Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jozic announced that after the WC he will be quitting the NT and hopefully going back to Colo Colo

it was on www.onefootball.com

couldnt b f.ukked going back on the site and pasting it, sorry boys

·
Registered
520 Posts
From www. uefa.com

Jozic to step down
Friday 17 May 2002

Mirko Jozic will stand down as coach of Croatia after this summer's FIFA World Cup finals to return to his previous club CSD Colo Colo in Chile.

'Say goodbye']/B]
"It is time to say goodbye," Jozic said. "I will do my best to get us a place among the 16 best teams, but I have done my job. In Japan and Korea I will finish it off. I have a moral commitment to Colo Colo. It is the club that marked my career."

Great experience
Jozic replaced Miroslav Blazevic as Croatia coach in September 2000. A former coach of Croatia's B team, he has worked in six different countries on three continents. Jozic took over at Colo Colo in 1989 and immediately made his mark, leading the team to three league titles and the Copa Libertadores in just under four seasons. He left the club to take up the reins of the Chilean national side, but was there for only a year.

Impressive CV
After brief periods with FC America in Mexico and HNK Hajduk Split back in Croatia, Jozic led Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal to victory in the 1997 Asian Club Championship. A year later, Jozic was back in South America, coaching CA Newell's Old Boys in Argentina for a year before heading to Portugal and Sporting Clube de Portugal.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Now who replaces him?

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Well its like almost every NT team coach,...they end up leaving after the WC. Coaching any NT team is tough and it takes a toll especially when every single move you make is put under the microscope.

Now we shall see who will be the next one....

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I haven't seen anything about this on either nogomet.com, vecernjak, slobodna, sportnet or anywhere. I feel it's another suspect story, it's been 3 days for God's sake, they should have ran the story now.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree Ero, this story is definately false! Why would Jozic want to announce this now, 2 weeks before t he big show? It makes no sense! Anyhow, pozdrav svima, I haven't posted in a while! Naprijed Vatreni!

H

·
0 Posts
Mirko Jozic - Legenda!

Do not belive everything in the media, I think Mirko Jozic has his mind set on Korea/Japan, and not Colo/Colo Chile. Jozic once again made history for Croatia, bringing the team to the final stage of the World Cup, and we must respect that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts