as Jozic was.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Jure, yeah it is true what you say but in other threads people are saying that he shouldn't be in the NT which annoys me.

Vranjes didn't really inspire when he was brought on so I can only say that we missed Soldo.;)

Katanec is a legend but what I am saying is that any coach will have a hard time playing attacking football because we have nothing in midfield unless a few players develop into really good players in the coming years. :)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Good point but I'm faithful that Leko, Deranja, Kranjcar, Vranjes, Seric, Balaban, Olic, Bjelanovic can be those players. The old Yugo used to replace their players with the same type of players and kept the same style and I think we still can.

I heard someone mention Kranjcar for coach, not bad, whatcha think?

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
bili smo na SP-u, i to je za nas uspjeh.
straight from Jozic. That's simply disgusting.

With an attitude like that, it's little wonder we bowed out of the tournament. How dare he say that it's an achievment to qualify, when he knows full well we should have gone further. Maybe it's not the generation of 98, but that generation wasn't all that golden, as we remember. They still had to go out there and give it their all, nothing was given to them.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Ljubuski said:
Good point but I'm faithful that Leko, Deranja, Kranjcar, Vranjes, Seric, Balaban, Olic, Bjelanovic can be those players. The old Yugo used to replace their players with the same type of players and kept the same style and I think we still can.

I heard someone mention Kranjcar for coach, not bad, whatcha think?
Cico is the best choice, in case he learned something from the Zagreb's last 12 games...

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
He's a phu.ckin' shoemaker.

With an attitude like that he shouldn't ever coach again.

That's an attitude that a 7year old girls' coach should have.

Disgusting.

Ciro was berated by the media but now Jozic won't be able to walk the streets.

If anything I thank the 96 and 98 teams for instilling a sense of pride and accomplishment in the NT. The successor teams have something to live up to as do the coaches. That coach happens to be Ciro. I just read this, and Ciro would never have said this useless comment.

How are players supposed to set high goals for themselves when their nailbiting, defensively paranoid coach is only happy with being there.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
I'm not saying he should have unrealistic and sky high goals, but that's ridiculous.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
you guys are right Jozic was not meant for this head coaching job he was too nice too good of a person! while Ciro was a circus act his life was coaching and he was a master at it!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Ero said:

straight from Jozic. That's simply disgusting.

With an attitude like that, it's little wonder we bowed out of the tournament. How dare he say that it's an achievment to qualify, when he knows full well we should have gone further. Maybe it's not the generation of 98, but that generation wasn't all that golden, as we remember. They still had to go out there and give it their all, nothing was given to them.
i've heard it all now. USA is into the quarters, as is Senegal. Japan or Turkey will be joining them today....And Jozic is saying that just being there is an achievement? No wonder Croatia bombed out of the group stage.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
things are going from bad to worse. Hopefully it hits rock bottom over the next week or so with more news coming out and then we could look forward to the EC qualies.

JureM.....what's the news in the states regarding the USA NT?

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
News?? What news??? Actually, considering how early the games are, ESPN has been getting some great ratings for the US games...and then there is Univision the spanish language chanel that is also getting very good ratings...

The soccer fans here are going nuts....the non-soccer fan, well, they like their baseball, and thats pretty much it....

By the way, Placebo, you're right, hope it hits rock bottom over the next few weeks. I mean the rumor of Boksic leaving in disgust during half time of the Equador game, and now this article pretty much shows the frustration of Bokisic. You could have seen it in his face durning the Equador game. You have to feel for him because he missed a golden chance to play in the last World Cup one where if he was not hurt he and Suker would have been deadly together...I can only imagine what the results would have been...to this. I really beleive if we played the way were supposed to things would have been different....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts