Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blame both the HNS and jozic for there weak preparations for the World Cup. Here is my list why.

HNS for playing 4 weak European teams for the friendlies leading up to the Wc and not choosing any South American teams. Mexico and Ecuador both played the Serbs and Ac Milan to get a feel for Croatia and Italy.

Jozic for saying before the World Cup that he is going to quit the National team.

Jozic for being too defensive.

HNS for hiring that idiot.

Jozic for not talking with confidence about the team like Ciro did.

HNS for not playing a friendly against a SOuth American Team or African team for years.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Van Cro...

What a difference 4 years makes.

Lack of preparation was the biggest key...nothing agains Hungary or Bosnia-hercegovina, but, we shouldn't be playing teams like that in tune up games before the World Cup.

Next, if you look at the three games, we couldn't put more that 5 passes together in any posession. Even the Italy game. That is the fault of preparation...that is the coaches fault.

Even before the Cup started, there was more negative talk from players and coaches. Rather that be postive, we got the premonition of how things were going to be when you have players and coach saying things like not to expect much from this team, etc etc. You know, Mexico doesn't have near the skill that we have yet Mexico did not lose a game...why? Their Coach was a master motivator. He has that team believing that it could walk on water...that is the way Ciro was too.

the game plan...to defensive minded. Jozic wanted to play like it was 1990 not 2002. Most of the midfield were converted backs....you are not going to score, let alon win many games doing that.

With that.....you can't do anything about the missed chances we had today..Boksic hits a post....Equador knocks a sure goal right from the goal line.....those shots go in, we have 3 goals easily today....but that is why they play the games....just think, if we convert on those....we would be through to the next round.

Also, the other good thing to come out of this is that the young guys ot some valuable experience playing in pressure situations as well as playing in a World Cup. That experience can be carried over and help.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I'm not mad at all....

I am disapointed but not mad at Jozic or the players or the HNS. We can't expect Croatia to be world beaters when we all knew full well that our team was no-where near the class of the '98 team. Sure we still have a lot of quality and the future looks alright if we could find a few more playmakers in mid-field and a natural goal scorer up front. The Boban's, Prosinecki's and Suker's of the future are coming.

We could've played with more attacking tactic's but that doesn't mean we would have won easily. Look at Argentina against Sweden... Mexico proved to be the class of the group, Ecuador are not a poor side... We had a poor World Cup but their is no point in crying about. Let's just get over it and move on.

I think our next genteration, Tudor, Vranjes, Olic, Balaban will be peaking over the next 4 to 5 years and we will only get stronger from here.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Now we know who to blame for the Mexico debacle.

Bye Jozic.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I'll never forgive him for the Mexico game, and for not motivating our team, setting some tactics and some dubious decisions as to who plays where.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
"Who plays where?" Is probably what he asked the boys 10 minutes before kickoff.

This team was poorly organized and had no belief in themselves, not entirelyl Jozic's fault but he's at the helm so he's the bullseye.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Ljubuski said:
"Who plays where?" Is probably what he asked the boys 10 minutes before kickoff.

This team was poorly organized and had no belief in themselves, not entirelyl Jozic's fault but he's at the helm so he's the bullseye.
yep... players deserve big bite of blame cookie, however you cant grow new players in 2 years.... but you sure can change the coach :D

p.s. we need to play more NT games, thats why Mexico and USA went through, they took 3 months to prepare, playing many, many games... reason Europeans didnt do too well (or S. Americans) is that , like us, their players play at top leagues and dont have time for long preparations

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Ofcourse you can't grow new players, but these players can play better than that, they prove it every week for their clubs, and they proved it against Italy.

So what's the problem?

I think we all know...

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
The players have to take the blame for the effort they didn't put in. Jozic for not sticking to his oringional line-up and tactics, that beat Italy, for the Ecuador game (Just should have had Vranjes replace Soldo).

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
New Cro. Force

EC'04
-----------------------------Pletikosa-----------------------
---------Simunic--------------Tudor-------------R. Kovac--
------------------------------Vranjes--------------------------
--------N. Kovac/Babic-----------------------Seric---------------
--------------Vugrinec/Leko------Rapaic/Carevic----------
-------------------Balaban-----------------Olic-------

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
lookin' good :)

I'm sure that with the youth programme we'll have some rising stars in the next generation

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Ero said:
lookin' good :)

I'm sure that with the youth programme we'll have some rising stars in the next generation
AKO NE BUDE NEKA ONDA IDE SVE U PICKU MATERINU

1 - 15 of 15 Posts